**Summer Boredom** - Page 3 - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: **Summer Boredom**
Tuesday, May 18, 2010 9:29 PM
wondering what year the 2.3 intake is from, i found a 95 sunfire with the 2.3 in it, how can i tell if its the one i need?

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 4:41 PM
Wednesday, May 19, 2010 4:53 PM
come with me one day to wreckers and I'll show you lol, and depends on your build, boost or N/A

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Wednesday, May 19, 2010 7:40 PM
well i wanna run a supercharger sometime in the future, i was thinking of doing the 2.3 LO mani for now if the price is right
Wednesday, May 19, 2010 9:17 PM
if going supercharger, leave the stock one on, for the time and effort your better off just waiting, Im not a fan of the charger....but sounds sexy with the whine. but for a 14.2 quarter seems like a waist, but then again thats just me Im going all motor for now, and girlfriends car will be next after mine. LO mani is simple, helps over 3500 rpm, but lowers a bit in the lower rpm range, and you would also want to do the 2.3 tb. but staying stock till charger is better for you. just get secret cams, and wait for charger

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Saturday, May 22, 2010 2:56 PM
AJ B wrote:if going supercharger, leave the stock one on, for the time and effort your better off just waiting, Im not a fan of the charger....but sounds sexy with the whine. but for a 14.2 quarter seems like a waist, but then again thats just me Im going all motor for now, and girlfriends car will be next after mine. LO mani is simple, helps over 3500 rpm, but lowers a bit in the lower rpm range, and you would also want to do the 2.3 tb. but staying stock till charger is better for you. just get secret cams, and wait for charger

14.2??

the gm s/c can go quicker than that, with bolt ons (not changing anything internal on the engine) i ran a best of a 13.9 @ 99mph

Sunday, May 23, 2010 10:05 AM
Scott Im saying just out of the box, yes it is capable of faster but not everyone goes to that extent

Sunday, May 23, 2010 3:36 PM
fair enough lol but once its on you gotta drop a pulley size to make more boost and then add the different intake so the blower screams like a bitch

Friday, May 28, 2010 12:21 AM
Woo! Strut bar is being delivered tomorrow! Now if only I had a torque wrench, I could install it...

2010 Honda Fit LX
Friday, May 28, 2010 12:22 PM
NY Tort Scam wrote:Woo! Strut bar is being delivered tomorrow! Now if only I had a torque wrench, I could install it...

torque wrench??????????? just tighten it down

Friday, May 28, 2010 4:12 PM
i got front and rear off ebay for $50 shipped to my door,

Sunday, May 30, 2010 7:16 PM
LAFNGAS wrote:
NY Tort Scam wrote:Woo! Strut bar is being delivered tomorrow! Now if only I had a torque wrench, I could install it...

torque wrench??????????? just tighten it down

Needs to be bolted down to 32 ft-lbs.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, May 31, 2010 6:13 AM
Monday, May 31, 2010 9:49 PM
I'll do it on Friday. Pics to follow. My engine bay will be half done then.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, May 31, 2010 9:50 PM
Also, Pita Pit is your God. Souvlaki with Gyros.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, May 31, 2010 10:42 PM
Quote:

Brad (flatblackfire) wrote:so?

agreed, 32 ft lbs is fawk all, couldve had them installed in 15 mins tops instead of waiting for the torque wrench

Tuesday, June 01, 2010 8:41 PM
Turns out I won't have the time on Friday either. Bloody work. I could do it on the weekend if I weren't flying out to Vancouver. Oh well. I'll do it eventually.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Wednesday, June 02, 2010 11:47 AM
Hooray! I don't have to work again on Friday! And I found the good socket set with a wrench that has some leverage. I have to work my balls off so I can go to bed early and get up for 5 am on Caturday.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Wednesday, June 02, 2010 5:16 PM
why not just tighten without torque wrench, you will know when too tight, dont over tighten but you can do without hell, me and scott have done it, not rocket science yet lol

Wednesday, June 02, 2010 10:04 PM
put socket on, turn til its reasonably tight, give yourself a high 5 and test that unit out!

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...
Wednesday, June 02, 2010 10:05 PM
Doing it Friday. If my shoulder is good, I'll pull the battery and do the intake. I got another idea for a mod from the guys at 9GC, so I might order the parts and go nuts again. If it turns out, I think it will look bad ass. If not, I can just repaint!

2010 Honda Fit LX

Wednesday, June 02, 2010 11:43 PM
if your shoulder is good? you make it sound like this is a hard task to install strut bars lol

Thursday, June 03, 2010 12:14 AM

OMG SO CLOSE TO BEING FINISHED!!!

Cant wait!

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...
Thursday, June 03, 2010 12:50 AM
LAFNGAS wrote:if your shoulder is good? you make it sound like this is a hard task to install strut bars lol

My left shoulder is no good. At all. To recap all the things that have happened to it:

1) A 12 lb axe fell on it, thankfully blunt side first.
2) I got a repetitive strain.
3) I got a repetitive strain.
4) I got a repetitive strain.
5) I broke both rotator cuffs.

Unfortunately, sometimes things are hard for me to do without a bit of help, especially if it involves stretching my arm or any repetitive motion.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Thursday, June 03, 2010 7:21 AM
NY Tort Scam wrote:
LAFNGAS wrote:if your shoulder is good? you make it sound like this is a hard task to install strut bars lol

My left shoulder is no good. At all. To recap all the things that have happened to it:

1) A 12 lb axe fell on it, thankfully blunt side first.
2) I got a repetitive strain.
3) I got a repetitive strain.
4) I got a repetitive strain.
5) I broke both rotator cuffs.

Unfortunately, sometimes things are hard for me to do without a bit of help, especially if it involves stretching my arm or any repetitive motion.

Ouch how did you manage a axe falling on your shoulder??
i need to clean up my car this weekend and fix the headliner i reupholstered i have half a day off on friday so i might do it then

Hey is everyone still up for a meet in E-town on August 27-28?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search