HPT anyone (Tucson) - South Mountain Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HPT anyone (Tucson)
Wednesday, April 18, 2007 3:13 AM
As the topic states...^

Does anyone in tucson have one to help me get more power out of my car. I plan on doing some major internals and head work and the HPT would help greatly. Thanks in advance!

now DIE!

Re: HPT anyone (Tucson)
Wednesday, April 18, 2007 5:58 PM
Hey man you got help. Im always down to do some work on a J plus I got the "Authentic Technical Service Information" service manual. Its for the 2002 but it mite be some help.

CarAudioKing
Thursday, April 19, 2007 1:50 AM
Cool man. I appreicate it. Any help would be awsome!
Ill do the same for you when you wanna turbo out you ride or do any other upgrading to it. Just let me know!

ohh and let me know about that poly mount. I still got it for you here.

now DIE!
Thursday, April 19, 2007 9:31 AM
Ohh ya, I got my header yesterday so when ever we can, get that exhaust done that would be great.
I think Im going to try to put on the header tonight when i get off work so once that gets done I be ready to go,

CarAudioKing
Friday, April 20, 2007 10:46 AM
I would like to get it but i hear you can olny tune 6 cars with it or somthing like that? WTF is that about? I would go in on a buy but i would olny do it if we had someone who really knew what they were doing with the tune.

Friday, April 20, 2007 2:31 PM
*STREAKER*
I agree. Yeah I dont get that mess either. Its like 6-8 cars pending which HPT you bought. Id go in on a group buy within everyone nearby so that we all can benifit from it. (id be like 100 a person, not bad) But Id rather have someone who's had experience from it. Well, Hopefully someone around here knows. Or if you feel like you can do it (or confident in doing it), Im pretty sure we all can pitch in on it.

*Caraudioking*
Ill talk to my friend at exhaust works and see what he can do for you. Ill keep in touch.

now DIE!
Friday, April 20, 2007 8:59 PM
streaker...
basically the hp tuners allows for 6 tunes before purchasing more credits to do more....

Gary....
if i had my welder and pipe bender it would be easy for me to do it for u...but yeah...i need to go get mine redone as well...i'm thinking about going soon since i need a high flow cat and everything i'n gonna order it prob this weekend....get it done next week....i'm tired of just letting everything build up...i need to just get everything done soon....lol

2003 LS SPORT: suspension and brake upgrades for now...motor and boost coming son

2008 Cobalt SS/TC: the fast car
Friday, April 20, 2007 9:33 PM
All Flawless....
Im down to to put down a 100 bucks to get that HPT, but we mite need more tunes. yes?
And when you see what up with the exhaust give me a call, and I got the whole thing off, in almost 1 peace,

Mike...
If you are going to get your exhaust done talk to paul he'll get you a good deal.

CarAudioKing
Saturday, April 21, 2007 3:23 AM
Caraudioking,
I got you man. Talk to him today and he said its cool, but our problem now is making arrangments for it (emissions time and people are going crazy). But he said he'll still make you the same deal I got if not better cause your setup is more simple. I gotta call him up monday on it so Ill keep in touch.

STREAKER,
3 people are good for the HPT. Willing to try it out? Is there anyone else who wants to try this out (looking at $100 per)?

Mike Asher,
If you need an exhaust setup done for your ride, let me know and Ill make arrnagments for you too.
But hell, if you got all the tools to make an exhaust, you'd probably help us all out with FREE *hint, hint*, lol
Let me know...!

now DIE!
Monday, April 23, 2007 9:10 AM
Yeah ive got 100 bucks but who keeps the unit after its all done i would be willing to pay 150-200 to keep it.

Monday, April 23, 2007 2:07 PM
Doesnt sounds like a problem to me. Just as long as you dont mind sharing the unit if we need it again...!
You know, Sharing is Caring! lol j/k

now DIE!

Monday, April 23, 2007 3:18 PM
That would be fine but I was reading the web site and im not really sure if i want to right now. I dont know anyone who could help me with this. See how many you can get for sure and let me know and I will give you a final answer.

Monday, April 23, 2007 10:59 PM
*STREAKER*
Ill do the searching asap! I can likely get more people in on this come the next meet.

Ill keep in touch.

*Caraudioking*
I spoke to Will (the guy whos doing the exhaust). He said your good anytime next week but has a few questions...
1) Are you supplying the muffler
2) If not, which one would you like
3) What size ID you need
4) Are you supplying a tip
5) Are you supplying a resonator

now DIE!
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 9:07 AM
*pokes at everyone*

ya'll better be at the meet next week!!! its not the same without everyone there.

Flawless Pm me..i'm sure you'd be interested in hearing the drama that went down sat. night it included myself, gary, and Mike.

05 Mazda RX-8
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 7:01 PM
All Flawless:

OK..
1) I have a muffler its a APC 2.5 inlet and a 4" Tip
2)The header I got is a OBX with a 2.25 down pipe.
3) What size ID you need? What is an ID?
4) Are you supplying a tip? Just the muffler.
5) Are you supplying a resonator? I have the one on the stock exaust. but i dont think I want it on. or should I?
So should I just drive down here Monday with eveything I got and talk to will?

CarAudioKing
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 4:44 AM
no, No ,NO...

This is a side job he's doing. No one else in there knows he's doing this for us. But if you plan on making a trip, Make sure you tell him I sent you and,
for the love of GOD, make sure you go when its almost closing time (around 4:50pm). Thats when he'll do it, but he needs to make sure the managers
gone. He said about $60 for the custom, mandrel bent pipe and $20 per add on (muffler, tip, resonator, etc)

He needs to know the ID (-inside diameter- of the pipe) and what size to run it bigger or smaller to. In this case...
2.25 to the cat to a 2.5 pipe to a 2.5 muffler with a 4'outlet.

so about $100 soild give or take! Let me know and Ill tell him when you'll be coming thru so he'll be ready for ya.

BTW
Jen told me about the BS. Good looking out for one another. Ill be there on the next go!

now DIE!
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 9:26 AM
ok I understand, the only time i can do anything is when my manager gone.

so the down pipe is 2.25 and the muffler is 2.5 with 4" outlet but i dont have a cat, just the stock one. can we do just straight pipe to the muffler?
and just let me know when I can go down there. cool

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 5:19 PM
*CarAudioKing*
Ive already spoke to you about the exhaust work. We'll make arrangments this Mon.

*STREAKER*
I might have another J, and a Balt in the mix. I dont know if we can HPT a Balt with the same scanner, but they are very interested

*All J's in Tucson*
Any Exhaust work you need, I got you. Just announce yourself, and Ill see what can be done. I wont let you down.

now DIE!
Saturday, April 28, 2007 4:18 PM
I need an exhaust but i think i can get it done for $150 if you can get me a full catback exhaust deal Flawless for way cheaper (and it's professional looking and perfect) let me know!

05 Mazda RX-8
Saturday, April 28, 2007 10:13 PM
Ohhhh hell yes I can. Ask CarAudioKing. Come monday, Im getting him a full cat back exhaust for $70. Mandrel bent, MIG/TIG weilded, etc. I wont let you down. Ill let you know.

now DIE!
Saturday, May 12, 2007 2:10 AM
STREAKER...!

We got a few people out here who's willing to go in on this! You still willing to go about it?

now DIE!

Saturday, May 12, 2007 1:55 PM
i need money

05 Mazda RX-8
Tuesday, May 15, 2007 10:49 AM
yeah i think i can do it when are we talking? How much do i need? I want the equip when were done so how much will it be? Also make sure we can tune all the cars we want to with the credits we get.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 11:43 AM
Ok for sure me and paul thats 200 Im not sure about mike but more than likely and dont count on jenn so thats 300. And if you "streaker" wants to keep it i think you should put out 200 but if we can get more people that will go down. Is that cool? But the more people the more tunes we need and there 50 bucks a piece. And i think we need to find some one who has used it before because im a little weary about F-ing with a computer but if streaker really thinks he can do this Im in. But im not going to be the guinea-pig. lol

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 12:55 PM
I cant do it! thats why i want the software so i can take it to my friends in phoenix and have them do it. I wouldnt know where to begin with something like that.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search