castrol may 14th - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
castrol may 14th
Friday, May 14, 2010 9:48 AM
im off to the track, anyone else going?

Re: castrol may 14th
Friday, May 14, 2010 3:43 PM
i wish, i need to get my truck wide band tuned again than hit it up maybe next friday, what you running now?
Monday, May 17, 2010 2:19 PM
well i made 2 runs,

1st run was a 14.00 @ 118mph when i babied it and missed the 2-3 shift

2nd run i launched harder, clipped a 1.9 60ft and then made the 2-3 shift (was hoping for my 12 flat maybe high 11) and in 3rd gear at 5000rpm it just let loose and revved to 7k right away, grabbed 4th and revved right up again

moral of the story is.............................

ripping the tranny out to figure out what caused the issue, regardless, i called bully clutches and gave them a heads up and they are covering the clutch and everything 100% so thats good news,

im thinking it can be a couple things:

1: spec flywheel friction surface insert maybe gone
2: spec flywheel sheared off which has been known to happen
3: maybe clutch disk material failure
4: pressure plate failure

clutch pedal still has the same pedal feel so i think the hydraulic system (slave cylinder and such) is fine but will figure it out asap

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 4:50 PM
at your expected HP, you need a stock one scott, your taking a gamble using spec, thats alot of coin in your build

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Wednesday, May 19, 2010 9:18 PM
screw stock man. Spec is better off handling the Torque Scott is putting down. and that's not saying much considering what happened. Fidenza possibly?

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Friday, May 21, 2010 11:03 AM
AJ B wrote:at your expected HP, you need a stock one scott, your taking a gamble using spec, thats alot of coin in your build

wouldnt trust spec for a stock powered car, their stage 5 wouldnt hold the power im putting down on 11psi so fawk spec entirely (take it you havent looked at my build list, it says what im running)

anyways the clutch company is taking it back and giving me a new clutch without question.

as for what went wrong i dont know cause i got sent out to work and havent got the time to rip it apart yet.

im going to give the company another chance, who knows what happened, could have just been a defect but if it lets go for a 2nd time, im going with a twin disk

Sunday, May 23, 2010 10:03 AM
I was talking about your flywheel not the clutch Spec clutch is @!#$. I won't even use it. so you sure the clutch is what gave way? I'm curious what happened, maybe your car telling you something, stop trying to get a ten second caar and focus on that srt

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Sunday, May 23, 2010 3:35 PM
AJ B wrote:I was talking about your flywheel not the clutch Spec clutch is @!#$. I won't even use it. so you sure the clutch is what gave way? I'm curious what happened, maybe your car telling you something, stop trying to get a ten second caar and focus on that srt

yeah, the car had the spec flywheel on it already so i decided to just get the new friction plate for it.

car isnt allowed an opinion in telling me anything lol

as it sits with the power it makes on low boost its an 11 second car after i get some more seat time, pretty sure my 2nd pass had it going for me til i grabbed 3rd and nothing was there (pulled the 1.9 60 ft)

jeep is almost completely murdered out and after i take care of a couple things i think our shop might be turning towards making the SRT a shop vehicle as well. looking at making a massive single turbo setup on it (already been doing the mockup for it, including the y pipe and the 4" down pipe lol)

Monday, May 24, 2010 1:03 PM
just go stock flywheel, just to be safe, I know spec may be nicer but thats alot of ponies and money in that car

Monday, May 24, 2010 7:39 PM
yeah, gonna see what actually had the issue, i will probably just sell the spec flywheel pending what the issue is and run a stock one.

Monday, May 24, 2010 9:13 PM
I would I bet prolly bad relationship between clutch and flywheel, I may be saying @!#$ ho cams, since lost hex insert again lol, head is ready though

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 2:50 PM
lol,

i had a set of HO cams done and sitting here a loooooooooooooooong time ago, shouldve just bought them and you wouldnt be waiting on anything and everything wouldve been ready to go and no more leg work for you.....................

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 4:41 PM
ya, but Im looking for W41 cams though I see what the HO cams do, I wonder how times would be with W41

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search