**Summer Boredom** - Page 18 - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: **Summer Boredom**
Thursday, July 28, 2011 12:45 PM

Thursday, July 28, 2011 6:04 PM
simple facts you probably know?:
Wireless is usually about half the speed of wired even with good wireless reception. You should try to optimise your reception and avoid interference.

1) raise the router above furniture level
2) Experiment with channels (some will work better or worse depending on your environment)
3) If you can detect strong neighbouring wifi, use a channel 5 stops away from strongest.
4) Relocate cordless phone base or video sender etc.
5) Be prepared to move the computer (or at least turn it so your body is not between the router signal and the wireless adapter's antenna.

list of drivers:

if none of those work it MAY be a defect, the card , kinda hard as when doing a search and contacting d-link the card need service pack 3, right drivers, and was mainly for windows 7 but can work with XP, they believe either install or error in driver OR defective product

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Thursday, July 28, 2011 11:10 PM
I may have a lot of cabling in my house, but data moves quickly. We've had a Gb LAN since 2003.

16 GB of RAM arriving some time next week. Another $700 in hardware then Win7 and it'll be on like Donkey Kong.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Friday, July 29, 2011 9:00 AM
negative. I've been wireless before and only lost about 5% of overall speed through it. also, the one I purchased was built to support Windows XP, 7 was a side add on.
the router itself is currently sitting on top of a book case, so no problem there.
Only 2 WiFi signals are going through our house currently, ours, and our neibours. but theirs is extremely weak. my phone barely picks it up, so that's no big deal.
computer is set-up so it gets good reception.

I'm having no problem getting a signal from it, it's just not allowing for it to log in. I can't figure it out.

Signal strength is coming up as "Very Strong"

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Thursday, August 04, 2011 12:58 PM
check your winipcfg status, and reinstall the drivers, shut off all other network cards also so no conflict, on to a car related topic lol, the swapping is going good on the Z over next few days suspension and exhaust should be transferred, the tranny still needs to be swapped I miss my 4th gear, and lsd lol, too bad I didnt get to enjoy it before the car went off the road lol, I will post new pics on fb after the drop and exhaust, currently looking for a good paint shop to mix me this color, and get my old rear painted, hood and front bumper, I hate the 2 plates garbage 2 lol, I want to install that plate piece lol. the sunflower getting a cavy front in next little bit, I still want to cry looking at the black Z everytime I remove something, I miss driving her, but the new one is shinney

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Wednesday, August 10, 2011 9:42 AM
Sold my V6 today to a guy with an otherwise complete Gen 2 Z24. Got $400 for it. I'm going to find a way to get the rest of the car to the scrap yard, then find a new project that has a better body.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Thursday, August 11, 2011 11:25 AM
take this one

Thursday, August 11, 2011 9:39 PM
Nah. I'm looking into a different project this time. All the cheap cars in decent shape have been getting snapped up here because they know winter is coming soon enough. $400 for a motor isn't bad.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Thursday, August 11, 2011 10:07 PM
ya your winter should be there in a few weeks lol

Friday, August 12, 2011 12:27 AM
Pretty much. The money from the engine is going to my computer, because I need that running first. RAM, PSU, secondary HDD (going to be running an SSD for the OS and important applications, then I'll have a pair of 1TB HDDs for data storage).

Too much to do, not enough money to do it all.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Friday, August 12, 2011 8:29 AM
go through tiger direct lol

Friday, August 12, 2011 5:42 PM
I actually got this beast working!!!!!

Sunday, August 14, 2011 6:09 PM
^^ Your car or wireless?

I'm now thinking part of the money from the motor will go to an exhaust for the Fit. It NEEDS more power. Or a for sale sign.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Sunday, August 14, 2011 6:17 PM
Wireless. hopefully getting a Slave Cylinder this week some time.

Monday, August 29, 2011 2:11 PM
Monday, August 29, 2011 2:18 PM
Brad (flatblackfire) wrote:you guys SUCK.

Not for free.....BWAHAHA

Getting My Tail Lights Blacked out Today might posts pics later

Monday, August 29, 2011 8:49 PM
~Chick_Nikki~ wrote:

Not for free.....BWAHAHA

still cheaper than me!!!

Monday, August 29, 2011 10:15 PM
AJ B wrote:go through tiger direct lol

NCIX is closer and on every product I want they both have, cheaper. Also, spending money at NCIX means my money stays in Canadian hands. Everything is super cheap there right now, too. I just picked up a 64 GB SSD, 750W PSU and 16 GB of ram for just under $300 shipped. Next up, either a pair of video cards, or a Blu Ray drive and at least one secondary HDD. I'm about halfway into it now...

2010 Honda Fit LX
Thursday, September 01, 2011 9:01 AM
Brad (flatblackfire) wrote:
~Chick_Nikki~ wrote:

Not for free.....BWAHAHA

still cheaper than me!!!

lol

here are my tail lights

Thursday, September 01, 2011 9:38 AM
~Chick_Nikki~ wrote:
Brad (flatblackfire) wrote:
~Chick_Nikki~ wrote:

Not for free.....BWAHAHA

still cheaper than me!!!

lol

here are my tail lights

film or paint?

Thursday, September 01, 2011 7:39 PM
looks pretty freaking good. and ya, film or paint? it almost looks to smooth to be paint. . . .

Friday, September 02, 2011 8:38 AM
Brad (flatblackfire) wrote:looks pretty freaking good. and ya, film or paint? it almost looks to smooth to be paint. . . .

It's paint... automotive clear with black added looks awesome! need to get some LED bulbs though its a little dark lol

Friday, September 02, 2011 4:39 PM
was gonna say to swap to an led bulb if it was film due to the heat actually warping the taillights, my tails on my jeep are black as hell and with the led setup, even tinted are brighter than stock

Friday, September 02, 2011 7:33 PM
yea i'm in the process of getting the "Spider or Star" Leds but everywhere is sold out (well except ebay) and i want to get good quality LED's for my Rear signals due to the it being pretty dark lol you can kind of see the red thru the paint but i didn't want to go completely black... so that is my current dilemma and with the V-LED's they already are wired with a resistor so you don't have to wire one in yourself and they also have the most LED's but they have none in stock

yea your jeep is HOT love it

Saturday, September 03, 2011 11:09 AM
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search