**Summer Boredom** - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
**Summer Boredom**
Wednesday, April 14, 2010 12:20 PM
Thought we should start a summer one haha thought the title was appropriate lol
Whats everyones plans for this summer?? im gonna do lots of quadding thats for shizzle!
hopefully we can get a meet in order

Re: **Summer Boredom**
Wednesday, April 14, 2010 6:46 PM
it's still the spring.

I'm an @$$hole.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, April 14, 2010 6:46 PM

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Thursday, April 15, 2010 3:05 AM
Got my rims on a few weeks ago, damn wide tires, can't keep my car clean for more than 10 minutes! Mudflaps would just scrape on the ground......

Glad the snow's gone!
Thursday, April 15, 2010 8:12 PM
Might do a drive to Edmonton this summer (well, Leduc) to visit my wife's friend, and we're trying to set up book signings for my mother in law. We managed to start interest in one already (The store owner said she would start carrying the book, and will host a signing).

I'm hoping to get a couple mods FINALLY done to the Corolla (strut bar, CF engine bay pieces, and maybe the first part of my exhaust system), and either start working on or scrap the Beretta. I like the Beretta, but I think what I really want is a 2nd Gen Z24 5 speed with some nice 16" wheels. Tomorrow my car gets a bath and shaved badges. Just need to remember to buy dental floss (the little floss on a sticks just don't shave badges well).

2010 Honda Fit LX
Thursday, April 15, 2010 10:18 PM
Brad (flatblackfire) wrote:it's still the spring.

I'm an @$$hole.

it feels like summer tho! so it counts
i grilled some chicken on the bbq tonight, washed some windows, chilled with my friend for a couple hours in the sun! woot woot

Friday, April 16, 2010 1:19 AM
NY Tort Scam wrote:Might do a drive to Edmonton this summer (well, Leduc) to visit my wife's friend, and we're trying to set up book signings for my mother in law. We managed to start interest in one already (The store owner said she would start carrying the book, and will host a signing).

I'm hoping to get a couple mods FINALLY done to the Corolla (strut bar, CF engine bay pieces, and maybe the first part of my exhaust system), and either start working on or scrap the Beretta. I like the Beretta, but I think what I really want is a 2nd Gen Z24 5 speed with some nice 16" wheels. Tomorrow my car gets a bath and shaved badges. Just need to remember to buy dental floss (the little floss on a sticks just don't shave badges well).

See if you or someone you know has some fishing line laying around, that works much better. Snaps less, would save you some time.
Friday, April 16, 2010 5:41 PM
I realized that after I started. Still, $1.63 and I still have half a roll of dental floss. I also now hate the letter O. I had shaved the "CE" badge off with relative ease. The Toyota badge came along nicely, too. The word "Corolla" hung on by the first O for 5 minutes of cutting with floss, twisting and getting sprayed with Goo-Gon. And I forgot that most of my cleaning supplies got stuffed in the shed (My wife has no concept of "Do Not Freeze" warnings, so I need to replace about $50 worth of cleaners). Either way, a pic of my shiny red rear end:

Yes, it is still dirty. I was thinking of taking the spray cleaner to it again, but that stuff is expensive. I did use it on the rear a bit where I was working as to not be completely lazy.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Friday, April 16, 2010 7:30 PM
^looks good^ we sell some sticker off at red-line that works really well IMO it works better than goo-gone...i managed to just pull off my badges without using floss or anything but i did it on a really hot day with my blow dryer...but then i had to buy a new blow dryer cuz i burnt it out lol damnit!

Friday, April 16, 2010 11:59 PM
Thanks! I used automotive goo-gone, our $3 Value Village hair dryer, half a roll of dental floss, and more cursing than the neighbours cared to hear (religious Filipinos).

2010 Honda Fit LX
Sunday, April 18, 2010 6:24 PM
~NiKki~ wrote:we sell some sticker off at red-line that works really well IMO it works better than goo-gone

What's it called and how much? There's just a bit of stubborn adhesive left that is NOT giving into the goo gone and scrubbing. If It isn't too pricey I might pick some up (lest I get rid of the stuff on Tuesday).

2010 Honda Fit LX
Saturday, April 24, 2010 1:50 PM
As it turns out, medical adhesive remover is the proverbial @!#$. So are fresh cabin air filters.

2010 Honda Fit LX

Sunday, April 25, 2010 4:10 PM
NY Tort Scam wrote:Thanks! I used automotive goo-gone, our $3 Value Village hair dryer, half a roll of dental floss, and more cursing than the neighbours cared to hear (religious Filipinos).

I plan to keep silent about Filipino lol, seeing as how my fiance is one lol, and I have 7 neighbors that are filipino, and alot of good friends lol

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Sunday, April 25, 2010 7:28 PM
I have no problems with Filipinos. I just have neighbours that offend easy.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, May 03, 2010 11:49 AM
Got some 8000K HIDS on order! Woot woot! I will post some pics when i get them in...looking at a body kit from andy's autosport to get it shipped up here it is going to be about $770 for everything (front, rear, side skirts, and fender flares)

Monday, May 03, 2010 8:16 PM

Just a few of the parts I picked up on friday

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...
Monday, May 03, 2010 9:22 PM
^ Nice!

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, May 03, 2010 9:25 PM
Yeah its ge_force22's old kit. Got it for a cool 500 bucks.

Gotta save up and get some forged con rods and pistons and all that jazz so I can really have some fun

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...
Monday, May 03, 2010 9:31 PM
nice!

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 12:16 AM
Ty Petersen wrote:Yeah its ge_force22's old kit. Got it for a cool 500 bucks.

Gotta save up and get some forged con rods and pistons and all that jazz so I can really have some fun

Not a bad deal. I think the intercooler could use some work, though. Nothing a flathead screwdriver won't fix, though. What size tarbo?

2010 Honda Fit LX
Tuesday, May 04, 2010 12:19 AM
T3/4 Hybrid

Yeah the intercooler could use a good wash and polish before it goes in lol

this is my main reason for buying this crap (gotta beat him although it wouldnt be hard with just a 50 shot lol)

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 12:23 AM
and since I cant hit edit anywhere, the chevelle is runnin a 307 bored to a 311 (or somethin like that, it all cost him like 3500 bucks), cam, heads, intake mani, carb, B&M Shift Kit, 3.55 12 bolt rear, and an msd... his downfall, 2 speed powerglide. Best time he has ran, 16.7 at racecity with 2.xx in the rear. He had 4.10's but just recently sold them since he couldnt go from cochrane to crowchild denny's without using a quarter tank of premium one way LOL

Wednesday, May 05, 2010 9:29 AM
So sad... I won't be arriving at any meet this year in my car. =[

It's sitting on the dealer lot engineless waiting for it's new parts! My husband doesn't want to put it together without a turbo... Sooo... Alas, I'm without a car til next year sometime. =[ Pains me sitting there, doesn't even look lowered in the front anymore. =[ Put the stock rims back on so no one jacks up the car and buggers off with the new one's! Haha!

SO, if anyone has meets this year, think of me and I'll see you all next year!!!

Wednesday, May 05, 2010 6:06 PM
it's better going without the boost for a year . . . .

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Wednesday, May 05, 2010 9:59 PM
ya go N/A and then turbo when you get the car, give engine time to break in

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Wednesday, May 05, 2010 10:18 PM
The engine has 130,000 kms on it, so it's plenty broken in. =]

Either way, I think it'll be neat to bring it out 'finished' so to speak, the turbo might be put on hold, but it definitely would be cool!

But yeah, she's sitting out this summer, sucks, but that's fine, more important things right now!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search