Tucson J's III - Page 64 - South Mountain Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Tucson J's III
Tuesday, August 22, 2006 7:35 PM
both of the kids like it, and it puts them to sleep. the only one that doesn't like it loud is the wife.

i've been looking at some 5 spd cavy's and fires here in town, but all i can find are 2.2 2200's, no eco's or 2.4's. i want a 02 or older cavy, a fire would work, i'll just do a front end swap. obviously, for an 02, it would have to be an ls sport. other then that, everything is going great.

do we wanna work out that photo shoot deal for sat. the 2nd coming up? maybe a bbq at a park for the kids then a cruise? head up A mountain for the pics, whaterver works.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 12:06 AM
Get the wife some ear muffs with a 2way radio in it so you can talk to her and she wont have to listen to your (soon to be gutted) exhaust!

Are you looking for a third car? Check auto trader, I found a 2004 2 door (Yellow) cavy ecotec 5spd for $4,000! I was gonna jump on that, but I have my priorities. There are LS sedans too, but you will have to look.

Next saturday will be a great time to get together!

11 bottles of nitrous and still counting on stock internals!
Dry 85 shot, and still going up...
Wednesday, August 23, 2006 7:47 AM
the rx7 is done for. there was some harness problems and it needed a rebuild. let it go for 400 as i was in need of cash. it was completely gutted at the time i sold it, so i wasn't expecting to get much more then that for it.

i'm looking for a 5 spd coupe with the engines i listed above. i could deal with a fire gt, and just do a front end swap. i just want one of those engines.....
Wednesday, August 23, 2006 9:43 AM
Wednesday, August 23, 2006 9:47 AM
All the 2.2 and 2200 cavys that I listed are 5 speed, the LS sedan and the Z24 are automatic.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 6:21 PM
ive seen some nice cavs for sale around here just in the last 3 days, freaking cheap as hell too.
man wtf is there to do around here, i finally have more money and lots of time, and are stuck home cuz i dont have a clue what to do.

but yeah we should do a Mountain cruise the big A, or up to Mt Lemon... twistie turns =

just so you all know im trying get a job here at a local car audio place, so i may be able to hook up some discounts to our music loving friends

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 10:13 PM
If I had a choice of which one of the cars I listed to buy, it would be a toss up between the 1995 teal 2door 5speed and the LS sedan.
The 95 you could do a 2.3 quad4 swap, do machince work to the engine, install the 2.4 crank and get a 2.5, H.O. cams and H.O. intake.
The LS sedan already has a quad4 but is automatic. would be smoth sailing with that engine. (Turbo)

So what cars do you have John?

Thursday, August 24, 2006 4:52 PM
mt lemmon isn't that great right now cus of all the rain. there is all kinds of dirt on it, and rocks on the sides from the slides. at about 8k feet, it goes down to one lane too. A mountain would prolly be the our best choice, plus i haven't been up there yet and want to. now we gotta figure out what we wanna do about a bbq and the time. with it being labor weekend too, that might be something to think about.

rey, do you work next friday? if not, then i think i may wanna try and do the cat then.
Thursday, August 24, 2006 8:52 PM
I work next friday but only untill 4pm. I am off the rest of the weekend after that.

Friday, August 25, 2006 5:58 AM
I'll let you guys know if I can make it to the cruise to "A". I have a feeling that the family and I will be out of town. But I'll keep you all posted.

Car Domain Update 3/06
Click on SIG

Friday, August 25, 2006 8:56 PM
rey- i got a 91 MR2 N/A

its not bad, rims,HKS exhasut and intake..
fun as hell to get loose in the rear

<3 RWD!

Saturday, August 26, 2006 12:43 PM
Isn't that car mid-engine, rear wheel?

Car Domain Update 3/06
Click on SIG

Saturday, August 26, 2006 9:33 PM
if i'm not mistaken, the engine is in the rear, and it's a real wheel drive aswell.

maybe we should wait do the mountain drive so we can get all of the j's in it.

i'm thinking about going with some msd plug wires, anyone have any other suggestions at all?
Sunday, August 27, 2006 11:54 AM
So it is misfiring? Change your plugs while you're at it. They may have cracks in 'em.

Sunday, August 27, 2006 12:52 PM
yea, going with the bosch platinum 4's for plugs
Sunday, August 27, 2006 2:18 PM
you shouldnt use platinum 4's they actually are weaker and cause less spark because
the spark is made to go in different directions , it can foul the plugs quicker and cause emission problems

it was tested by a few shops in PHX and the result is they are not a good
plug if you are into performance.

most of all it doesnt give a big enough ignite and throws left over fuel into your exhaust
fouling your Cat, i would go with something else in my opinon.

and its Mid Engine Rear wheel drive... it has a trunk behind the engine

Sunday, August 27, 2006 9:05 PM
John you are right about the plugs, they foul out more often than not. Chris I say go with stock delco's, because those are the best bang fo the buck and reliability.

FOR THE RECORD: I blew the Ferret up today...

12 bottles of nitrous and blew the head gasket!
Dry 85 shot, blew the motor finally...
Sunday, August 27, 2006 10:23 PM
blew it up for good now? whats the deal with the truck?
Sunday, August 27, 2006 10:52 PM
blew like Bin laden flew a plane into the crankshaft...

or blew like its spewing oil and air through the head gasket?

:d

Monday, August 28, 2006 10:57 AM
I think Rey is a victim of car bombing. I think nitrous is a product of arabic influence. What better way to kill Americans than tell them that a bottle of highly explosive gas makes their car go faster and makes them stupid at the same time? Seen any guys with rags around their heads lately???

Car Domain Update 3/06
Click on SIG

Monday, August 28, 2006 2:58 PM
damn, even thought Carbon Fiber is near in-exsistant, im finding cheap CF
body pieces for cars on ebay at almost give away prices..

you guys should watch ebay, i just picked up side skirts and rear diffuser for under 100$
real CF too, not the painted crap..

just a heads up.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 7:55 AM
Blew up like head gasket is gone, heats up like nothing, and the alternator is toast!

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 8:38 AM
By the way, got me a new car last night...

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 12:09 PM
BigRey (The Ferret) wrote:By the way, got me a new car last night...

you gonna enlighten us or what?
Wednesday, August 30, 2006 5:28 PM
....ummm waiting

Are you still a J-owner or not???

Car Domain Update 3/06
Click on SIG

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search