Header for sale - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Header for sale
Wednesday, November 25, 2009 7:37 AM
Iv got a pacesetter header for sale. Its got heat wrap on it now and has only been used for about 15,000km. It comes with everything so you would just have to bolt it up and have it welded near the cat. I have the bolts for the collector but id recomend grabing some new ones. Its for a 2.4. I can get some pics up if your interested and would preffer to sell localy but if I have to ship I can do that too.

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae

Re: Header for sale
Wednesday, November 25, 2009 10:50 AM
I may be interested...how much? Can I see some pics?

Im up in Edmonton, ive been looking for a header for my LD9

1972 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray LT1
2008 Chevrolet Colorado, Crew Cab, 3.7L I5, 4X4

Thursday, November 26, 2009 7:25 AM
Classic69 wrote:I may be interested...how much? Can I see some pics?

Im up in Edmonton, ive been looking for a header for my LD9

Last night I pulled of the wrap just to make sure there wasnt any cracks or damage. It looks fine except for a bit of surface rust. Would you want me to ship it? PM me for a price

Saturday, November 28, 2009 7:11 PM
I would remove the heat wrap, that stuff is just nasty can rot out a header pretty quick, with a polish you might be able to save it, and 4-1 header is great for highend power, shifts your powerband a bit, worth it I'd say without the heat wrap

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Monday, November 30, 2009 10:10 AM
Ya, id take off the header wrap off and get it ceramic coated at Perfection Powder Coatings on the west end.

Tuesday, December 01, 2009 6:32 AM
ya then you can have the same style header as me and you can come race at the track with me after my build lol

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Tuesday, December 01, 2009 7:47 AM
Sounds good to me! I gotta go to Bud Park next summer with my car and my truck and race em!

Tuesday, December 01, 2009 7:51 AM
AJ B wrote:...you can come race at the track with me after my build lol

We both know your engine build wont help...cuz you cant drive lol j/k

Shoot me a pm so I can get your cell number!

Wednesday, December 02, 2009 7:48 AM
Get a chance to remove the rest of that header wrap and snag another pic or 2?

Wouldnt mind seeing one of the other side of the flange (inlet side) too...pls and thank you!

Wednesday, December 02, 2009 9:54 PM
I did snap another pic. None of the inlet side, I can do that for you on friday if you want. Like I said its got some surface rust but thats all. I gave it a very quik scrub with a brush and some of it started to look pretty again. Havent had a chance to get a shipping quote either. I have no idea what its gonna cost to ship. Boxing it up is another fun project

Thursday, December 03, 2009 8:05 AM
I'm gonna be driving down to Banff December 18-20 to go skiing with some friends, so maybe I might be able to meet up with you in Calgary the friday on my way down or the sunday on way back to Edmonton? That way I can save on shipping and actually see it in person before I buy it and it'll save you the hassle of boxing it up lol

It looks ok (besides the rust lol), but like I said, id get it sandblasted and ceramic coated before I install it.

So let me know what works for you...Thanks!

And ya, id appreciate that other pic when you get a chance ..just flip it upside down so I can see the bottom side of the header tubes and the inlet side of the flange. Appreciate it man!

Thursday, December 03, 2009 12:32 PM
I will snap another pic for you tomorrow and I dont have any issue with meeting up with you so you can have a look either of those days. If your gonna sand blast it you wont have any trouble with it being a bit rusty. I spent 5 min just gave it a quik wire brush and it already starting to look great. Let me know when the date gets closer and on what day you want to meet up. Thanks

Thursday, December 03, 2009 2:20 PM
Well the friday it'd be sometime early-mid afternoon...The sunday it'd be late afternoon-early evening And I dont know Calgary all too well. So anyplace along the Deerfoot Trail or Trans Canada Highway works best for me to meet up. But ya, sounds good!

Monday, December 07, 2009 10:53 PM

Some gasket still remains but not a biggie

Tuesday, December 08, 2009 7:15 AM
Thanks for the pics! Appreciate it!

Tuesday, December 08, 2009 7:19 AM
I called Perfection Powder Coatings on the west end of Edmonton, its lookin like it'll cost me another $130 to get it sandblasted and ceramic coated. So it'll be like a brand new 4-1 header after that for under $200

Tuesday, December 08, 2009 9:30 AM
I'm going to need their phone number soon. . . . I'm definitely doing the same VERY soon. . . . .

Tuesday, December 08, 2009 10:53 AM
They do good work!! Ive got lots done there on my cavy and my '69 Chevy truck.

Perfection Powder Coatings 780-413-7578

http://www.perfectionpowdercoatings.com

Tuesday, December 08, 2009 3:32 PM
To sandblast and coat it sounds like a great deal! Im gonna pm my number to you and you can call me on the friday when your heading into town and we can pick a spot to meet. If I dont answer plz leave a voicemail, I will get back to you asap. Il be working but I will sneak out to meet up with you. Iv got a few other items if anyone is interested
Type j side skirts-no door strikes,a tapped stock fuel rail with automeeter gauge, stock fuel lines, stock injectors. Lots of stock stuff from a 2.4. Let me know if you guys need anything, I may have it kicking around.

Wednesday, December 09, 2009 11:16 AM
i will be interested in the gauge, just not the rail. . . . unless I get creative with the intake mani on my car. . . .

Wednesday, December 09, 2009 3:01 PM
Brad (flatblackfire) wrote:i will be interested in the gauge, just not the rail. . . . unless I get creative with the intake mani on my car. . . .

Il give you the rail for free if you want the gauge lol. I think i paid 35 bucks for it about two months ago

Thursday, December 10, 2009 1:25 AM
I guess I need another intake mani then, hahahah.

only thing, I don't have a clue when I'll be down in calgary next :S.

highly doubt any shipping company would be willing to have it shipped cause it came in contact with gas. . . .

Thursday, December 10, 2009 11:39 AM
I could pick it up for you when I go pick up the header and meet up with you sometime if you wanted?

Thursday, December 10, 2009 2:28 PM
Its been sitting dry for over a month, no gas smell on it anymore lol. Yah if you want to grab it off me and bring it up north that works for me. Hows 20$ ?

Thursday, December 10, 2009 5:28 PM
both things work for me.

thanks to both of you!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search