AZ J-Body Meet - South Mountain Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
AZ J-Body Meet
Wednesday, July 04, 2007 3:33 PM
This is posted from AZJBO.org

Someone mentioning tucson and phoenix getting together for one big meet got me thinking...

1st let me start off with a small story...when i was part of the cobalt group everyone from tucson (10-15 of us) drove to phoenix, everything done was not planned, a few of us got left behind, we had no communication and a few of us ended up leaving. It felt like a waste of gas and time.

I think it would be great if we start today and plan a date for everyone in tucson to get together and meet up one morning and we head to phx for one big meet. Or vice versa. I think it would be easier since others who are closer to phx for us to go to phx. I think if we get enough people in tucson or around tucson to meet up here and then had as a group, however many to go to phx. If we plan it like the end of the month say...

July 28th

The last saturday of the month. Those of you in phx can have a get together meeting. Think of a place we could get together. It would be nice if like we could have a barbecue/play some games/and have fun. I think since we would have the farthest to drive it would be good to bring like a cooler for chips and dip, maybe some soda or snacks that won't ruin on the way up. Most of us here in tucson have walkie talkies so it will be easier for us to go as a group.

If this sounds good let me know. We would need good directions and possibly stay late in the night so we can see where you guys cruise and get together. We could make the date earlier if those of you wish But i figure the 28th gives everyone plenty of time to get the date off.

What does everyone think???

List
1. Jen
2. Paul
3. Scooba (sorry don't know your first name)
4. Caveman

05 Mazda RX-8

Re: AZ J-Body Meet
Tuesday, July 17, 2007 1:18 PM
^^^ bump

we got a decent list going so come on people if your on here and in AZ come over to AZJBO or PM me or something!

i think right now there is about 9 of us

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 2:35 PM
Here's an update on the NEW details and list

1. Jennifer
2. Mike
3. Gary (?)
4. Streaker
5. Rey (cobalt ss/sc)
6. Paul
7. Djbeefyaz (?)
8. Chris (if still in town)

Well how about this month those who want to get together for a meet come to tucson. I'll get with streaker via pm to think of a meeting place and than we can all head up to mt. lemmon it's alot cooler up there and i'm sure we can bring food and chat and those of you can stay for the tucson j-body meet that we have at 10pm and then cruise with us if you'd like. I suggest to those who are coming to get walkie talkie's you can get them fairly cheap at wal-mart it will help everyone know what's going on and stay in contact... So lets do a new list.....and then we can plan for phx in the fall/winter?? If that sounds better then here'st he list for tucson. And we can do this on the 28th.

05 Mazda RX-8
Tuesday, July 17, 2007 10:53 PM
we might wanna figure out some times and whatnot. also, bring 5 or 10 bucks for the use of a bbq pit up there. it's for each car, i can't remember the exact amount, just a heads up. also, i was thinking that we could hit up the pool hall if everyone wanted to, pockets on wilmot and 22nd. just that way the cops can't botherus for cruising, i just don't care for sitting onspeedway or anything like that anymore, i've been bothered too many times, is all.

BIKER COPS CAN BE SUCH D!CKS AT TIMES (X2)

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 8:02 AM
thats why i said we should just eat at the top of the MT instead of BBQ save $$ and easier to set up. im going to run out of posts so im gonna go back to AZJBO

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 10:52 AM
we are meeting by my house at 9am and leaving no later than 10:30 am. my house is on cortaro road. Take cortaro exit towards marana and make a left head to the mcdonalds on the right they have a huge parking lot everyone can meet there and head to mt lemmon from there.

05 Mazda RX-8
Wednesday, July 18, 2007 8:32 PM
Haha thats the day after I leave a 4-week stint at ASU!

Thursday, July 19, 2007 1:17 PM
eep that sucks

05 Mazda RX-8
Friday, July 20, 2007 7:43 PM
Oh well...2 sand storms and 1 heat stroke this week...Im kinda sick of the place now, lol!

Monday, July 23, 2007 8:02 PM
so are you going to make it or no? i'm confuzzled lol

05 Mazda RX-8
Wednesday, July 25, 2007 10:39 PM
Nah, my flight leaves at 8 on Friday!

Thursday, July 26, 2007 8:56 AM
ahh that sucks

05 Mazda RX-8
Saturday, July 28, 2007 4:42 PM
Hope its going well!

Sunday, July 29, 2007 8:41 AM
it was fun! alot of people canceled but we had a good showing here's some pics
http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c372/TwilightMagicStables/J-Body%20Meets/

05 Mazda RX-8
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search