need some help from the Colorado peeps - South Mountain Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
need some help from the Colorado peeps
Thursday, August 23, 2007 9:50 AM
I'm moving my sister next Thursday up to Longmont, CO from Phoenix, AZ. I'll be in a U-Haul-style truck, towing a car on a car dolly.

I was wondering if anyone up there could help me with getting into Longmont the easiest/least congested/fastest way.

thanks!

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Re: need some help from the Colorado peeps
Thursday, August 23, 2007 11:05 AM
What time of day you plan to come in? During the right time, I-25 would probably be clear enough to get you there without much trouble...Give me a holler, I can probably meet you...

Thursday, August 23, 2007 1:34 PM
Mapquest says 13 hours. we're planning on starting out at about 3 a.m. given that we're in a U-Haul towing a car, we'll probably hit Denver at 15 hours, which should be around 6.

Desert Tuners

Thursday, August 23, 2007 2:12 PM
6pm? That'll be pure hell on I-25...its usually locked up both directions from about 3-7pm...you might have only a little traffic until you actually get to downtown, then it will be gridlock...

Thursday, August 23, 2007 2:19 PM
we might sit somewhere for an hour or so then, just to make sure traffic is cleared up a bit. I'm trying to steer clear of Phoenix morning rush hour, and the traffic up the mountain to Flagstaff.

Desert Tuners

Thursday, August 23, 2007 9:17 PM
Well yeah man, I finish classes at like 1pm on Thursday, just give me a holler and we can meet up or somethin...

Thursday, August 23, 2007 9:25 PM
I'll see what I can do bro.

I'm pretty sure we'll go out Friday night. I'll let ya know.

Desert Tuners

Sunday, August 26, 2007 9:19 PM
I-25 for sure

Pull off around 5:30 or so to grub, traffic thins out northbound by 6-615

dave will drive you insane, btw.

Monday, August 27, 2007 11:48 AM
Dont make me come over there....

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 2:19 AM
I live in Longmont or outside of it now.. It depends on if you are coming up I-25 from New Mexico or if you are coming in I-76. I know in my ventures to Phoenix I took I-25. Being I am up on this end traffic can suck at Highway 52 as that is where it goes from 3 lanes down to 2 lanes and it is always bottlenecked at that spot, sometimes for a couple of miles. I have seen it backed up there at noon and at 8:00pm. Depends on the day. There is Colorado National Speedway that is by Longmont and if you are going to come through on a Saturday night then the best time would be like 1:00am. They are also doing road construction going South of Longmont and people like to "looky-loo" and go @!#$ 45-50mph. I am a tow truck driver and deal with this @!#$ every day. I could point you in some good ways to get into Longmont depending on time.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 5:58 AM
we do plan on getting into Longmont around 8-ish Thursday night. my sister's friend that lives in Longmont said to take I-25.

I guess we'll just have to deal with traffic if and when we hit it.

Desert Tuners

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 12:22 PM
i was just through longmont on saturday. its a nice place and only about 2 hrs from where i live

Thursday, August 30, 2007 1:21 AM
You should be fine coming in around that time.

Thursday, September 06, 2007 7:57 AM
an update:

sorry I didn't call anyone. it was more of a "sister just moved to CO and I'm not sure when I'll see her again" kinda thing. she wants me to go back up there in November for our birthdays, so we'll see about then.

we went to Boulder Friday night for a bit. it was cool there, especially the bar we went to. my sister and her friend called it "the Downer". it was in a basement... one of those hole-in-the-wall places. my kinda place. LOL

I got on the freeway here in AZ at about 4 a.m., and didn't hit traffic until we got to Denver. damn Denver construction! and to make it worse, it was right in front of Mile High Stadium, right after a game let out. my only saving grace was a Greyhound bus that let me in. I was in a Penske moving truck towing a car dolly with her Toyota Yaris on it, so not many people were keen on letting me in.

we hit Longmont at about 10:30, so about 18 1/2 hours, including food and gas stops. it wasn't too bad of a drive though.

it's definitely very beautiful up in CO, and I can't wait to go again.

Desert Tuners

Thursday, September 06, 2007 10:53 AM
Well it beats AZ, thats for sure....but still, I cant wait to move back to Cali...

Friday, September 07, 2007 5:51 PM
89Sunbird wrote:Well it beats AZ, thats for sure....but still, I cant wait to move back to Cali...

Niether can we dave

Saturday, September 08, 2007 9:49 AM
Be sure to let us know when you actually fix that sig, eh?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, September 08, 2007 9:50 AM

Sunday, September 09, 2007 5:09 PM
89Sunbird wrote: Be sure to let us know when you actually fix that sig, eh?

fixed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, September 09, 2007 5:10 PM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search