should have a gathering all the Alberta, B.C j-bodies - Page 3 - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: should have a gathering all the Alberta, B.C j-bodies
Tuesday, June 23, 2009 11:20 PM
so we're shooting for the 25th in Leduc?

if anyone is looking for something to do on a friday night, come up to UC, I'm usually there from 9:30/1PM til about 11 /midnight.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 6:20 AM
If there are more interested once I get final numbers on everyone that will be there

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Friday, June 26, 2009 5:33 PM
I probably end up showing up tonight.
Saturday, June 27, 2009 1:00 AM
wont have my drivers till this wednesday or thursday, and thats still a maybe >:o >:o , so 1st/3rd weekend of july would be do able

Saturday, June 27, 2009 11:01 AM
AJ B wrote:LAFNGAS I havent seen on here in a while lol, maybe he got a gf to whip him into shape lol

bah, been super busy with everything and havent looked into the regional forums, my cavy is N/A right now but still would probably beat a 2.4 with the m45 gm supercharger, love it and cant wait for boost

sylvan is fun and would allow everyone something to do if they wanted to go out on their own as well.

Saturday, June 27, 2009 9:01 PM
holy @!#$ he's alive :|

Sunday, June 28, 2009 9:13 PM
whole-sh*t is right, where your turbo go? you missed my bad times at the track lol, I need new cat and planning new cams.........

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Monday, June 29, 2009 9:22 AM
So it was the cat that was screwed up?
Monday, June 29, 2009 4:47 PM
turbo got misplaced by the shipping company and such so thats a pain in the ass. just driving the cavy once i get home to put on around 1500kms so the clutch is good to go and slap the turbo @!#$ on

then the car goes in for tuning and see what i can do

Monday, June 29, 2009 8:51 PM
so when you coming to the uc meets in edm? I wanna see the J

Tuesday, June 30, 2009 10:40 AM
i will be in e town soon enough to get it tuned

Sunday, July 05, 2009 2:24 AM
cant wait to get ordering some parts soon...

I will probably be sticking it safe with a comp cams stage 1 setup and some other supporting mods and a new exhaust setup. Than I will probably be more than happy with it... It will have to be reliable since I might be going from olds to calgary everyday for work.

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...
Thursday, July 09, 2009 5:42 PM
anyone showing up to UC tomorrow night? I'll be there after going to the track.

Friday, July 10, 2009 11:16 PM
I'm up for looking at some parts with you guys tomorrow. I might find something useful for this ole flower.
Saturday, July 11, 2009 1:17 AM
im not bringing my cavy up til it gets tuned

brian,what parts are you looking for?

Saturday, July 11, 2009 8:33 AM
Well as I was telling AJ and Brad last night at the UC meet, I'm on a budget and can't afford things like $1000 turbo's and what not. AJ was quoting $500 for an LA1 conversion, but that's asking a bit much. I'm thinking of fixing up the interior a bit as there are some cracked a-pillar moldings in the front, and some badly scratched window moldings in the rear.
Saturday, July 11, 2009 9:50 PM
you mean LS1?

and you get springs from me for $50.

Sunday, July 12, 2009 8:47 AM
I would like to see the car lowered a bit. And no, AJ did mean an LA1 swap (3400). How many lowering springs do you have?
Sunday, July 12, 2009 9:48 AM
-Brian he is talking about the ones that he has on the car now, before you even think about the lowering springs you need to find good struts for them, like Tokico or AGX springs, something that can handle the drop, and yes about $500 for the 3400 swap, engine, harness, ecu, and other minor things possibly needed, plus beer lol. if you like the ride I have go with tokico you can't go wrong, we found a few there, but next time I'm free we should hit up the other wreckers, so I can get the old powersteering setup and install these damn cams before I end up changing my mind lol,

-Ty before oyu go with cams, I strongly recommend you getting intake, exhaust, mounts, bushings, and a drop, yes cams are nice but without everything I listed you won't be really happy

-Scott you know how to do the old p/s swap with the H.O. cams? I need to keep power-steering untill I get the towers bored(if I go that way), since I have to possibly replace the timing-chain tensioner soon.

-Brad I would love to put an LS1 in his car but ya as we know converting his sunflower rear-wheel drive would be a waist of time and money lol, last but not least would be almost inpossible to do seeing as what we have to work with

-Danton hows the drivers-licence coming? did you get it? I'm still waiting to see you come out to meets, looks funny with me being the only j with 2.4 and internal work lol, with Brads and Brain's sunflowers lol

Sunday, July 12, 2009 4:30 PM
anyone know where i can get a set of led rear lights for a 91 Z24? I have a 1991 Z-24 lowered 3" polished and balanced. 3.1V6. 5spd. I have a 3800 supercharged motor to go in it when i blow this one up. It also has a centerforce clutch, blue frnt lights, clear markers and front clip changed out. Upgraded rotors, 16" STOCK cavalier rims, its in beautiful shape. I will load the pics up on here when i get the pics shrunken down to their stupid 100kb pic max. Im usually at the timmy's off barlow south friday nights and saturday nights. You can find me near an RSX and a few cobalts and a silver Cav. This UPCOMING weekend of July 17th I will be up at the Tim Hortons off 32nd ave and 36st. All who can make it please do!! Lets show these boys with their cracker jack toys american muscle is still around!!
Sunday, July 12, 2009 4:40 PM
AJ B wrote:-Brian he is talking about the ones that he has on the car now, before you even think about the lowering springs you need to find good struts for them, like Tokico or AGX springs, something that can handle the drop, and yes about $500 for the 3400 swap, engine, harness, ecu, and other minor things possibly needed, plus beer lol. if you like the ride I have go with tokico you can't go wrong, we found a few there, but next time I'm free we should hit up the other wreckers, so I can get the old powersteering setup and install these damn cams before I end up changing my mind lol,

-Ty before oyu go with cams, I strongly recommend you getting intake, exhaust, mounts, bushings, and a drop, yes cams are nice but without everything I listed you won't be really happy

-Scott you know how to do the old p/s swap with the H.O. cams? I need to keep power-steering untill I get the towers bored(if I go that way), since I have to possibly replace the timing-chain tensioner soon.

-Brad I would love to put an LS1 in his car but ya as we know converting his sunflower rear-wheel drive would be a waist of time and money lol, last but not least would be almost inpossible to do seeing as what we have to work with

-Danton hows the drivers-licence coming? did you get it? I'm still waiting to see you come out to meets, looks funny with me being the only j with 2.4 and internal work lol, with Brads and Brain's sunflowers lol

in order to use the 2.4 ps pump, you gotta use the modded cam AND the 2.4 intake cam tower. cant use the 2.3 tower and have the 2.4 ps pump bolt on

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 10:31 AM
3400 swap is so tempting now that I have the cash to do it.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009 11:16 AM
YAY!!!!!

I'll check next sunday for one at the yard

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 11:25 AM
Just make sure that it has less mileage than what I have right now
Tuesday, July 14, 2009 11:28 AM
Actually Brad,

AJ said that he was going to swipe a 3400 from his Grandmothers' Montana. That way I get the 195 HP engine and not the 160/170 from the N Body cars (Alero, Grand AM, Cutlass, Malibu).
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search