Tucson J's III - Page 65 - South Mountain Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Tucson J's III
Wednesday, August 30, 2006 9:32 PM
The Ferret is resting for now. Have to lay off the nitrous and loud beehive following him around.

Got me one of these...

12 bottles of nitrous and blew the head gasket!
Dry 85 shot, blew the motor finally...

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 9:43 PM
VERY nice man. very nice. i can't wait to pick up a s/c ss
Thursday, August 31, 2006 12:25 AM
I want to put an intake on so I can hear the supercharger and then get the stage 2 package already!

Thursday, August 31, 2006 4:30 PM
i can't wait to see it man. if oyu don't mind me asking, how much?
Thursday, August 31, 2006 9:34 PM
Too much!

Thursday, August 31, 2006 9:46 PM
too much for a cobalt?... they were practically giving those away
in Phoenix about four months ago.

Friday, September 01, 2006 8:49 PM
What is too much? 24,000?
And what is "practically giving it away?"

Friday, September 01, 2006 10:47 PM
i don't think thats too much, a little hugh maybe, but thats about it. so whats happening with the cavy now?
Saturday, September 02, 2006 11:28 AM
24 with ttl is a good price..

ive seen people buy em for alot more!

anyone gonna be out tonight?

Sunday, September 03, 2006 9:45 PM
Well, for my final analysis, the Ferret's alternator fried! The rest of the car is still intact! (Know on wood!) I think I put this alternator on like a year ago! Last year it was making a whiney skweeky noise. This time it burned!

Went out last night to show off "The Red Ferret", was hoping to see a fiew people...

Sunday, September 03, 2006 11:52 PM
the *red ferret* is great. can't wait to see the track times. the wife was complimenting on it on the way home.

maybe we can do the A mountian thing tomorrow. 5 minutes after we got up there today we had to leave caused they closed it......

Monday, September 04, 2006 12:02 AM
i was loloking for a red Cobalt, all i saw were some red Ion's
but i was out,

Monday, September 04, 2006 12:40 AM
you would've also seen a black ss sedan rolling with rey.
Tuesday, September 05, 2006 4:47 PM
Hey all.....just got back from Anaheim just this Monday. Sorry I wasn't able to go out and see you last weekend, but I felt that cruisin' LA for a weekend was something I couldn't miss. Glad to see you have a new car Rey. What happened to the Cav?

Car Domain Update 3/06
Click on SIG

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 4:53 PM
Ian, i've got some pics for a sig, but i think rey wants to say something before i post the links
Wednesday, September 06, 2006 10:19 AM

Car Domain Update 3/06
Click on SIG

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 12:54 PM
If thats the case, then "The Blue Ferret" needs to be in there...
I'm gonna miss having her in my garage, but I have to move on...

This means I've gotta update my cars...

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 4:09 PM
BigRey (The Ferret) wrote:If thats the case, then "The Blue Ferret" needs to be in there...
I'm gonna miss having her in my garage, but I have to move on...

This means I've gotta update my cars...

now i'm confused, lol
Wednesday, September 06, 2006 5:43 PM
ian, if you could still make a sig, i'd appreciate it. http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d49/mayhim/car/ there is the link fomr the pictures, just don't use any of the rc7, it's gone. and if i could, get one made with just the truck for the other forums, i'd really appreciate it. thanks in advance for whatever you can do.
Wednesday, September 06, 2006 5:45 PM
hate not having an edit button, for the truck one, the name is mayhim
Thursday, September 07, 2006 12:05 AM
Okay....who's truck is that Chris? It looks a lot like Rey's. I can definitely make a sig with some of the pics you got, but you have to be more specific. Do you want a still pic or an animated version? Now remember, if you get an animated one, it'll be small like mine to fit within the parameters of the file size that JBO will not let you exceed.

Car Domain Update 3/06
Click on SIG

Thursday, September 07, 2006 9:45 AM
still is fine. and i'm buying the truck from rey

BIKER COPS CAN BE SUCH D!CKS AT TIMES (X2)

Thursday, September 07, 2006 10:01 PM
Now that I see the pics, I kind of wish I didn't sell her. I loved her like she was my child, and I'll still remember her in the years to come.

Like an orphan, I took her in not really wanting to do anything with her but drive. And drive I did. Learning so much about a standard transmission: gear spacing, shift timing, speed shifting, power shifting..........racing.

I'm proud of her like a growing child, but there is a time in our lives when it's time to move on in life whether we like it or not. I could tell you the history before she switched hands to me. I know her date of manufacture, her Vin, her strong points, her weak points, the areas that need attention...

Indeed she is an excellent truck, beautiful at that. Transforming her into what you see today was my challenge, and I succeeded in turning and tuning a stock mundane 1996 Chevrolet S-10 extended cab truck into a head turner.

As you can tell, I miss her so. All I can do is look and see where she goes. I can only look on as a father that has to let there child grow up. I will always be worrying about her whereabouts though my withdraws of seeing her with someone else brings me to tears, imagine if she were stolen!

We had a lot of good times together, and she never let me down. I made her look great, but lost focus on the things that mattered most.

I feel that I have failed to do the things to her that I instead did to the "Blue Ferret" witch has turned out to be faster than most young street racers out here. My focus turned to the "Blue Ferret" only because I was tired of certain things that the truck could not deliver. (No pun intended) Anyways, I feel like I failed as a father to my child, but that's just the way I feel.

Chris, I hope that you take very good care of my child, my pride and joy. Build her up, make her strong once again, and then give her an adrenaline rush. Just don't show her off too much, the chicks WILL be looking! So will everyone else.

Sorry for the story, my dog died and I'm very sad, and seeing the truck makes me sadder.

Thursday, September 07, 2006 10:46 PM
i finally saw my old car lol... it is driven by a highschool kid at my old highschool.. but some one raised it back to stock and took the ground effects off

id hate to know how much of my suspension was f'd up by the new owner
i had spent about a G on that suspension.. oh well least the hood isnt destroyed..
that was my favorite part

Friday, September 08, 2006 7:00 AM
Yeah, at least the hood is still there!

Wel for anyone that wants to know, Me and my other Cobalt friends are gonna go to Mt. Lemmon on saturday the 16th. We will be going at 10:00am, head up the mountain, spend the day in skii valley, then head down. Plus it's my 24th b-day, and were having a gathering at my house. So all are invited, let me know if you wanna come.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search