FS: 2.2/2200 turbo kit - South Mountain Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
FS: 2.2/2200 turbo kit
Thursday, August 09, 2007 8:43 PM
here's what i have for sale.

For sale is a 2.2/2200 turbo kit. It includes, turbo, wastegate, BOV, oil feed line, oil return tube, short charge tube, 4psi spring, 8psi spring, turbo manifold, down pipe, all fitting needed to hook up oil.

manifold needs very little work to fit perfectly. the 2 pipes that go to the wastegate hit the alternator bracket. move them forward 1/4" and its perfect.

I also have a turbo timer that is a little scratched up, but will sell as well. add 20.00 to the price if you want it. I paid about 80.00.

this kit does NOT come w/ IC or charge tubes for an IC kit! you can find those cheap on ebay. You can run this on your car w/o the IC, but would suggest getting one anyway.

price is negotiable. if interested let me know. also if you want pics, let me know.

if you have any questions, let me know.

Re: FS: 2.2/2200 turbo kit
Sunday, August 12, 2007 12:44 AM
What is the price you are asking for it?

Sunday, August 12, 2007 10:13 PM
600.00+shipping OBO add 20.00 to the price if you want the turbo timer.
Monday, September 03, 2007 9:25 PM
Can you get some pics of the kit?
Thursday, September 06, 2007 10:42 AM
sorry for the delay. I will have pics up by the weekend.
Thursday, September 06, 2007 11:15 AM
Is it a custom kit? Or was it made by a company
Thursday, September 06, 2007 10:05 PM
it was originally made by Cavalier connection, but has since had a new and better manifold built for it. still needs to have a small change to the manifold for it to fit just right and shouldn't be a big deal to make that modification.
Friday, September 07, 2007 11:26 PM
What was wrong with the cavalier connection mani?

Is this the kit that put out 180hp at 4psi?
Sunday, September 09, 2007 8:31 PM
the cavcon kit had fitting issue's fitting the mani to the wastegate and wastegate to the downpipe. there needs to be one small change done to this kit concerning the wastegate. the pipe needs to be moved forward(to the front of the vehicle) maybe 1/8-1/4in and moved towards the drivers side about the same distance. here are the pics. I also forgot that i have an A pillar pod and FAZE vacuum/boost gauge that goes w/ it. the hauge goes up to 30psi. here are the pics...

I also have some a8" wheels for sale. if you want pics let me know.
Sunday, September 09, 2007 10:53 PM
sorry for the crap pics. my camera sucks.

and the last statement from above is i have a set of 18" wheels for sale.

the charge tube has tape on it to seal the ait sensor bung.

you can get a theaded ait sensor from a camaro i believe and screw it in.
Monday, September 10, 2007 10:45 AM
Is that all that there is to the kit? How hard was the install and how much hp did it put out?

Monday, September 10, 2007 4:06 PM
yes that is all that comes with the kit. the install is pretty easy. not sure on the power. I never got it to a dyno. you can deff. feel the new power that's there. i only i had the 4psi spring in it. w/ the 8psi spring it should REALLY be a kick in the pants, but i would add fuel and an intercooler before doing the 8psi just to be on the safe side. people have run 8psi with no fuel or IC and had few if any problems.
Monday, September 10, 2007 10:23 PM
Damn I wish I had the money...

Monday, September 10, 2007 10:39 PM
bluejbody97 wrote:yes that is all that comes with the kit. the install is pretty easy. not sure on the power. I never got it to a dyno. you can deff. feel the new power that's there. i only i had the 4psi spring in it. w/ the 8psi spring it should REALLY be a kick in the pants, but i would add fuel and an intercooler before doing the 8psi just to be on the safe side. people have run 8psi with no fuel or IC and had few if any problems.

Is there any installation instructions?
Monday, September 10, 2007 10:46 PM
the kit never came with instructions, but i could help you with any questions. i could even do a write up for you. of course its been so long since i've done it that i don't know all the sizes of tools you would need.

if you have mostly a basic set of tools you should be fine.
Monday, September 10, 2007 10:48 PM
Tools aren't a problem. Neither is custom welding in my case

Why did you uninstall from your car?
Monday, September 10, 2007 11:18 PM
How much to ship to 37840??

Hi kids, do you like 5 inch exhaust tips?,
Wanna see me stick chrome fender flares over each one of my Konigs? Wanna
follow me and do exactly as I did? Try NAWS and get your motor F***** up
worse then my life is? My brain's dead weight, I'm trying to get my head
straight, but I an't figure out which sticker to put over my license plate.
And the mechanic says "Rice Burner you's a crack head "Nu-uh" "Then why's
your car dead man its wasted " Well since age 9 I've wanted an SI so I could
put chrome 18's on it and make it run 16.9's. Got pissed off and ripped all
my honda emblems off, And replaced them with "R" badges so people know Im
not soft. I smoke a big bowl of chron, and lay in my lawn, for longer then
it took me to put my altezzas on. "Come here bastard" "Dude , wait a minute
thats a Viper dawg!!" I don't give a F***, i'll just fly by and put my
hazards on!
QweeWee
Tuesday, September 11, 2007 10:42 AM
i took it off the car b/c the manifold i had(cavcon manifold) cracked liked crazy. I had someone build me a new manifold and i put it on after i blew my motor doing a 3-2 shift at 85mph. it would've worked great but come to find out my front 02 sensor was crimped and wasn't giving the right amount of fuel needed.(found this out after i sold the car to a guy i know)

the new manifold was built w/o the vehicle being present that is why it has small issues. Again easy fixes.

for anyone that buys this kit...

I had the down pipe made with a ball joint tyoe flange so it would mate up to my Pace Setter exaust. I can get you that piece too, will just be a little bit more.

Qweewee: I will get you a quote this week.
Sunday, September 16, 2007 10:38 PM
sale pending, waiting for payment from JsUn.

if he doesn't buy it QweeWee is next in line.
Sunday, September 16, 2007 11:24 PM
He I am going to have to pass. I have been talked out of buying it. I am just going to save up the money for a new kit. And right now it is not something I can afford.
Monday, September 17, 2007 10:33 AM
QweeWee...you have a message!

nice way to make a deal and back out on the day before your supposed to pay for it JsUn...

Monday, September 17, 2007 11:05 AM
I don't recall making a deal. I only recall a little bit of discussion on the the parts, shipping and payment. I said I was interested and I would let you know on Monday if I was able to afford it and if I was going to go through with the purchase
Monday, September 17, 2007 11:42 AM
"I get paid on monday. I will contact you then, does that sound reasonable?"

sounds like a deal to me...

saying you get paid on monday is basically saying you are going to buy the kit, but you have to wait until you get paid...
Monday, September 17, 2007 4:45 PM
Well sorry I meant it in the sense that I had to wait and see what things look like. Honestly I was interested in the kit. I feel bad for wasting a little bit of your time but now that I think of it I need the money more then anything right now.
Monday, September 17, 2007 5:32 PM
i understand. sucks, but oh well.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search