looking for someone in tucson or phoenix az for a tune - South Mountain Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
looking for someone in tucson or phoenix az for a tune
Friday, July 03, 2009 6:42 PM
ok i got an 03 cav and its got the hahns stage 2 kit and i need a tune for it since my a/f is all over the place....also its running really choppy so i need the idle figured out...ive already checked for vaccum leaks and whatnot and found none...so my next guess is the tune...

anyone out there willing to help me out for a few bucks...

2003 LS SPORT: suspension and brake upgrades for now...motor and boost coming son

2008 Cobalt SS/TC: the fast car

Re: looking for someone in tucson or phoenix az for a tune
Saturday, July 11, 2009 11:20 AM
so noone in the area knows of where i can get a tune done for my car.....i mean i dont have the money for an hp tuners of my own yet...otherwise i wouldnt even be bothering with posting this question....

2003 LS SPORT: suspension and brake upgrades for now...motor and boost coming son

Saturday, July 11, 2009 11:58 AM
I can't remember the name of the one person that does tuning right now. Jump over to DesertTuners.com and sign up. Some one there will know the the guy I'm talking about. I think the guys name is name is PsycoSteve. He's in the Phoenix area. All he really tunes is the 2.2eco and mustangs.

______
Inochi
Friday, July 31, 2009 11:43 PM
look up dyno comp, see if they will take you. i know a guy who got his subaru tuned there. also try FAT(forced air tech). i'm not sure if they do tunes but they specialized in forced air induction obviously. give them a call too.

http://youtu.be/RXppsUVhJJE
my car ^
Saturday, August 01, 2009 11:17 AM
Just thought I'd lend a hand on the last post on here and make it easier.

FAT Office #: 602.993.3288
Steve @ Ecotec-tuning.com #: 866.759.7657
DynoComp #: 480.596.0500

"Vroom."
"Yo I wouldn't race him, there's not even an interior in his car man."
"Vrooooooom PSSSSHHH!"
"Oh sh*t. F*ck that, dude..."

Sunday, August 02, 2009 2:09 AM
cool cool...ill try them out and see what happens...

i just got back from the track and was a lil disappointed but all in all it was ok...

best run was a 14.92 at 98mph....thought it would be faster but its ok...next time

Tuesday, August 04, 2009 2:54 AM
I talked to dynocomp a couple weeks back and they said it would cost an arm and a leg to tune an 03 cavalier. Without any fuel management (electronic, like hptuners), the car would have to spend hours upon hours on the dyno.

"You can only feed them semen for so long before their legs fall off."

Tuesday, August 04, 2009 1:48 PM
however if i can get ahold of hptuner it would be cheaper? wats an arm and a leg cuz i have a friend of a friend down here that can do it but he said like 300 bucks...and i really dont wanna spend that much on a friggin tune...ill spend the extra 200 and get hptuners myself and then do it myself...but run the risk of blowing up...lol

Friday, August 07, 2009 4:33 AM
300 is a smokin deal on a tune! Back in the day Lopers quoted me at around $700-900 for a dyno tune.

"You can only feed them semen for so long before their legs fall off."

Monday, August 10, 2009 10:27 PM
Senorguitar19 wrote:300 is a smokin deal on a tune! Back in the day Lopers quoted me at around $700-900 for a dyno tune.

but what if you don't wanna buy hpt? how much?

my car ^
Monday, August 10, 2009 11:54 PM
for the guy i talked to down here in tucson you dont need to do anything but make sure the car is running right....i mean he can fix problems if u cant but he charges 50 bucks an hour to fix whatever needs to be done...

but on the bright side the tune is 300 bucks and 50-100 bucks for retunes if needed or if things are changed down the line...like when i do the forged bottom end, head, and cams.....

i got a lot of work to do damn...lol...

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 1:25 PM
Mike Asher wrote:for the guy i talked to down here in tucson you dont need to do anything but make sure the car is running right....i mean he can fix problems if u cant but he charges 50 bucks an hour to fix whatever needs to be done...

but on the bright side the tune is 300 bucks and 50-100 bucks for retunes if needed or if things are changed down the line...like when i do the forged bottom end, head, and cams.....

i got a lot of work to do damn...lol...

any noticable gains with his tunes? even a couple tenths off the quarter mile time would be worth it for me.

my car ^
Wednesday, August 12, 2009 10:06 PM
yeah i had him tune my ls1 when i had it and it knocked almost a whole second as well as added about 50 hp to the wheels....im sure it wont be as much for an ecotec tune but i have seen him work wonders on mustangs and camaros and firebirds....

he has an 03 cobra that runs low 10s or 11s i believe it is that he has done everything himself so he def knows his shyt

Thursday, August 13, 2009 1:24 PM
cool cool. so he's in Tucson? any shop name or anything so i can find him when it comes time for me to do a tune?

my car ^
Thursday, August 13, 2009 1:42 PM
Austin make a post on DT about this. There are plenty of us who know people, and we can probably get you a better deal in the valley.

Thursday, August 13, 2009 9:39 PM
yeah hes in tucson but as far as i know he doesnt have a shop....does stuff on the side while working...he may have had one a lil while back and closed it but not sure....

i should copy the post over to DT im gonna go ahead and do it now...lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search