New Alberta car club!!?!??! - Page 3 - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: New Alberta car club!!?!??!
Monday, April 04, 2011 11:28 AM
that's more or less what hte planned cruise is for...

hopefully by the time of the cruise, all the white crap will be gone.

signatures are for loosers.

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 2:13 AM
Ty Petersen wrote:Well I dunno about you guys but I'm probably heading to the mountains early next Saturday as long as my tires get mounted! Anyone that wants to go let me know and we can meet somewhere. Hopefully we can get a few nice shots of the cars

might go with ya Ty if we can get a few people going for this weekend.

I can't make any of the 2 meets that are planned for the facebook group. I'm working on both those weekends.

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 10:03 AM
Erik Nyman wrote:might go with ya Ty if we can get a few people going for this weekend.
I can't make any of the 2 meets that are planned for the facebook group. I'm working on both those weekends.

wow, that sucks - I was really looking forward to seeing your car.

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 1:55 PM
Hmm, looks like Sunday if everything goes to plan might be the better day.
Looks to be a nice forecasted high of 12 woo!

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...
Wednesday, April 06, 2011 12:04 PM
unruhjonny wrote:
Erik Nyman wrote:might go with ya Ty if we can get a few people going for this weekend.

wow, that sucks - I was really looking forward to seeing your car.

I know.

I work a 10-4 shift, with every 2nd weekend off...

and both of those weekends are the working weekends

Friday, April 08, 2011 8:10 AM
my cavy is getting some odds and ends finished up, maybe have it out for may

Saturday, April 09, 2011 8:26 AM
Well this week took more of a toll than I wanted it too, so that means my 235s have to wait a little bit longer to get mounted... Sigh

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...
Saturday, April 09, 2011 11:15 AM
this seems like a calgary and area club at this point, lol.

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Monday, April 11, 2011 10:16 AM
Brad (flatblackfire) wrote:this seems like a calgary and area club at this point, lol.

yup that's what it's become;
which is why the name was picked;

GM Tuners of Calgary

Monday, April 11, 2011 10:30 AM
Tuesday, May 03, 2011 3:57 PM
hey guys, this is a little bump,

for those of you (lurkers maybe?) who need to be brought up to speed, this group, exists on Facebook as "GM Tuners of Calgary";
We have an event planned for Sunday the 15th (that's this month), so far 90% of the interest has been from Cobalt owners, but I'd love to see some J-bodies come out too...

Details to be finalized closer to the date);
We will be meeting at the McDonalds across from COP, and be leaving at 8am;
this is our tentative route planed;
GM Tuners of Calgary cruise

I will try to allocate some walkie talkies so that we can talk to each other while driving, right now it's looking like Banff will be our lunch stop, this gives us the option to either go for (cheap) ast food, or all sit down for lunch at something a little nicer;
we are also thinking of doing the hot springs...
you can follow the conversation in this thread (link will bring you to the newest page of hte thread);
Cobalt SS network; Cruise through the mountains

Also, last month restristration opened up for what's arguably the best show & shine in Calgary - it's linked on the Facebook group as an event - but if you're not on FB, here's the website;
2011 Show 'N Shine

Bump!

Tuesday, May 03, 2011 10:09 PM
ill see how everything with the car goes and maybe drop in for a road trip

Wednesday, May 04, 2011 8:34 AM
LAFNGAS wrote:ill see how everything with the car goes and maybe drop in for a road trip

I'd be glad to have you come out!

Monday, August 08, 2011 1:09 AM
Bringing back an old thread...

I am currently living in BC but I am originally from Calgary myself. I will be heading back next year to start doing an apprenticeship for auto mechanics. I am a big fan of the J's and love seeing them around in Calgary. I have a 95 Z24 with the Quad 4. I am on the BC J-body forums but I live in the Southern Interior so not much happens out where I am. So since I will be back in Alberta in the coming months, I thought I would check this out.
Monday, August 08, 2011 10:03 AM
Ethan good luck most of the j's are stock or look like crap in Calgary(no pun intended), Edmonton and Red Deer tend to be a bit better, but Calgary is like Prince George when comes to J's lol, I would know

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Monday, August 08, 2011 12:20 PM
well it depends on which part of town you see the better looking ones....

I used to live in the SE and I did see a couple good ones around the neighbourhood I was living in.

Here is what my ride currently looks like:

Monday, August 08, 2011 12:21 PM
Sorry... here it is:

Monday, August 08, 2011 4:47 PM
Ethan Hiltz wrote:Bringing back an old thread...

a couple months isn't too old...

especially when peopel are subscribed to the thread and come back after seeing renewed interest

Ethan Hiltz wrote:I am currently living in BC but I am originally from Calgary myself. I will be heading back next year to start doing an apprenticeship for auto mechanics. I am a big fan of the J's and love seeing them around in Calgary. I have a 95 Z24 with the Quad 4. I am on the BC J-body forums but I live in the Southern Interior so not much happens out where I am. So since I will be back in Alberta in the coming months, I thought I would check this out.

Don't misunderstand things, this group does exist, but we've already seen a couple hiccups;

On our first cruise on Sunfire, and one G5 showed up, but otherwise it was just Cobalt's... over time I'd like to see that change.
since the start of this "group" two members have written off their cars...

But One Clean Cavy made it to the show 'n shine - it was nice to see a custom turbo'd twin cam ~ I hear so rarely of them... and his car did live up to his user name

AJ B wrote:Ethan good luck most of the j's are stock or look like crap in Calgary(no pun intended), Edmonton and Red Deer tend to be a bit better, but Calgary is like Prince George when comes to J's lol, I would know

come on - why you gotta be that way?

Monday, August 08, 2011 5:35 PM
That's understandable. I am just tired of seeing a lot of Hondas around here with all the meets they do. It's nice to see GM's getting together even though cavs and fires aren't among the majority.
Monday, August 08, 2011 5:37 PM
then there is me. I blow up my clutch and can't do crap afterwards, lol.

Monday, August 08, 2011 8:25 PM
I think what it is, is that most j-body owners feel outclassed besides newer cars...
But I'd like to change that.
in all at the church show 'n shine (parked in four separate spots probably because of poor communication on my part) we had two j-bodies (one turbo, one supercharged), three deltas (two stock turbo, the third was a 2.2L car with bolt on's), and one old N-body (which was me )...

we occasionally get together at the Tim Horton's in Deerfoot Meadows - but those impromptu meets are arranged through the FB group...

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 12:10 AM
well ol cavy bit the dust the other day. Probably going to track down an engine and 5 speed for her this fall/winter and start getting some parts together for a rebuild...

I am however picking up an 08 xB 5 speed tomorrow afternoon. 265's on all 4's... *drool*

I might toss in a stereo soon, but right now I just dont want to bum rides to work and longboard around town.

Better pics soon

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 12:10 AM
wrong thread but oh well

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 6:02 PM
HAHAHAHAH. I saw that one coming, lol.

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 6:54 PM
Nice toaster. Needs lots of CF and to be lowered.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search