should have a gathering all the Alberta, B.C j-bodies - Page 4 - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: should have a gathering all the Alberta, B.C j-bodies
Tuesday, July 14, 2009 5:21 PM
HEY Hey Hey Brian lol, thats was Brad's mom Montana lol( sorry Brad had to do it lol), Tyler there are quite a few second gen at the wreckers here for you to get parts from lol, And Scott I know that, I'm going with the 2.3 powersteering, then maybe when rebuild bottom end AGAIN, then might go back to the 2.4 powersteering with the bored lifters lol, wow I can't wait to get them in, and have fun.....and MD Pullies being paid for tomorrow.....hmmmmmm, I think we have a possible race to try..........lol

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 10:24 PM
my mom has a saturn vue with the Eco.

though, the montana engine is quite nice. we'll have to find one.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 11:21 AM
AJ B wrote:HEY Hey Hey Brian lol, thats was Brad's mom Montana lol( sorry Brad had to do it lol), Tyler there are quite a few second gen at the wreckers here for you to get parts from lol, And Scott I know that, I'm going with the 2.3 powersteering, then maybe when rebuild bottom end AGAIN, then might go back to the 2.4 powersteering with the bored lifters lol, wow I can't wait to get them in, and have fun.....and MD Pullies being paid for tomorrow.....hmmmmmm, I think we have a possible race to try..........lol

well by the time you have your engine built again, im for sure gonna be turbo'd and tuned lol so i dont think that race is gonna go well in your favor lol even on low boost (9psi) i think its gonna be one sided

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 1:45 PM
Well, given the costs of doing this swap, it might make better sense to do something else with the car. I'm sure the car needs mounts, struts, and brake work. I'm considering ripping out the stock Delco and installing a JVC that has IPod/bluetooth capability. I know you like your Clarion stuff AJ, but I'd like to be able to use my Touch and not have to worry about third-party adapter cables. The KD-R800 just lets me plug in the IPod's USB cable into the USB port on the deck. No fuss with that.

I could use some 6x9's though. If I can't get the power of the engine in an affordable way, I might as well do the audio.
Wednesday, July 15, 2009 4:37 PM
My Clarion does all that, plus can go handsfree with cell phone hehehe. And Scott if you wanna play that game maybe I should go 10.5:1 with turbo at 6-7 psi boost hehehe, I know it can be done

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Thursday, July 16, 2009 9:44 PM
AJ B wrote:My Clarion does all that, plus can go handsfree with cell phone hehehe. And Scott if you wanna play that game maybe I should go 10.5:1 with turbo at 6-7 psi boost hehehe, I know it can be done

i will just hit my switch

Thursday, July 16, 2009 11:28 PM
cheating is illegal.

Saturday, July 18, 2009 1:21 PM
Brad wrote:cheating is illegal.

not cheating, just running what i brung

Sunday, July 19, 2009 11:27 AM
Scott I can easily just go get a wet kit(complete), for 600, direct port lol, do we really have to go there lol, don't worry when hit 14.0 or better n/a she will be getting juice, and then when I pull 11s or 12s I'd race you no problem lol, don't worry we WILL have our race one day lol, we should get you me and Levi out there to represent the 2.4s, and Brad with the sunflower to represent the slower 2.2s lol, sorry brad had to say that........afterall once I get these tickets paid I will be back to building lol, I will be buying slowly in the meantime.

I am thinking of looking for cheat supercharger injectors though so cams won't be installed for a bit....plus I will be modding the powersteering pully on the H.O. cams lol

Sunday, July 19, 2009 6:27 PM
lol, you get the nitrous and its on, id be concerned with blowing your isuzu tranny up though.

you gonna tap the ho intake manifold for the direct port?

nitrous imo has too many variables to have it be consistant

Sunday, July 19, 2009 8:30 PM
Im not using the H.O. mani lol, using the L.O better for the N/A setup, I have ran both and only one the gained was the L.O. the H.O I lost 3-5 horse on the polls, and L.O gain me a gain over stock, and directport is just sexy lol, maybe after the rebuild I should get wet kit, then we both run lol

Monday, July 20, 2009 6:39 PM
Why do I have feeling we are not going to be able to get a meet here?

Monday, July 20, 2009 7:16 PM
im not doing @!#$ til my car is turbo'd lol

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:14 AM
Scott - It was nice to meet the face behind the car. What happened at the light was so hilarious, AJ was pissed lol.

Brad - PM me regarding the computer you want to price out. Let's see if we can get that done sometime this week.
Tuesday, July 21, 2009 5:00 PM
Brian i should of had him he weighs more lol, damn dodge had to make the srt jeep lol, don't worry I guess scott doesn't wanna race n/a lol, so Levi will have to beat him lol, and good to know you can run with Brad lol for you being stock lol, thats sad lol

Scott- thanks for coming out glad to finally meet you in person, I want rematch lol, srt vs cavy lol.....especially when I get the cams put in and some injectors, pullies on the way,and might have new pistons coming soon and a secret weapon hehehe

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 7:54 PM
meh, the srt is my daily driven winter beater

Friday, July 24, 2009 6:33 AM
Wow we are on page 4 and yet noone said they would come to a meet up here

Friday, July 24, 2009 10:10 AM
is this going on tomorrow?

I work till 9, but I'll st ill come down.

Friday, July 24, 2009 5:09 PM
lol, I dont know I think people scared to drive lol, hmmm wonder if would of had better responce going to red deer

Friday, July 24, 2009 7:58 PM
probably would have, im not driving the cavy other then in the red deer area

Saturday, July 25, 2009 12:40 AM
Up here? You're still waaay down there.

2010 Honda Fit LX

Saturday, July 25, 2009 12:57 AM
wussy Scott.

Saturday, July 25, 2009 10:00 PM
@!#$, coolant pipe just went on my 2.2. Bitch is all rusted out....

AJ, if you are pulling parts tomorrow, let me know. I need a coolant pipe for my 2.2.
Sunday, July 26, 2009 12:47 AM
meh, id rather have it break down close by opposed to being a big tow bill back home

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 8:50 AM
Well just to let you know, AJ now has the cams. As for me the coolant pipe has been replaced and I spent way too much time dealing with the spark system. Hey Brad, a faulty spark plug wire will trigger an OBD-II code. I changed out the entire bracket/pack/coils regardless.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search