alittle help if you know... - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
alittle help if you know...
Thursday, June 25, 2009 11:57 PM
Hello all I am very new to this type of aftermarket modifications and am wondering if anyone knows where I can get an ecu reflash or whatever its called to eleminate my rev limiter and possibly tune the vehicle to be a litle better than stock. Currently the only modification that has been made is a Mangaflow Dual Exhaust, which will be soon followed by a K&N Typhoon CAI, then either a header from Pacesetter or I saw that vibrant also possibly carries one and then some cams to give it a little extra. After that I possibly might dump the Hanh turbo kit (not sure yet as this is my starter car for learning) to see how that works. Most people think this is a waste of money but I feel that it will be a good learning experience to see what can be done and then have knowledge for the next car to come along. I live in Saskatchewan atm and would not mind travelling to far in Canada to see if this procedure can be done also the cost would be helpful as well Thanks in advance for all your help.

Re: alittle help if you know...
Friday, June 26, 2009 6:01 AM
I wont bother touching rev limiter or anything like that untill, you get fast enough it matters

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Friday, June 26, 2009 9:13 AM
where in SK are you Todd? Maybe fill out your profile a little more... its easier for ppl to answer your questions that way. I'm also in SK and i have HP Tuners. Its the only program that will change stuff in your car's computer. From what you've said tuning would be rather ineffective with your mods so far. Let me know if your still interested and we can discuss what you want in more detail.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, June 26, 2009 9:15 AM

Saturday, June 27, 2009 1:50 AM
I am from Saskatoon and nit sure exactly what I need yet I guess I thought that would be the first place to start, but maybe I am wrong I am also starting to read up on fuel injection with Bosch's book. So we will see how things go after I have read up a bit and learned some of what will be changing in my vehicle and yes I would be interested in discussing more about this thanks for the offer.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search