Wife Is Thinking about Buying a JBody in AZ - South Mountain Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wife Is Thinking about Buying a JBody in AZ
Monday, July 21, 2008 3:14 PM
My Wife sold her 96 Camaro V6 because she wanted to get something a little better on Gas mileage and she happens to like the Cav/Sunfires. So I wanted to see if anyone on the forums here might have a nice one or some pointers to look at spec to these vehicles.

We have been watching Craigs List Obviously but I have been more of a forums person since groups tend to take car of each other more then someone who may be trying to hide something on Craigs List...

The only real requirements are AC and Manual Tranny.

So if anyone has anything, or has anything I should look for if were forced to look on Craigs List i would appreciate the information.

Thanks so much

Re: Wife Is Thinking about Buying a JBody in AZ
Tuesday, July 22, 2008 5:50 AM
sedans are going to be harder to find in a manual, but they are out there.

I'd recommend looking for an '03 to '05 LS Sport. something that's basically stock, no modifications.

you can also look on AutoTrader.com. I'll also keep my eyes open for you.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 9:30 AM
she will take a 2 door thats fine too. She just wants to be sure its a manual.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008 5:05 PM
I know where there is one for sale....$7500, or $10500 with a NICE turbo setup!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, July 22, 2008 5:19 PM

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 6:30 PM
What's your budget?

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 6:40 PM
Not looking for a Turbo looking for a Stock, maybe a mild modded NA but this is for my wife. She is into playing but she likes show more then go.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008 6:44 PM
It can be stock besides the OEM style CF hood.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 6:48 PM
lol yes I am sure some CF etc would not upset her.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008 10:10 PM
NICE car, great deal on this car....look in to it Elliott

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 11:28 PM
Well I have some questions, would like to see pics etc. From looking around seems this car has seen a few different setups and some def mods. Just how stock would it being going back too?
Wednesday, July 23, 2008 11:32 PM
IM me and we'll discuss it.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 11:35 PM
AIM is online or Would you pref Yahoo? Or MSN I am lazy aand use tillian so which ever you pref.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008 11:40 PM
I'm on AIM now, same name as here.

Monday, July 28, 2008 11:48 AM
Well I have not gotten any pics and were still taking in options. The 5th is almost here.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008 10:35 AM
id seriously stay away from his cav , its been beat on HARD , i wouldnt sell that car to my worst enemy

cant believe he would even consider selling it to some one that would give it to their wife , selling it to a kid as a project or play toy i could understand

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 10:40 AM
[quote=97cavie24ls(™)]id seriously stay away from his cav , its been beat on HARD , i wouldnt sell that car to my worst enemy

cant believe he would even consider selling it to some one that would give it to their wife , selling it to a kid as a project or play toy i could understand
ROFL. Awwww Eric, so cute of you to come here and post. Little pissy that you sold me a crank pulley for shipping costs? What's next, rally your minions to come post in here too?

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 10:42 AM
The wife liked the looks but we both agreed for what we can find locally the price was to high out of everything else.

For now she has a small list of cars to test out and its still something she is watching for come the 5th she will have to be ready to purchase something the next day, she will have to choose something from her list lol.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008 12:46 PM
Ok I have gotten 8 emails all saying 1 post was made over and over.

I am not sure whats going on but really this is a thread to find other locals who are possibly thinking of selling or know of something good for my wife locally.

Thanks to everyone for the help so far but if we could keep it on that topic it would be pref.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search