03 cav part out, turbo coilovers and more!!!! - South Mountain Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
03 cav part out, turbo coilovers and more!!!!
Monday, January 25, 2010 2:08 PM
Well the time has come to move on. Just picked up another car and just can't afford two.

I will get some pics up very soon. Just have to go out side and snap a few.

Saab turbo kit: $1500.00 - includes H.O. turbo TD04-14t, manifold without air injection, Brandoson 2.5" downpipe with 1 O2 bung and 2.5" flange, 2.5" cat pipe with catco high flow cat, Front mount intercooler with 2" in/out, all charge pipes and couplers all 2", all oil and coolant lines in stainless braid, all fittings, 02 fuel rail with ss s/c injectors and lines, GM s/c reflashed Ecu with tmap sensor and fuel injector harness pre-wired, DIY manual boost controller, home depot catch can with lines, intake manifold with tmap pre installed. vac/boost and fuel psi gauges. Will also include all the vacuum lines and the drill bit and tap to tap the block.
Turbo was purchashed used on ebay and was said to have 30,000 miles on it when I bought it and I have put maybe 4500-5000 more on it. Turbo has very, very little shaft play on it and has never given me any problems. But with any used turbo a rebuild is always recommended. Kits for this turbo can be found for around $100.
Had lots of fun with this installed on the car. Instant spool and tons of low end torque makes it very fun to drive around. I ran a 14.6 at 96mph at bandimere speedway, elevation 5800ft. Kit was set to about 10 psi. It will spool to around 10 by @ 2200 rpm and bleed off to around 7 at redline. Charge pipe from the i/c to the turbo is ran under the car, so if you are really low you will have to be a little careful. I was running fairly low on Tein ss and never had a problem, just a few minor scratches on the lower pipe.

Tein SS: $1100.00 - Have about 8500 mile on them and they are great. I have been running about 1 1/2" lower all the way around. Run these on 8 front and rear for the daily drive and love the way the car handles. Very planted. Nice ride on smoother roads with a little bumpiness over the really rough patches.

Engine: $250.00 - Out of an 04 cav. Bought from a local JY with about 40,000 miles on it. Mileage now is right around 50,000. May have a bad headgasket. The motor never smoked but does have traces of water on the oil cap and dipstick. This will be a complete longblock minus the intake manifold. Also will include the alternator with belt and power steering pump. Also will Include a BBP 4-2-1 header, Doesn't have the lower flange on it.

Trans: $200.00 - Out of my 03, has about 140000 miles on it. Always had Mobil 1 full syn fluid. Shifts and runs perfectly.

Mounts:
TTR upper: $55.00 Black with blue bushing
RKSport lower: $25.00
TTR trans: $45.00 Includes mounting brackets with bushings installed.

Clutch: $200.00 - Spec stage 2+ with flywheel. Clutch and flywheel were installed at the same time. Flywheel is an aftermarket OE replacement. Both installed when engine installed and have about 10,000miles.

Short Throw: $85.00 - B&M short throw shifter.

ECU: $50.00 - Stock 03 cav with manual transmission.

Wiring Harness: $50.00 - Full engine wiring harness minus fuel injector harness(may have 1 I can include).

Rear Sway bar: $45.00 - RKSport 22mm rear sway bar. Recommend new bushings.

Intake:$25.00 - RKSport short ram intake, no filter or coupler.

Also have random interior and exterior pieces.
Buyer to pay actual shipping on smaller items, will give discounted shipping for the larger items.
I accept paypal, but am willing to discuss more options.
Please PM or email me @ gmoney03@q.com with any questions.
All parts are still on the car but I can have removed and shipped within a day or two as I am no longer driving the car.
Thanks for looking,
Mike

Re: 03 cav part out, turbo coilovers and more!!!!
Monday, January 25, 2010 2:12 PM
Eco Swap Special: $600.00 - Will include engine,transmission, clutch and flywheel, all motor and trans mounts, Ecu and wiring harness. Also include the intake.

BOV: $20.00 - Jegs version of the mopar bov adaptor. goes under the stock bypass valve on the turbo and turns the CBV into an atmospheric vent. Very loud. Only installed for about 20 miles, just to loud for my tastes.

All prices are negotiable, but no low balling.
Monday, January 25, 2010 5:12 PM
you have a pm.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 6:08 AM
PM sent.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 8:02 AM
pm sent as well

2003 LS SPORT: suspension and brake upgrades for now...motor and boost coming son

2008 Cobalt SS/TC: the fast car
Tuesday, January 26, 2010 1:17 PM
All PM's replied to.
Tuesday, January 26, 2010 4:30 PM
PM sent

Right place, wrong time, right person, wrong situation
Tuesday, January 26, 2010 4:50 PM
pics of bov please

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 7:54 PM
DAMN IT!!! you have quite a few things i could use AND your local to me BOOOO

Wednesday, January 27, 2010 4:03 PM
Got a few updates:
Turbo parts are pending sale
Tein ss are pending sale, consider sold
lower motor mount is SOLD. paid for and shipped.
sway bar is pending sale right now
mounts are pending
clutch/flywheel pending

Few things to add also:
Pioneer 4x6 door speakers and 6x9 rear speakers. Can't remember model name offhand(Ts or gs something???) but will try to get those. $25.00 a pair
Dual xhd6420 - am/fm/cd with built in HD radio -$40.00

Got a lot of interest in the sway bar, the sale is pending right now. But I just got a quote to ship and it is outragous. Just an FYI if the pending sale doesn't go through.

Ecotecpower just let me know, I'm about 10 minutes from Denver and I'll deliver.
Wednesday, January 27, 2010 4:05 PM

Pics of the bov adaptor as requested.

Thursday, January 28, 2010 4:43 PM
pm'd

Friday, January 29, 2010 2:52 PM
All PM's replied to.

Few more updates:
Pending sale on the trubo parts didn't work out so the turbo kit is still for sale.
Pending sale on sway bar didn't work out, sway bar still for sale. Shipping quotes on this thing range from about 40-55 dollars because of oversized box through UPS. still trying to find a cheaper alternative, going to check fed ex and usps later.
Sunday, January 31, 2010 12:20 PM
I think I threw out the old bov from my turbo...
Isn't possible to use that one now, my bad.
Thanks though. I'll let you know if I find it somewhere

Sunday, January 31, 2010 7:15 PM
Got shipping quotes from usps and I can ship the sway bar for about 20 dollars.
Pending sale on the short throw.
Monday, February 01, 2010 12:03 AM
so did the SS sale?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, February 01, 2010 12:07 AM

Monday, February 01, 2010 3:33 AM
wat about the clutch and flywheel?

2003 LS SPORT: suspension and brake upgrades for now...motor and boost coming son

2008 Cobalt SS/TC: the fast car
Monday, February 01, 2010 9:08 AM
Both the clutch and The SS's are still pending sale. I'll let you guys know.
Tuesday, February 02, 2010 12:56 AM
Do you still have the sway bar ? I live in Denver let me know thanks

2003 2.2 ecotec turbo 250 whp 247tq
Friday, February 05, 2010 12:52 PM
Clutch/Flywheel-SOLD
Short throw shifter-SOLD
lower motor mount -SOLD
Sunday, February 14, 2010 9:16 PM
any updates?

Right place, wrong time, right person, wrong situation

Sunday, February 14, 2010 9:35 PM
PMed

Monday, February 15, 2010 9:25 AM
PM's replied to.

Sway bar, upper mount and teins are still pending.

Also finished removing the turbo kit from the car. There is a little oil in a few of the cahrge pipes. Unsure if it's the turbo seals or if I should have been running some kind of pressure restrictor on the oil feed line. There is a pending sale on the reflashed ecm also, so I'm lowering the price of the kit because of those two things. I'll post it up if the ecm gets sold, but for now I'm taking any reasonable offer.

Got the slave cylinder removed from the trans and it looks like the rear seal on the trans behind the cylinder. I would still like to sell but don't really know what it's worth right now. Make me an offer.
Monday, February 15, 2010 9:33 AM
A few pics,more to come.
TTR Trans mounts

Turbo and i/c routing

RKSport intake

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 6:34 PM
How much for those Trans brackets to be shipped to Canada postal code S7L4S1 preferably using USPS as they tend to rape as little as possible for cross border items?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search