Tucson, AZ Mechanic Shop recommendations - South Mountain Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tucson, AZ Mechanic Shop recommendations
Sunday, June 22, 2008 7:53 PM
I have 99 z24 that I need to get a lot of maintenance done, valve cover gasket, spark plugs/packs/wires, fuel sending unit (my gas gauge goes crazy doesn't read corretly), Odometer display is hit or missing, maybe the motor mounts, I think it has close to 90k on the clock. Besides going to the dealing anyone have good luck with a mechanic shop in tucson, Az.

Thanks guys

Re: Tucson, AZ Mechanic Shop recommendations
Wednesday, July 02, 2008 12:47 AM
Yikes, sounds like your car needs a little TLC but 90k miles is not too bad for its age. With a little searching you can find some good how-to's on here and perhaps tackle the plugs, wires, and motor mounts yourself - might save you a couple of bucks if you are technically inclined.

There are hundreds of auto repair shops in the phone book but do you know that Tucson only has 31 shops that are AAA approved facilities? That might mean more to some people than others but I like to think it's worth something (the business is in good standing with the BBB, etc). You can use their website to find a few shops close by you, and then start calling them for prices. Might be a good way to get started. Good luck! http://www.aaaaz.com/auto/carcare.htm

Re: Tucson, AZ Mechanic Shop recommendations
Monday, July 07, 2008 11:13 AM
Get some friends on Davis-Monthan AFB and see if they'll let you bring your car to the Auto Hobby Shop. That'd be AWESOME! Body lifts, air tools, Snap-On... u name it. You will probably need a car pass and the guy will have to sign you on to the base. No big deal.

Good Luck!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search