Aftermarket Ideas - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Aftermarket Ideas
Tuesday, June 02, 2009 11:54 AM
Hey guys, I just purchased a 98 sunfire and am lookin at doing some mods. I am in Calgary and Im having one hell of a time finding anything online or offline for my car. Can anyone give me a hand? Here is just a list of things I was to begin with:

E-brake handle
Shift knob
Shift and E-brake boot (seeing as they are connected)
Short Ram or Cold Air
Dash/Gauge Faceplate or replacement
Some kinda headlights, im lookin at angel eyes and also a HID kit.

If anyone in or around Calgary can give me a hand it would be much appreciated. This is my first project and I would like it to end well, but to do that I gotta get started. Thanks.

Re: Aftermarket Ideas
Tuesday, June 02, 2009 6:31 PM
stop waisting your time with looking, go on ebay, or look in classifieds, or check out the sites on here, but those are not really any useful mods for the j lol

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Tuesday, June 02, 2009 6:59 PM
Pick n Pull has half your list of parts, unless your looking to buy new. Try Mopac for some new stuff if your interested in that route

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Thursday, June 04, 2009 12:10 PM
actually go to kijiji and click on calgary and type in either sunfire or cavalier and look under parts. I am slowly building my cavalier up with some nice second hand parts (budget lol)

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...
Monday, June 15, 2009 8:36 PM
your best bet for the shift boot/e-brake boot would be to go to either a Cav center console (95-99) or go to the 00+ one. personally, I find it looks WAY better than that stock sunfire thing.

shift nob - go to Crap Tire. universal one of them. just get some loc-tite so the little set screw things don't loosen off.

e-brake HANDLE - good luck, molded on piece of plastic. nothing fits over it that I have seen.

SRI - www.cosmoracing.com Canadian site. out of Quebec.

Monday, June 15, 2009 8:38 PM
more to add,

Projectors - dunno if anyone makes them for us anymore. . . either way, they have to be custom made.

gauge - www.blackcatcustoms.com I think it is.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 12:02 PM
Cav centre console? Does it sit well or is there a little cutting an hole placement needed? I ordered my short ram last week. Its the Weapon R Dragon system. Hoping to get it by end of next week. Only problem being I havn't worked out how to take out whole airbox yet as it definately gets in the way.

Yeah, I gave up with HID's, dont wanna have to spend huge money on getting projectors custom made. As for the guage, Im looking at them now.

Thanks Brad, You have done a fair amount to your ride I guess?
Tuesday, June 16, 2009 4:53 PM
yes and no.

done things, then reversed them, lol.

cav console is direct bolt in.

00+ just needs the brackets for the front.

Thursday, June 18, 2009 12:30 PM
Ok cool, goin to pick n pull soon to check one out.

Quick question about a SRI...

Do I need to remove the whole airbox to make it fit? And if so how is it done?
Thursday, June 18, 2009 10:46 PM
you don't need to, but it'll help out a bit in the long run. if you're ever up here on a friday or saturday night near United Cycle for one of the meets (you should come some time, we need more J's) I'll show you how to take it out. I'm prolly heading to the pick and pull here in edmonton Saturday to get myself a new injector for the J.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search