**Summer Boredom** - Page 11 - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: **Summer Boredom**
Saturday, October 16, 2010 12:09 AM
Managed to fix the heater blower motor by cleaning the power/ground contacts and giving the motor a few good hits with a hammer. Getting that alternator swapped out in the morning, and luckily that belt tensioner is easier to work with than on the stupid 2.2L OHV.

Saturday, October 16, 2010 6:35 PM
Brian you have to love the car lol, but an update, tomorrow will be installing hood pins and relocating battery to the trunk, and look for new battery as mine is running at 81% efficient, then going to start on the redoing of the trunk ( need to do new sub boxes), and hopefully if all goes good, engine will be completed this winter, and paint is going to be done by my cousin (thought of few colors......blue flame metallic(Ford color), Jet Black (69 Vette), and candy apple black lol), still looking for malibu handles to put on the car though, was at wreckers today but long line up

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Saturday, October 16, 2010 9:39 PM
Oh! Rims could be sold tomorrow! $75 more to go to E-town with. Maybe I can get some 3rd gen seats with that or save it for a battery. Bought an air filter and some shop towels today with rolled change. Turns out the cashiers at Crappy Tire don't like that much.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Sunday, October 17, 2010 5:49 PM
what are the bolt pattern on the rims?

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Sunday, October 17, 2010 10:16 PM
5x100. They're the ones I posted earlier here. They fit funny on the 'Rolla, so I decided to sell them.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, October 18, 2010 7:48 AM
Well I had a pretty productive weekend on the cavy...went to the auto wreckers & picked up a "LO" manifold & 2.3L 56mm throttle body with all the wiring & sensors...also managed to find a rear '02 Z24 lip in great shape with 90% of the clips, unfortunately twas red, but got it for only $10.99!!! Also, I bought a dual A-pillar gauge pod & Autometer "Cobalt" series volts & oil pressure gagues to match my blue led cluster. I got the dual pod & both gauges installed, works perfectly, & looks great!!! Also, I sanded down the rear lip, threw 2 coats of primer, 2 coats of ultra silver metallic, & 1 coat of clear on it, and it looks almost brand new, not to mention it matches my car perfectly too!!! Now I just gotta get around to figuring out how I wanna install it on my '01 Z24.....

1972 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray LT1
2008 Chevrolet Colorado, Crew Cab, 3.7L I5, 4X4

Monday, October 18, 2010 7:37 PM
Tony T Crams wrote:5x100. They're the ones I posted earlier here. They fit funny on the 'Rolla, so I decided to sell them.

hmmm, I want something bigger than 16's. . . . willing do do some fancy trading?

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 8:18 PM
Well the Ciera is up and running, with no leaks. What did I have to replace? Here is the list:

1. Oil w/ filter (that was obvious)
2. Alternator due to no charge, possible bad voltage regulator (stupid Hitachi's). I replaced it with another Hitachi from a '95 Grand AM.
3. Serpentine belt was starting to fray upon A/C testing, so it was replaced.

The only thing that this car has to do is survive the winter, I could care less how it looks as long as the mechanical aspects function. The coolant will get flushed soon enough.
Wednesday, October 20, 2010 2:56 PM
very sad thing went through my head lol, I think for next couple days might be willing to trade the extractor hood for an RK sport hood lol, before I put my hood pins in........just saying *cough* Garret, Tyler*cough* lol

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Thursday, October 21, 2010 7:13 AM
Keep dreaming AJ..lol..ive become accustomed to liking my RK Sport "SS" hood on my cavy..and I dont feel like painting your extractor hood silver to fit my car..sorry dude

Besides...your extractor hood fits your car nicely...keep it & install the hood pins!

Thursday, October 21, 2010 7:28 AM
I might have to

Friday, October 22, 2010 8:31 AM
Classic69 wrote:Well I had a pretty productive weekend on the cavy...went to the auto wreckers & picked up a "LO" manifold & 2.3L 56mm throttle body with all the wiring & sensors...also managed to find a rear '02 Z24 lip in great shape with 90% of the clips, unfortunately twas red, but got it for only $10.99!! Also, I bought a dual A-pillar gauge pod & Autometer "Cobalt" series volts & oil pressure gagues to match my blue led cluster. I got the dual pod & both gauges installed, works perfectly, & looks great!! Also, I sanded down the rear lip, threw 2 coats of primer, 2 coats of ultra silver metallic, & 1 coat of clear on it, and it looks almost brand new, not to mention it matches my car nicely!! Now I just gotta get around to figuring out how I wanna install it on my '01 Z24.

So I installed my rear lip last night...1/2 asses lined it up, held it up with tape, and marked out where to make the slots in my bumper, and cut them out with a dremel. Ended up fitting pretty damn good!! ...ntm it looks really good on my car...but it still needs a lil bit of TLC to be completely finished...a couple of the tabs were broken so I gotta take my bumper off and probably hold those ones in with 3M tape or JB weld...so it fits snug to my bumper...but I got all the clips in the good tabs

Friday, October 22, 2010 8:34 AM
Next it'll be my "LO" intake manifold and 56mm throttle body swap...once I get the manifold ceramic coated

Friday, October 22, 2010 9:31 AM
why ceramic coated? it wont make a difference, and I would mod it before you do that, be careful modding it is aluminum and can crack without the right tools, and style lol

Friday, October 22, 2010 10:04 AM
AJ B wrote:why ceramic coated? it wont make a difference, and I would mod it before you do that, be careful modding, it is aluminum, and can crack without the right tools, and style lol

Id ceramic coat the manifold or blue powdercoat the manifold to match my header or IDI cover....

Ya, ive read some of the forums about modding the intake ports & tabs on it to work with the 2.4L....

Friday, October 22, 2010 5:00 PM
Brad (flatblackfire) wrote:
Tony T Crams wrote:5x100. They're the ones I posted earlier here. They fit funny on the 'Rolla, so I decided to sell them.

hmmm, I want something bigger than 16's. . . . willing do do some fancy trading?

I would have traded them if I'd not promised them to the guy that bought 'em. The money made off the sale gave me gas money to and from Edmonton. Too bad I had no money to do almost anything else.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Saturday, October 23, 2010 4:37 PM
damn, hope he'll like em!

Saturday, October 23, 2010 6:05 PM
He seemed quite happy. If not they'll be on Kijiji again soon.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Saturday, October 23, 2010 7:08 PM
brad that brake problem I was talking about the thread is

Saturday, October 23, 2010 8:50 PM
Sunday, October 24, 2010 6:01 PM
stupid jbody.org lol, anyways even though I have been driving for so long with no brake lights, it was multi-function switch, now I have new one in there as well as 3 brake switches, and new brackets for the passenger seat, I also fixed the driver seat to be able to slide it now, as well as install the holy s h i t bar lol

Sunday, October 31, 2010 5:29 PM
well got the car back from the dyno:

94 octane and it yielded:

11psi = 400whp and 350wtq
25psi = 535whp and 481wtq

Sunday, November 07, 2010 11:00 AM
LAFNGAS wrote:well got the car back from the dyno:

94 octane and it yielded:

11psi = 400whp and 350wtq
25psi = 535whp and 481wtq

sweeeeeet! Congrats, that is awsome. I wanna see a vid

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Friday, April 08, 2011 12:02 PM
Spring is here....summer is around the corner!

Show n Shine / Cruise season is upon us once again!!

Soo....what everybody up to this summer? We should plan another meet!!

Friday, April 08, 2011 1:51 PM
I know what I'm doing in the next few days; Getting my new Fusion SE. I'll be putting the Z on the market once I take possession of the Fusion.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search