Where did you get your wheels and how much did you pay? - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Where did you get your wheels and how much did you pay?
Sunday, October 25, 2009 9:55 AM
Just like the subject says. The reason I'm asking is because I want to get a set of wheels for the corolla, but I think the local shops are all screwing me. They want $170 per wheel (Motegi SX5, advertised on tirerack.com at around $100 USD per wheel). So what did you get, where, and how much did you pay?

2010 Honda Fit LX

Re: Where did you get your wheels and how much did you pay?
Sunday, October 25, 2009 6:03 PM
get the Saachi S2's from Canadian Tire. they're a really good looking rim, and cost 115.99 per rim for 16"'s.

Sunday, October 25, 2009 9:26 PM
How much do those weigh? The reason I want to gt SX5s is because they're the lightest wheel I could find in a 16" for a reasonable price (because if money were no object I'd just get something like a gram light or trak_lite). I want to buy something that will improve the car.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Sunday, October 25, 2009 9:42 PM
they're surprisingly light. where abouts are you located? if you go into the one closest to you, ask to see the S2 in a 16" rim. usually most stores will have a 17" on the wall, ask if you can feel the weight of it. I'm possibly going to get 2 of the S12's (the silver ones) for the rears for when I go to the track.

the S2's are gunmetal color.

Monday, October 26, 2009 12:23 AM
I'm in Grande Prairie (i.e. rip off land, where gas costs .10 more per litre than in the capitol region). I may have to go over to CT (I wonder if I have enough canadian tire money? ) and check it out. I have all winter to save up/buy the rims now. Hopefully I can actually do something with the car come spring time. All I'm gonna say is that women are expensive.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, October 26, 2009 10:38 AM
my car is my woman, hahahahah.

so yes, women ARE expensive.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 4:34 PM
I bought my rims and tires at tire pro in grande prairie my boi works there
retail for the boss 328 18's with lexani tires i think is $1800 for all 4? thats not what i paid though

Thursday, October 29, 2009 9:52 AM
It would be nice to get a discount on wheels/tires. If I can convince head office to start doing auto services, I'll be set. I mean if we have insurance, a store in Kelowna with a spa, and our own airline and resort, why not a store with auto services as well?

2010 Honda Fit LX
Sunday, November 01, 2009 5:11 PM
craigslist.com

Friday, November 06, 2009 1:27 AM
LOL. Check the peace country craigslist. Then you'll see why that will never be an option up here.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Friday, November 06, 2009 4:26 PM
haha agreed^^^^

Sunday, November 15, 2009 5:32 PM
I got an idea from TN the other day: Stock tC wheels, and powdercoat...

2010 Honda Fit LX
Wednesday, November 18, 2009 7:47 PM
yea i'm lookin into new wheels from tire pro still gonna be 18's but maybe a black rim or something little less flashy lol

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 8:49 PM
yay!!!!!

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 8:54 PM
I don't want to go too big, my original plan was a set of Motegi SX5s in 16":

But then I saw the stockers on a tC, and now I'm thinking of a colour, either black with silver lip or black with a colour matched lip (Impulse Red).

This is the car colour:

2010 Honda Fit LX
Thursday, November 19, 2009 9:37 AM
are the TC rims 17's?

Thursday, November 19, 2009 11:47 AM
I believe so. I didn't want to go that big, but I just love the look of them. First things first, though. I'm ordering a few other goodies before getting the wheels. I need fog lights, and I'm hoping to tighten up the handing a bit with a DC Sports strut bar. I'm in the process of finding a decent intake for a good price (parts for this car are bloody expensive), too.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Thursday, November 19, 2009 6:22 PM
do you want OWN Z24 fogs? I can get em quite easily.

Saturday, November 21, 2009 1:15 AM
I'm going to get a set of "JDM yellow" fogs from eBay. Yup, I'm a brave soul. They look legit, though. Even has the right model years in the auction (02-04 camry and 05-08 corolla).

2010 Honda Fit LX
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search