Looking for help for a Eco Swap, AZ - South Mountain Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Looking for help for a Eco Swap, AZ
Friday, July 05, 2013 8:07 PM
Hey guys, I've decided on a Eco swap, Auto to Auto, 4Spd.

The only issue is having someplace to do it (My garage is too small with no extra room, barely enough room to open the doors as is), and having someway/someone to help me go to a yard and pull the stuff I need and then transport the engine to the swap location or back to my place. I have some friends with /some/ know-how and some friends with a cherry picker, but I feel like i'm pretty much on my own with this. Without any hands on help it wont really be able to happen unless me and another buddy can pull together and do it ourselves, which is highly unlikely as neither of us have a truck/trailer to move the engine.

I want to get the swap done if possible in a day (Would require more than 2 people) or in a weekends time, and if money is a object I can supply it for your time/help. Or if anyone has the parts needed to do a 2200 to Eco swap, I'd be more than happy to get them from you rather than a yard.

I'm in the surprise area just north of luke afb.

Re: Looking for help for a Eco Swap, AZ
Friday, July 05, 2013 11:31 PM
Hey man the swap isnt bad, I went from 2.4 5 speed to eco 5 speed by myself in 7 hours, granted I have shop and all the tools so was easy, just get everything ready and can easily be done in a day with no worries. Good luck on it and trust me you will be glad once its over

FuzzMASTA9
Sunday, July 07, 2013 7:07 AM
Lol we can do it pat lol
Me and Matt have hauled transmissions and 2 motors in the back of his car. If needed there's a truck right next door.
Calm down kid lmfao it's a easy swap.
I can get other people over.......need to just get the parts
Sunday, July 07, 2013 7:43 AM
Blue Boosted Penguin wrote:Lol we can do it pat lol
Me and Matt have hauled transmissions and 2 motors in the back of his car. If needed there's a truck right next door.
Calm down kid lmfao it's a easy swap.
I can get other people over.......need to just get the parts

And I can get a person or two over too. Its just I like having everything covered and then some.

Its a easy swap, says the guy who thinks it'll take longer than a weekend ;P

Sunday, July 07, 2013 4:25 PM
If you put the fuel pump and every thing you need to turbo it ya lol it will.
Sunday, July 07, 2013 9:48 PM
Blue Boosted Penguin wrote:If you put the fuel pump and every thing you need to turbo it ya lol it will.

Like I said, lets get the thing in the car first

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search