Tucson J's III - Page 66 - South Mountain Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Tucson J's III
Saturday, September 09, 2006 12:58 AM
That eulogy you just wrote up there Rey....it sounds like it should be written into a song. More to the point a country song.

"My truck has left me......
.....my dog died" etc.

Yeah I too have seen my ghosts for vehicles. I saw my 96 Fire at a nearby Denny's owned by one of the cooks there. I've also seen the 03 Silver Fire (only owned for 2 months before it met it's end in an offset head-on) on the way to PHX on a wrecker truck. To tell you the truth, I haven't looked back on all my past vehicles. I'm also looking into a new vehicle, but it looks like it's just that...looking.

Anyway good to see that there's still some life in this forum.

Car Domain Update 3/06
Click on SIG

Saturday, September 09, 2006 1:22 PM
anyone gonna be out on the street tonight?

Saturday, September 09, 2006 5:32 PM
I will be at SIR tonight to see what the Red Ferret can do!

Ian, it is only because it was my first attachment. I willingly gave her up as I finally realized she could be duplicated. And I probably will later on in life, if the body kit is still available in the future.

Killed the alternator! (correction for the record)
12 bottles of nitrous and a Dry 85 shot.
Sunday, September 10, 2006 9:40 PM
what were the times? i had to run to walmart last night and as we were leaving and waiting for the light to turn so we could go onto speedway, there was another truck that i didn't realise was there. i was on the inside. going thru the turn i took it easy then gunned it, the other guy was on it hard. i caught him and went on to 60 as i passed him then let off. it was a silverado 1500. he asked if it was the v6 and when i told him no, he didn't believe me, lmfao. said it's just got bolt ones and a header back exhaust. and he said that was what he had. oh well, theres my first kill in the truck
Monday, September 11, 2006 5:35 PM
Friggin' Chris! What are you doing!? You know she needs a rebuild!

I got a 15.3 @ 93mph in the Red Ferret. I found out that wheel hop is very present in the Delta platform even if it has an LSJ motor! Oh well, They make motor and tranny mounts for them already! plans for it are the GM stage 2, intake, header and 3" downpipe! I want more speed, but would like to keep the modding as light as possible!

As for the Blue Ferret, a healthy dose of turbo is still in the plans for later and some other preventive modifications!

Monday, September 11, 2006 8:31 PM
not too shabby. what were the 60ft marks?

and yes, i know. the rebuild will be done at the beginning of the year, with forged internals, with plans for a little something else that i already got permission for......
Tuesday, September 12, 2006 8:44 PM
My 60ft's varied from 2.4 to 2.6 and either I wheel hop'd or spunt the clutch. could not leave the line hard enough to make the claimed 14.7 or 14.8 they are supposed to do at our altitude. Mile Per Hour is right there for a high 14 second pass. I need an engine torque damper and tranny mounts to stop this wheel hop garbage!

I saw a vid of a canadian SS/SC doing a 15.9 at 92mph almost stock save for the intake! They have high altitude problems!

I always use to get that with the truck.
"Is that a V6?"
"No!"

"Do you have the V6 or a V8 convertion?"
"Neither, it's a 4 cylinder."

Just remember, you will also need to do the tentioner on the truck. There is an updated mar that you can get form GM to increase the oiling to the tentioner so it doesn't sound like a diesel after the tentioner fails.

And Chris, check your P.M.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 8:50 PM
pm checked and replied to.
Wednesday, September 13, 2006 9:49 PM
Just checked out the new G5 GT at Don Mackey's. Hell of a ride especially with a Solstice engine. Thinking of getting it for my wife in a couple months when they get a manual version of it. At least that's what the dealer told me, but they've been wrong before.

Car Domain Update 3/06
Click on SIG

Sunday, September 17, 2006 10:31 PM
G5's are some funky looking Cobalts!

Monday, September 18, 2006 11:14 AM
Yeah.....but instead of a supercharged 2.0L Ecotec it has a Solstice engine 2.4L VVT Ecotec. Looks pretty much the same though. I don't know about the interior. Never seen the interior of the Cobalt.

Car Domain Update 3/06
Click on SIG

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 8:25 PM
just to let you guys know, on sat nights, a group of us meets up at the Broadway and Plumber Sonic
just to hang out for a little bit, and then figure out what there is to do... quite a different array of cars show up
a few cav's as well...

your invited.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 8:58 PM
None of those cavy's will put as much hype as mine has been giving out! Especially when they all think I run 12's! Not true though, I had to prove that I cannot run SRT4's because of their power over me, even a near stock one with an intake, boost control and blow-off valve. How many times have you gone to sonic John? Because I haven't seen you there. Maybe the times that I have gone I just missed you? I was there about two weeks ago to see what was up, and all there was was a bunch of kids, old guys and their hot rods, and some bikes. That was some time ago...

Ian, I'm sure the G5 will be nice. GM is already going to stop production of most, if not all production on front wheel drive cars. I think the G5 is getting a 2 or 3 year production line before they halt all frint drive products. They want to return to the real American way where even the econobox is rear drive. GM also stated that their one mistake about the Cobalt, or Delta platform for that matter, was that it is front drive and not rear drive. I think so too!

Thursday, September 21, 2006 8:46 PM
eh ive been there the last three saturdays, but leave before 10
mostly becuase the ricers who up and i get tired of saying "nO" to
all the kids that want race my slow ass car as of now.

i dont get it, everytime i have a fast car, no one wants to race, when its slow
everyone and thier kid brother want to race.

stupid teenagers!

Thursday, September 21, 2006 11:12 PM
Because they know they can beat you, or at least they think they can! That's exactly what they thought when I installed nitrous on the cavy; a lot of kids thought that it is a slow peice of car! Yet they were supprized to see me stompin' them!

John, this is what happens when you get old, you say, "Dang kids!" "Turn that racket down!" "Baaaaaa!!" < I can tell I'm getting old because I say "Digety" more often than not! I act older beyond my years, but still maintain a mature and positive attitude!

Friggin' Kids! Baaaaaa!

Friday, September 22, 2006 6:23 AM
whats up everyone-- hey rey, congrats on the new car it looks great!! i can just imagine the amount of fun you are going to have with this one. also just wanted to re-post that i have my 17's for sale if you guys know of anyone that might be interested just shoot me an email and i can send pics. also have my stero for sale 2 10's, amp and cap, if anyone might be interested. just shoot me an email--
Friday, September 22, 2006 11:35 AM
Uh huh

Car Domain Update 3/06
Click on SIG

Saturday, September 23, 2006 1:49 AM
BigRey (The Ferret) wrote:Because they know they can beat you, or at least they think they can! That's exactly what they thought when I installed nitrous on the cavy; a lot of kids thought that it is a slow peice of car! Yet they were supprized to see me stompin' them!

John, this is what happens when you get old, you say, "Dang kids!" "Turn that racket down!" "Baaaaaa!!" < I can tell I'm getting old because I say "Digety" more often than not! I act older beyond my years, but still maintain a mature and positive attitude!

Friggin' Kids! Baaaaaa!

yeah i catch myself saying dang nabbit occasionally, then put my shotgun down and pick the beer back up

Sunday, September 24, 2006 1:52 PM
You guys aren't that old and those kids don't know $h!t. They buy those cars from somebody like us who built it for them. It's our sweat, blood & tears and the younger generation don't know how they got the HP they got in their cars.

Car Domain Update 3/06
Click on SIG

Sunday, September 24, 2006 3:38 PM
our cars have hp? :O

Monday, September 25, 2006 7:31 AM
Ian, I think it's more of a maturity level, we are beyond that high school age where girlfriends and name brand shoes are not my cup of tea for an argument. I agree with you, for example:

This Kid bought a 1988 or so Toyota Supra (Third gen body style) and goes out to speedway racing and generally thinking that he can race and beat anything out there. This car sold for $7,500, and has the ability to run low 14's high 13's. The previous owner (stuck-up A-hole for that matter, and generally a kid too) When I saw this idiot, he nearly sideswiped my friend, sped past the Chicago Bar which could have proved disasterous if there where pedestrians! (Where Omar crashed erlier this year, and were some other people were not so fortunate for crossing the street) I just feel that he's going to either kill someone, wreck, or worse.

Bottom line, I have no real respect for those that buy a fast car opposed to the person that has a slower car factory, modifys the hell out of it, and is either keeping up to or beating that factory fast car.

The Cobalt is nice, it is just a bit slower than the Cavy, but wont be for too long.

And yes John, our cars have hp! I have now gotten the Blue Ferret to run a 14.972 @ 93.60mph! I used an entire bottle out there! Man, the bottle went faster than I last remember!

Monday, September 25, 2006 9:44 PM
I'm comparing stock compact cars to modified compact cars anyway. I don't mean that we have lots of HP....but what is done to modified cars does give it more advantages than stock cars or there wouldn't be any money made from it. You can crack jokes about it, but look at the results of many modified cars when compared to stock. Even factory modified vehicles are still modified, anyway you look at it. Anyway.....just food for thought.

Car Domain Update 3/06
Click on SIG

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 3:16 PM
dont worry Rey, i have top secret plans in the works, once the plans are done, then me and you can race.. and it shall be a fair'r fight!

Monday, October 02, 2006 3:22 PM
what up j-bod and non j-bod owners. My names Mike and just recently decided to throw an add up on the org. I am trying to get a weekly meet with my other car club going in Tucson. We meet on Saturday nights at 9 pm. at the Sonic on Broadway and Plumber. I am the owner of a 2003 base model Cavalier and really wanna get to know other j bod and car enthusiasts in general. Anyone interested in meeting up with us on Saturdays, please feel free to call me on my cell phone 1-(570)-460-6211 and i can try to give directions to the meet or so. there are also a lot of muscle car guys that show up over there so all types of cars are allowed to show up. so I'm really looking forward to meeting some other people and hanging out.

~1 Mike

2003 LS SPORT: suspension and brake upgrades for now...motor and boost coming son

2008 Cobalt SS/TC: the fast car
Tuesday, October 03, 2006 12:15 AM
John, I don't know what you mean! A fair race? hows about a Pinks style race. Best out of three or five! Oh, and negotiations too! But that's cool, I have work today for the cavy! The Ferret will be ready for this weekend and it will raise a lot of commotion! My shot of nitrous will most likely be reduced for safety purposes.
Mike, you probably saw me, I was in a red Cobalt SS/SC, but like I stated, I will be in the Cavalier this weekend.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search