Albuquerque - South Mountain Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Albuquerque
Monday, December 03, 2007 11:13 AM
I was wondering if there are other J-bodies in my area that are actually fast. I have seen quite a few Js that have show items. Wondering if there were any out there with some go? No this is not a call out.

Darryn

2004 Cavalier coupe, 5 speed, White
GO
Hahn Stage 2, Eagle rods, Wiseco 8.9, SS Valves, Dual valve springs, valve job, Ti seats and retainers
spec stage 3, Fidanza 7.5lb flywheel, Short Shifter
Slotted and dimpled rotors, EBC green stuff
SHOW
VIS EVO CF hood, KOBE KAM 5 17", Nexxen N3000, Ebay Black tails and filler, 5% tint
Gold line springs, Tokiko D-spec struts
ELECTRONICS
Kenwood in-dash DVD and Navigation, single Kicker CompVR
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2974835

Re: Albuquerque
Wednesday, December 19, 2007 1:39 PM
*singing*
All by my self. Don't to be all by my self...

GO
Hahn Stage 2, Eagle rods, Wiseco 8.9, SS Valves, Dual valve springs, valve job, Ti seats and retainers
SHOW
VIS EVO CF hood, KOBE KAM 5 17", Nexxen N3000, Ebay Black tails and filler, 5% tint
ELECTRONICS
Friday, December 21, 2007 5:09 PM
right here body.

-fully built motor turbo charge. and nos.

are u turboed or just N/A
Friday, December 21, 2007 11:35 PM
I am turboed. Its all in my sig. When I get home from the desert I will look you back up. I am always looking to hang with other j's

Darryn.

GO
SHOW
ELECTRONICS
Friday, December 21, 2007 11:41 PM
Ben,

By the way I have HPTuners. I am out of credits though. So you would need to give me a 100.00 for the credits but I would be happy to raise your limiters and stuff. If you have a wide band then I guess we could try to tune it. I am far from an expert though. I get back the end of FEB.

Later

Darryn.

GO
SHOW
ELECTRONICS
Tuesday, January 01, 2008 2:18 PM
Darryn.

that would be nice. my car right now is at the shop.
-should be also out around early feb.
-i have seen 1 white cavalier turbo.
-dont know if is you tho.
-mine is red and i dont really post a lot in this forum i forget about it sometimes.

-it would be nice to hang out with another "J" and kick some import A$$.....

-would be kool to stay in touch and hang out some time but like i said my car is getting finished.

--eagle rods, 9-1 weisco, -port & polished, -3 valeve angle job - sleved block - b&m Short shifter, ACT CLUTCH, - etc. and a NX system with a min of 50 shot just in case (rarely used))
Tuesday, January 01, 2008 11:17 PM
Yeah that turbo cavi is most likely me. I am the only one in ABQ that I know of.
Who is working on your car for you? Are they going to tune it? Are they using HP Tuners?

I am down to hang out when ever. I will be honest with you though. I tend to not street race. So we could kick import butt at the track. However the imports at the track are usually pretty quick.

Later
Darryn

GO
SHOW
ELECTRONICS
Friday, January 04, 2008 1:26 PM
well thats kool , im pretty sure that there is someone else out there with turbo. i hurd of another guy in espanola, but long time ago.

-me and some friends but i honestly dont have enough time to finish it and or my friends so im thinking of taking it to Solidtech, with sean.

-and i want hp tuners. dont have it yet tho.

-and well i do likt to stree race, but i also dig the track.

-where u get yours done?-
Saturday, January 05, 2008 12:47 AM
I got mine done at Solid by Sean. Sean has HP Tuners as well. He is who tuned mine for me. So I have a great tune.

I will be honest with you. Sean does great work, however expect to not have a car for a very long time. He had mine for 3 months. So I wasn't very happy with that.

If you are just rebuilding the engine and going to tune it yourself I would suggest budlong. They do great work. You would be saving money too. Pull the engine yourself and drop it off with all the parts. They will have it back to you in about 2 weeks.

Darryn

GO
SHOW
ELECTRONICS
Monday, January 07, 2008 4:45 PM
i htought so.
-i have hurd and seen that with him/
-believe i have thought about it. but not a lot of options in abq. u know.

-well as long as i get this car done before summer.

-maybe we should start looking for some other J's in abq in the mean time and so we can have a little group by summer .

=
Monday, January 07, 2008 7:52 PM
Well which ever you decide it will turn out well I am sure. Yeah I wish there was a way to find more cavaliers out there. I also use RSW but I can't use that site while i am out here. Gov computers block it. So that sucks for me. On RSW I post as Goldmember.

Later

Darryn

GO
SHOW
ELECTRONICS

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 12:31 PM
well ill see, i got my friend benny that he has his own shop that can probably get it done sooner than sean.
just that he usually works on muscle cars and drag cars and stuff u know.

-i miss my car tho its been like 6 months without driving it.
-well ill i hope is that it all would be worth it.
-and rsw i dont have an account there but i hurd of it i dont think there would be people with cavis posting there , just neons.

so what do u do man? what do u do.?
Wednesday, January 09, 2008 1:38 PM
I am in the Air Force. I have a nice comfy desk job. I am married and have a baby girl. My wife is 21 and my daughter is about to be 6 months.

GO
SHOW
ELECTRONICS
Wednesday, January 09, 2008 4:25 PM
Wow, i didnt know u already had a family and stuff.

-thats nice tho. and thats kool that u got a good job.

-let me ask you a question cause im still debating about this.

-i want to get another turbo but i dont know wich size would be better i want a t3-t4 but dont know what trim yet.

-any suggestions.?
Wednesday, January 09, 2008 11:15 PM
Go with a 60 trim. That is what most people are using on here.

Darryn

GO
SHOW
ELECTRONICS
Sunday, January 13, 2008 11:42 AM
hey guys. i just moved here about 7 months ago. i have an 04 cavalier. wasnt meant for me. actually got it for my sisters fiance but stopped paying for it. so now im stuck with it. he wrecked it so i dont know if you have seen it. its an orange ls with a primered bomex front end. black hood. i noticed here there are alot of cavaliers around. im trying to get started on the boosted project. my friend has a orange srt4 that is too quick. so im trying to get in his hp range.

ECOtec DOHC

Sunday, January 13, 2008 1:25 PM
Well if you are going to boost it the best thing to do is get the hahnracecraft.com kit. It is a full bolt on and drive kit that will take you to about 210whp. Then get a 2.5 - 3.0 inch cat back exhaust and that will unleash about 225whp. 1step colder plugs. After that get HP Tuners and a wide band O2 sensor and tune it with the FMU still intact which will bring you to about 233whp. Grab a boost controller and up the boost to 10psi and then retune it agian. At this point you will need a new clutch. I would grab the spec 3+. That will bring you to 240whp all on stock internals.

After that you will end up like me and moving to a full engine build. I am running 15psi and I am putting down 284whp and 297tq with plenty of room to grow and in the near future I will be.

My plans include 20g upgrade, Shifted's ECU and 3 bar speed density tune, up boost to 18psi on pump gas. Create a 110 octane trick fuel tune with 22psi for track use on slicks. At that point I will call it quits. I will finish with about 380whp on a daily driven car.

There is so much more I could do but I think I will stop there. I could still do Cams, larger TB, Log style intake manifold, P&P, long tube turbo header, billet crank shaft, 3 inch turbo back exhaust, balance shaft delete, stage 5 clutch, A/C delete, Methanol injection, Even bigger turbo, 30+ psi. At that point I would have a 475hp drag car and would have a tough time getting to work and back in it.

GO
SHOW
ELECTRONICS
Sunday, January 13, 2008 3:55 PM
yeah i was planning to go with the hahns kit. if not i plan on lookin for a block first and start playing with that. well see what happens

ECOtec DOHC

Monday, January 14, 2008 5:45 AM
Well good luck with that project.

Darryn

GO
SHOW
ELECTRONICS
Thursday, January 17, 2008 4:02 PM
we should all kick it one day. meet the peeps here in abq

ECOtec DOHC

Thursday, January 17, 2008 5:08 PM
hey guys ..
-just been busy at work.
-but welcome Paul Chavez and good luck with your new project. it would be nice to have 3 boosted cavys in abq hanging out.

and if you need any help let us know believe me when we say we pretty much know where to go and where NOT to go.

Thursday, January 17, 2008 11:33 PM
Yeah I am down to meet up. I will be home in the middle of feb

GO
SHOW
ELECTRONICS
Friday, January 18, 2008 4:49 PM
cool. thanks. let us know when you get back daryyn. i want to see your guys set ups.

ECOtec DOHC

Friday, February 22, 2008 7:10 AM
Hey gents.

I am back in Albuquerque. Well Rio Rancho to be more accurate. My cell is 732-896-2443.

Later

Darryn

GO
SHOW
ELECTRONICS
Sunday, February 24, 2008 2:44 PM
i got into a lil accident on my way to work like 3 weeks ago. so its in the shop being fixed. getting a new ls sport front end. i have the gm tuner sides that im going to slap on. hopefully it will turn out good. im sure it will.

ECOtec DOHC

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search