**Summer Boredom** - Page 5 - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: **Summer Boredom**
Friday, June 18, 2010 5:43 AM
didn't need it anymore. by then I had bought the CF one, lol.

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!

Friday, June 18, 2010 8:10 AM
Brad (flatblackfire) wrote:didn't need it anymore. by then I had bought the CF one, lol.

I hates you!!!! lol its gonna cost me $500 to get it done...well that's what the shop said we will see

Saturday, June 19, 2010 11:26 PM
FINALLY installed my intake and strut bar. But when I went out to the farm, I forgot the breather tube from the kit in my basement. I'll take a pic of the rig we came up with to get home with and the complete install tomorrow. Its definitely a backyard job that could only be pulled off at a farm full of old vehicles. It's a good thing its a universal fit, apparently (since we got the hose we needed off a small block V8).

2010 Honda Fit LX
Sunday, June 20, 2010 10:28 AM
nice post pics up ^^^
My cars going into the shop on monday woot woot hopefully they will do everything i want it will be nice to have it fixed...it feels embarrassing driving around a broken car lol specially when it has huge rims on it and people are always looking at it haha (omg there's that sunfire with HUGE rims..wtf)
hopefully it doesn't take too long to fix it next up is going to be tint i think

Sunday, June 20, 2010 11:24 PM
Got busy today, and uh... lost my USB cable. I'll use the wife's card reader tomorrow.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, June 21, 2010 11:22 AM

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, June 21, 2010 9:36 PM
Okay, now that I have more than a few minutes, yes, the engine bay is horribly dirty. I've yet to replace most of my cleaning products, and don't want to detail again until I have everything. The intake makes a nice grumble at mid-high range. I'm not sure if I want to change the muffler or not now. I like the way it sounds. Might spruce up the interior next. I'm thinking Razo RA92 shift knob, some black fabric in the door inserts, and Momo pedal covers. Either that or replace the centre console storage with a toaster.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, June 21, 2010 9:58 PM
whats the engine look like with that ugly cover off? If its not too bad, maybe take that off and paint or polish your valve cover...

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...
Monday, June 21, 2010 10:17 PM
you call that dirty? @!#$. I wonder what mine would be. . . I work on a dirt road, have no access to pressure washers, or anything of that sort. have to go to car wash that will allow that crap, which, is none that I know of here in E town.

Monday, June 21, 2010 10:56 PM
Ty Petersen wrote:whats the engine look like with that ugly cover off? If its not too bad, maybe take that off and paint or polish your valve cover...

I'm not a fan of the engine without the cover. As much as I don't like engine covers, all you get is bare spark plug connectors and the breather hose.I'm going to do some paint work on the engine cover, though. I'm thinking of doing the "VVT-i 16 Valve" in red to match the intake, or doing all but that in the same colour. There are a few crazy custom engine covers on 9GCs out there, but I don't have the patience, skill or money to get a custom air brushed design.

Brad (flatblackfire) wrote:you call that dirty? @!#$. I wonder what mine would be. . . I work on a dirt road, have no access to pressure washers, or anything of that sort. have to go to car wash that will allow that crap, which, is none that I know of here in E town.

Maybe I'm picky, or maybe I'm used to the anal retentive folks over at 9thgencorolla.com, but my engine bay looks like hell. I want one that looks like some of these after pictures:
http://www.9thgencorolla.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1282154&postcount=10

2010 Honda Fit LX
Tuesday, June 22, 2010 6:57 AM
NY Tort Scam wrote:
Ty Petersen wrote:whats the engine look like with that ugly cover off? If its not too bad, maybe take that off and paint or polish your valve cover...

I'm not a fan of the engine without the cover. As much as I don't like engine covers, all you get is bare spark plug connectors and the breather hose.I'm going to do some paint work on the engine cover, though. I'm thinking of doing the "VVT-i 16 Valve" in red to match the intake, or doing all but that in the same colour. There are a few crazy custom engine covers on 9GCs out there, but I don't have the patience, skill or money to get a custom air brushed design.

Brad (flatblackfire) wrote:you call that dirty? @!#$. I wonder what mine would be. . . I work on a dirt road, have no access to pressure washers, or anything of that sort. have to go to car wash that will allow that crap, which, is none that I know of here in E town.

Maybe I'm picky, or maybe I'm used to the anal retentive folks over at 9thgencorolla.com, but my engine bay looks like hell. I want one that looks like some of these after pictures:
http://www.9thgencorolla.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1282154&postcount=10

I know someone that is starting a water transfer (dipping) company and you can do crazy custom films on anything website for film preview (www.liquidprintone.com)
He hasn't got his dipping tank yet but im going to do my whole interior..he coats everything with automotive clear as well just an idea anyways thinking about getting some engine stuff done too

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 7:38 PM
That is pretty cool. Even if its fake, I wouldn't mind getting some of my engine bay stuff done like that (fuse box cover, engine cover). Is he local? Any idea what he's charging. This i a very attractive option to get a LOT of stuff looking the way I want it.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Tuesday, June 22, 2010 7:40 PM
NY Tort Scam wrote:That is pretty cool. Even if its fake, I wouldn't mind getting some of my engine bay stuff done like that (fuse box cover, engine cover). Is he local? Any idea what he's charging. This i a very attractive option to get a LOT of stuff looking the way I want it.

Yea he is just opening shop i don't know how much he is charging yet but you can get anything done there are even helmets and stuff that they do... but i will let you know when i find out more once he is all set up

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 8:01 PM
^^ Awesome.

As a completely irrelevant side note: Stoner Invisible Glass is the @!#$!

2010 Honda Fit LX
Tuesday, June 22, 2010 8:55 PM
stoner invisible glass?

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 10:02 PM
bring her down here, Ill detail that @!#$ lol, and yes Im still alive

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Tuesday, June 22, 2010 10:20 PM
~NiKki~ wrote:stoner invisible glass?

@!#$ yes.

hell, I use that @!#$ when cleaning EVERYTHING.

Crappy tire sells it, lol.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 10:57 PM
Yes, I bought it on a recommendation, and it actually works as advertised. Much better than the Simple Green glass cleaner.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 6:10 PM
I don't only use it for glass though. I've used it on plastic and even sprayed it onto a cloth before and cleaned my dash off.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 10:33 PM
Brad (flatblackfire) wrote:I don't only use it for glass though. I've used it on plastic and even sprayed it onto a cloth before and cleaned my dash off.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 11:32 PM
rly. gotta do it to the 03 dash soon too. discovered it by accident while cleaning the inside of my window and it getting onto my old pad. the areas it originally hit, made it come out looking brand @!#$ new. does NOT work with the wipes, only the aerosol can.

Thursday, June 24, 2010 10:52 AM
Well, lucky me. I bought the aerosol.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Friday, June 25, 2010 5:59 PM
AJ B wrote:bring her down here, Ill detail that @!#$ lol, and yes Im still alive

i'm pretty good at detailing myself lol its gonna get a good one for some new pics evil eyes and its shaved...omg! i get it back monday they are blending the fenders for free in the morning so excited!

Friday, June 25, 2010 7:45 PM
Some pics i took locally 2 years ago dont know whos it was but i found it on my computer

Friday, June 25, 2010 9:53 PM
as I was thinking when I saw em on crackbook, them some ugly fuckin rimzzzz.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search