Moving to Utah. emission question. - South Mountain Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Moving to Utah. emission question.
Thursday, April 12, 2007 8:42 PM
I live in Southern California and we all know how Cali is on emissions. I didn't know that Utah has emission testing untill I looked on line. I'm going to be buying a 2001 Camaro SS this summer but moving to maybe West Valley City. Not too sure when. What do I have to pay attention to when it comes to testing the Camaro? I want to buy the SLP PerformancePacs for the 400 hp. Here's the link for the 400 hp PerformancePacs http://www.slponline.com/browse_list.asp The only PerformancePacs that will pass in Cali is the 350 hp one which will pass in any state. But the one I REALLY want is the 400 hp one. There are 3 PerformancePacs; 350hp, 375hp, and 400hp. I've been having my eyes on the 400hp one. The question: "Will the 400 hp PerformancePac pass emission testing in Utah??" Thanks.

Re: Moving to Utah. emission question.
Thursday, April 12, 2007 8:50 PM
For what ever reason the link didn't work. But getting to the part for the PerformancePacs is fairley easy.
Just click on "1998-2002 F-Body" on the left under "Shop By Vehicle" than under the picture of the Camaro and Pontiac (pictured together) click on "PerformancePacs" (second form the bottom of list) First page is the 350hp and the 375hp. The 400hp is on page 2.
Friday, April 20, 2007 8:26 AM
honestly i think you can get away with it. as long as you have cats on your car it should be good. im originally from west valley city. and my best friend lives there still. he has cai, header, 2 1/2 inch exhaust with high flow cat and he passed just fine. you gotta worry about safety inspections too tho man
Friday, May 25, 2007 4:34 PM
wuzzz up, hey i konw you^. haha. yea i live in salt lake, and work in murray. as long as your obd2 systems are ready and have your emissions systems you will pass emissions. safty isnt a big deal.
Wednesday, May 30, 2007 5:22 PM
ya i live in utah theyll pass you but cops in salt lake can give a ticket for any exhaust mods at all if they wanna be dicks.... but hey i didnt realize there were any members on here from utah we gotta get a club or something going

***Looking for a BLUE 03+ STOCK cavi wing pm me if ya got one you wanna sell***

Saturday, June 30, 2007 4:57 PM
lyndon wixom, you're going to have to fill me in here. I don't remember names too well.
Is this true about Utah also: I was also told that as long as you pass emissions, they don't care what you have under the hood. Unlike Cali where things have to be CARB approved, stuff like that doesn't exist in Utah. Pretty much comes down to; what can i do and what can't i do to my car in Utah.
Sunday, September 30, 2007 4:07 PM
People in utah are pretty easily bribed, my race car, srt-4, just got passed yesterday with a gutted cat, side exit exaust, big turbo and internals, and it only cost me $40. But as far as doing it legally its just a matter of where you go, in west valley 400hp should be ok, but when youi are on the streets try to avoid being really loud in neighbor hoods and when you know a cop is around. Murray, salt lake and some sheriffs are big dicks about noise. oh and i would recommend not racing on state street on friday nights, very bad idea, too many cops, and you might loose your car. hope to see ya around.

Veritas Aequitas

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search