EvoFire part out? - South Mountain Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
EvoFire part out?
Wednesday, August 01, 2012 12:31 PM
Cars back in the shop, dumped about 2 grand into it this year already for repairs, and although this one is under warranty, I really dont want to keep going through this. I dont have a beater, and really would have no need for one unless my car was down. so i really dont want to buy one.

my thoughts are this....

sell car whole for 2-3 grand, and still owe money for it. buy something else and owe money on that too.

part out, possibly make 3-4 grand on parts, scrap body. buy something else and owe on it.

trade in as it, take HUGE hit on it and be upside down in another car.

this is really just me documenting my thought process, lemme know what you guys think, or give me SERIOUS offers on my parts. EVERYTHING is listed in my profile.

Re: EvoFire part out?
Wednesday, August 01, 2012 12:56 PM
why dose it keep ending up in the shop?
Wednesday, August 01, 2012 1:09 PM
Chris Gatti wrote:why dose it keep ending up in the shop?

clutch/tob/slave went end of may. then the rear main seal blew the day i got it out, then the rear main just blew again.

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 1:11 PM
Sounds like they didn't install it right, shouldn't it be a parts warranty cause it was so recent?
I would look In to a catch can setup if you are seeing that much crankcase pressure to keep blowing out seals.
Wednesday, August 01, 2012 1:15 PM
Don't be a bitch keep the car and fix whats wrong. Does it suck that you've had to fix so much? Yes it does, but that's the nature of the beast. If your going to be owing money pretty much no matter what you do then why sell? Like you said this repair is under warranty and it could have just been faulty install or part get it fixed and see what happens. Everyone wants to give up at some point.
Wednesday, August 01, 2012 1:22 PM
EvoFire wrote:
Chris Gatti wrote:why dose it keep ending up in the shop?

clutch/tob/slave went end of may. then the rear main seal blew the day i got it out, then the rear main just blew again.

the same thing happened happened to me last year. had a friend at Sands Chevrolet install one it was good for about 2 weeks and blew again. he said the first blew from old age and heat, and the second blew from it being manufactured poorly. same thing with my friends cobalt! guessing its one the those crappy gm parts.

id think about it honestly part outs are not fun, and finding the right buyer to buy your car whole isn't easy either.
although a new car is a fun idea your gonna be stuck with that car for another couple years.

if it were my choice id try and keep it. its not a expensive repair and its covered.
Wednesday, August 01, 2012 1:25 PM
Snowman wrote:Sounds like they didn't install it right, shouldn't it be a parts warranty cause it was so recent?
I would look In to a catch can setup if you are seeing that much crankcase pressure to keep blowing out seals.

would crank case pressure do that? I didnt think it would. Maybe i need more PCV then. Im running the stock LSJ pcv setup right now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, August 01, 2012 1:27 PM

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 1:26 PM
However, if you should decide to part out there are a few last things I'm looking for as far as supercharger stuff is concerned even though I'm sure you'd be more interested in selling it as a whole but just saying lol.
Wednesday, August 01, 2012 1:28 PM
yeah nick its all or none...i have a complete ready to bolt on system.....no changing that....

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 1:34 PM
I figured just was giving you a hard time I got a line on those items anyway. But you better get her fixed next time I roll thru AZ with the Fire I intend to run you.
Wednesday, August 01, 2012 1:37 PM
you intend to lose?

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 3:05 PM
Don't do it fix it ur car is too badass

Thursday, August 02, 2012 1:53 PM
No sir I do not
Thursday, August 02, 2012 2:15 PM
list your mods....

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 2:54 AM
keep it and get a cheapy beater

Thursday, August 09, 2012 7:23 PM
Say it isn't so... I just got here and you're throwing in the towel? Don't know enough to give you mechanical advice, so I guess I'll stick to moral support. If you're really sick of the whole thing, I suppose you could always trade it in for a Chrysler 300 with some 20" chrome rims on it... :o) j/k But seriously... I can't get real excited about any current American compact FWD cars and foreign jobs just cost too much to mod and repair... J is the most common platform in America, parts are fairly easy to get and cheap (if poorly made at times). Obstacles usually come in bunches, .. keep the faith man

She may not look like much...
... but she's got it where it counts kid
Wednesday, August 22, 2012 9:22 PM
keep the car.

cost of repairs is cheaper than cost of higher car payment + any mods to said new car

If you sell it for what you say you will sell it for then it seems like the buyer will get one hell of a deal.

http://youtu.be/RXppsUVhJJE
my car ^
Friday, October 05, 2012 5:10 PM
ahahahhaha this was a funny thread.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search