Ecotec engine builder - South Mountain Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ecotec engine builder
Wednesday, September 27, 2006 10:27 AM
Hey guys, I am looking for someone in Colorado who can build my 2.2 Ecotec. I have the Hahn 20g stage 2 kit and want to run around 400 - 500 hp. Any suggestions would be great. Also need someone in the area who is familiar with HP tuners and can install and Dyno-tune my car when complete. Thanks.

Re: Ecotec engine builder
Wednesday, September 27, 2006 6:35 PM
@ 400-500 hp

*************Yea i spell liek wrong get over it*****************
** If i write in caps its cause im @ work and i can only write in caps cause the keyboard is a retarded CAPS only keyboard.**
Thursday, September 28, 2006 8:42 AM
Give kevin a call at Speedmafia. He does alot of stuff on the saturns with the eco. Pretty sure he can help you out. 720-210-7740. Tell him you got the number from me. Matt with the black cavalier.

Thursday, September 28, 2006 12:29 PM
It can be done Snowman. You just have no faith and no imagination.

Gary Gardella

Marty Ladwig

Bryan Jimenez

Ron Lummus

Source: NHRA Sport Compact Site

Car Domain Update 3/06
Click on SIG

Thursday, September 28, 2006 6:31 PM
holy @!#$ batman.............those are real race cars w/ professional backers...........oh man.......you cant drive those on the street

geeeeee willlacers

i wish i had an imagination.......

douche bag

A street driven car with that power is few and far between, and with DEEP pockets you can. But everyone and there brother wants 400-500 hp but realistically you are gonna hit 300-350. And not much more.

** If i write in caps its cause im @ work and i can only write in caps cause the keyboard is a retarded CAPS only keyboard.**
Thursday, September 28, 2006 10:39 PM
If you think about it. Wasp didn't say anything about professional backers or having a car that is street-legal. He just wanted to build his Ecotec to do 400 - 500 HP and nothing more. It's still possible for anybody to get backed and it's definitely possible to build the Ecotec to do that kind of HP.

Car Domain Update 3/06
Click on SIG

Friday, September 29, 2006 8:43 AM
Thanks for the support guys, you can tell who has done the research and who should keep their mouths shut when they don't know anything. I will get ahold of Kevin, thanks Matt. Anyone here who has read the GM Ecotec build book knows that 400-500hp is not as hard to get to as you think. You just have to know what your doing and do the build right the first time. Before anyone else opens there mouths remember, think before you leap. I have been researching and have been talking to Hahn so yes I do know what I'm getting into, just need someone who knows how to build engines. I do have a few dollars here and there that I worked for, so no trust fund baby here. I just have a vision and imagination, something a few people here seem to lack. Thanks again to all the REAL J-body supporters.

Friday, September 29, 2006 11:28 AM
Good luck with your build Chris. I hope you find everything you need to build your Ecotec and the right people to help you put it all together.

Car Domain Update 3/06
Click on SIG

Friday, September 29, 2006 4:00 PM
Good luck man. Let me know if you need anything else.

Friday, September 29, 2006 10:19 PM
more power to you..........

I cant wait for the post

" i spent all this money and i can only put down xxx hp and xxx tq..............what a waste of money.

blah blah blah

Sunday, October 01, 2006 3:59 PM
Snowman.....go drive a Honda. You don't deserve to drive a J-Body. One of this site's purpose is to look for help and to encourage others with the same type of car or engine. The Ecotec build book says you can get the HP and TQ that wasp96 looking for. You're just jealous that you can't get your twin cam Sunfire to those specs. Either that or you just spent your money without research. Whatever your reason or excuse (probably the latter), you have no right to discourage the author of this thread if you're in a J Body enthusiast site.

Car Domain Update 3/06
Click on SIG

Sunday, October 01, 2006 7:00 PM
Last time i checked, i have done lots of research for myself and others.(And i didnt pay 1/2 of what you spent on your car)

I do believe i figured out the wiring part of the gm reflash for turbo ecotecs
i do believe i was the first the figure it out and post the wiring diagram
I do believe me and Brandoson figured out the saab turbo setup(and what is needed to install it on the ecotec)
i do believe im the only one who figured out how to use the aluminum saab intake manifold

I dont belive i have an 2.4 Twin Cam, ya last time i looked(right out the window) I have a ecotec, and its turbo, and its built, and it was researched.
Believe me it was well researched, baer brakes front and back, tein coilovers, 18'wheels, Ecotec swap w/ saab turbo, with injecotrs, upgraded fuel pump, afpr , intercooled,roll cage, ect ect ect

It wasnt half a55ed w apc tail lights and guages and think its a mighty beast to be reconned with causae its getting a "free" paint job from carsponserships.com or whatever it was

My advice was dont spend the money, its not really worth it, if its your daily driver. If its a project car go for it. My car is not a race car, its a car thats fun to drive and thats all it was intended to be. 400-500 hp is achievable but in an unstreetable car, and all teh upgrades to get it to be safe isnt worth it. You are better off buying a car with all that money that has all the power you need. But as with any car, as soon as you start modifying a car, any car. You will have problems and you will get tired of it.

But it is entirely up to you. I just gave my opinion.

SO just settle down solarfire power

Sunday, October 01, 2006 9:09 PM
Look....the only reason I'm so fired up is because there are so many JBody owners knocking each other down about what they can and can't do with their cars. If wasp96 has the money to spend on making his Ecotec 400-500HP then there's no need to tell him otherwise if it is possible. Whether it's a daily driver or not it was not specified. All he said is he wants to get to that goal. As for your car being an Ecotec....well....that's not what your registry says.

I really don't have anything against you Snowman other than you knocking another J owner. That's the last thing we need around here is another person J owner knocking another. God knows we already have people who drive other cars that tell us that we can't compete with their cars when we are just capable of just about anything....including exceeding their's.

Car Domain Update 3/06
Click on SIG

Monday, October 02, 2006 7:07 AM
Hey wasp. Just talked to kevin his number changed. Its 303-517-8969 now.

Monday, October 02, 2006 9:46 AM
Thanks Matt for the update on the phone number, I have talked to him before about doing a supercharger but I don't think I could have got the numbers I was looking for with that set-up. He is a cool guy so I hope he can help me out. Thanks for backing me up Solarfire. Snowman if you would just word things a little different it would not have got everyone so fired up, I appreciate you trying to warn me about spending too much and not getting what I want but I have been researching since I ordered the car in 02. I have spoken with several guys that have been involved with ecotec builds for GM, its just a few more dollars that I don't have to spend to have them do it. Plus with so many ecotecs running on the strips with GM backing them it wouldn't get done in a timely matter. I will keep everyone updated on the build when it begins, it is a little ways out right now since i'm buying a house first. Thanks again guys.

Monday, October 16, 2006 2:15 PM
are you looking for someone to drop the block of and do a short block rebuild or we talking full on race and head work...etc!

and yes hptuners is fun to tune with used it allot on the F-body guys!
Friday, October 27, 2006 4:32 PM
Hey Kevin, looking to drop it off and do a short block rebuild and head work, and everything involved with that including bigger fuel lines, higher flow in-tank pump, higher in-line pump, and larger injectors. I know you have been wanting to play with my car and we will within the next few months. I will keep you updated I have just been slammed at work lately.

Friday, November 03, 2006 10:43 PM
im gonna go out on a limb and say, good luck with the build, i hope you suceed

But...

you might wanna buy 3 more blocks, because a 500hp ecotec wont be anything reliable.
each one of those drag cars... is rebuilt after every race..
ill give you props if you can make over 350, and thats just pushing it in my eyes.

and to back snowman a little, the guys who built those cars are engineers who built up from scratch parts
and such, engineering is far more advanced the engine rebuilding... reading a calculator is easy. re-engineering parts is a wholenother story.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search