**Summer Boredom** - Page 9 - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: **Summer Boredom**
Wednesday, August 11, 2010 8:11 AM
Snotty Marc wrote:I have a V8 to play with! It's actually a friend's car, but he's left it in my care until he gets a job and money to pay for the insurance. He wants me to clean it up a bit, and see if I can't find some body parts for it (rear fender wells are GONE, the front bumper needs work, and a turn signal is completely busted). We're both interested in making some extra power with it, which I've discovered there is a wealth of parts for this motor (Ford 4.6L V8 since I haven't mentioned it yet.)

Ya, there is a TON of aftermarket parts for Ford's 4.6L V8!!

What kinda car? Year?

1972 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray LT1
2008 Chevrolet Colorado, Crew Cab, 3.7L I5, 4X4

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 11:43 AM
A 1995 Mercury Cougar XR7, and here she is: The Warthog!

Don't let it fool you, the only thing I've done thus far is clean the glass and attempt to clean the headlamps. Yes, that is duct tape on the driver's side.

The very dirty V8 itself. This thing is HUGE.

I've never done any work to a motor like this. Would I need to replace anything if I just went into the valve covers and checked the condition of the components? Should those parts be cleaned if they turn out to be caked in oil/etc.? If so, what would I clean them with? With a budget of nothing, I'd like to do as much as I can while I can. he and I will be out there most of the day tomorrow, so if anyone has suggestions, that would be awesome!

2010 Honda Fit LX
Thursday, August 12, 2010 11:18 AM
I'm not saying anything.........the ford logo on my coveralls means your waisting your time and effort lol, good luck though

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Thursday, August 12, 2010 9:03 PM
AJ B wrote:I'm not saying anything.........the ford logo on my coveralls means your wasting your time and effort lol, good luck though

If you say so, but I think we can do a little bit to improve a lot. I've already got 1/3 of a garbage can full of improvements.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Saturday, August 14, 2010 8:25 PM
i would personally take a good degreaser/cleaner and soak the engine bay and then wash it off to help clean the majority of the crap off of it

Saturday, August 14, 2010 10:34 PM
Soon as the owner comes along and fixes the tap. At this rate, he'll have it fixed just in time to shut it off for the winter. The turn signal repair project begins tomorrow. Yup. Scott and superglue. Two things that don't go together well, coming together with a busted headlamp. The best outcome is that I will be part headlight by this time tomorrow.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Sunday, August 15, 2010 4:52 PM
change that water pump and dont forget, oil pan and timing gaskets

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Sunday, August 15, 2010 7:02 PM
Thanks! Will check.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Friday, August 20, 2010 9:16 PM
I'm not sure where else to post this, but, I"M @!#$ TIRED OF HELLAFLUSH RICERS. STANCE IS A HEAPING PILE OF BULL@!#$.

I just had to get that off my chest.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, August 23, 2010 10:08 AM
I can already think of something better; 32V 4.6 swap.

As for my own car, I got my Exedy/Daiken clutch kit from Sport Solutions in CA. $246 shipped which is not too bad. I called up Low Cost Transmissions and was quoted $500 to replace it, which is not too shabby. Other things on the list include mounts and replace all the struts seeing that 3 are now bad.
Monday, August 23, 2010 10:28 AM
Snotty Marc wrote:I'm not sure where else to post this, but, I"M @!#$ TIRED OF HELLAFLUSH RICERS. STANCE IS A HEAPING PILE OF BULL@!#$.

I just had to get that off my chest.

Haha aww poor you lol

Friday, September 03, 2010 1:51 PM
So Summer is almost over....I DONT WANT IT TO BE COLD AGAIN
I didn't get to do half the stuff i wanted to yet...still need to put in my motor mounts and do some more outside stuff at my house...now im gonna be all rushed before the snow comes again...BOOO
That's It moving somewhere tropical!

What's New with everyone??
Thanks for everyone that made our "meet" in e-town should have got a group pic but some pics are uploaded in the meet thread

I'm having some people over tonight then going out for a ladies night with a couple of friends tomorrow night other than that the rest of my weekend is going to be catching up on yard work and prepping for winter maybe i'll hanging my Christmas lights so i don't have to do it in the cold haha

Saturday, September 04, 2010 1:20 AM
New? The wife quit one of her two jobs tonight, not sure if its a good or bad thing yet. We'll see in the coming months. There's a cav for sale with a bad LN2 for $200. If money is good, I might buy it and leave the Corolla largely alone. IF money is good.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Saturday, September 11, 2010 2:03 PM
Friday, September 17, 2010 11:46 PM
Woo! I got Coheed & Cambria tickets for October!

2010 Honda Fit LX
Tuesday, September 21, 2010 9:50 AM
Soo...my gf's step-dad just bought a new toy...I WANT IT!!!!!!

Nissan Skyline GT-R

1972 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray LT1
2008 Chevrolet Colorado, Crew Cab, 3.7L I5, 4X4

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 10:45 AM
lol of course he did lol he gave her the benz haha

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 8:38 PM
Sweet raptor jesus! There's a 300ZX for $350 in GP right now. Damn me and my being broke!

2010 Honda Fit LX
Thursday, September 23, 2010 5:32 PM
what the @!#$ is wrong with it?

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Thursday, September 23, 2010 8:38 PM
According to the ad "The electricals must be messed because the battery drains after like a week of driving it". It's either that or a $100 cavalier that makes a knocking sound, and if neither of those pan out, a $300 chevette with a spare engine and various spare body parts. If the wife gets her new job, she'll need the car and I'm definitely NOT walking to work this winter. Too bloody cold up here for that @!#$.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Sunday, September 26, 2010 9:29 AM
My car is officially dead. Check my thread for details.

Sunday, September 26, 2010 5:09 PM
Snotty Marc wrote:According to the ad "The electricals must be messed because the battery drains after like a week of driving it". It's either that or a $100 cavalier that makes a knocking sound, and if neither of those pan out, a $300 chevette with a spare engine and various spare body parts. If the wife gets her new job, she'll need the car and I'm definitely NOT walking to work this winter. Too bloody cold up here for that @!#$.

if I get a look at it, I could prolly fix that electrical gremlins.

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Tuesday, September 28, 2010 12:47 PM
Sweet. I'm selling the wheels for the Corolla I bought this summer, and I've practically sold the grant hub I bought for the cav. If I can get what I want for them, I'll be on my way to getting that car.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, October 04, 2010 10:11 AM
The 300 ZX sold. Next possibility is a Jaguar XJ6...

2010 Honda Fit LX
Wednesday, October 06, 2010 9:05 AM
Out of all the cars in the world, I am rolling around in an '85 Impala. It's a tank, and I mean TANK. Someone in my area is selling an '87 Accord LX for $500 and it's in pretty damn good shape.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search