New Alberta car club!!?!??! - Page 5 - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: New Alberta car club!!?!??!
Monday, August 15, 2011 12:41 PM
my build if traction is there will yield a low 11 or somewhere in the 10's. will it ever get there with me driving it on street tires, massively doubtful but thats no problem to me.

powerband?? the car will still run ho cams just fine, might just drop a valve or end up with 0 oil pressure. you need a program to even let you rev that high to even benefit from them as well

Monday, August 15, 2011 4:23 PM
wait a minute...

LAFNGAS wrote:...and hit even a 14 for us and 13's in edmonton............ n/a without any nitrous............ not gonna happen, ...

am I reading this right?

signatures are for loosers.
Tuesday, August 16, 2011 7:02 PM
ya I can rev all the way to 8k if really wanted to but its the oil pressure and valves I worry, as I didnt install them

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Tuesday, August 16, 2011 10:55 PM
if you think you can run 14's with a n/a LD9 with HO cams, please clue me in... because at this time I'm taking the role of good old 'Doubting Thomas'...

I can rev to eight as well, but I'd rather not hurt anything so my (self imposed) rev limit is 7,600rpm (been thinking about bumping it to 7,800)

LGO 10:1 shortblock
    086 head
    Rocketparts "cheater cams"
    full length header
    2.5" to dual 2" mandrel bent exhaust*
    extrude honed intake manifold*
    3.94:1 FDR c/w EP-LSD

packaged in a '91 GA.

* = items not installed for my last track ventures

personal best at Race city is the time slip posted earlier... with drag radials, making virtually zero traction...

one of the few runs from 2009 which were recorded...

Race City video

(more info on me or my car is on quad4forums - including changes I made over time and the real world results observed.)

signatures are for loosers.
Wednesday, August 17, 2011 8:37 AM
actually in reality with ho cams to could probably get 12's with supportting mods and good drive (driver is most important) look at the build of the black car, a little more done then you have done Im afraid, just like Scott have more then I do.

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Wednesday, August 17, 2011 2:01 PM
unruhjonny, best time i ran with the car s/c was a 14.4 @ 96 with meth injection and pullied to hell and running not bad, i dont think that a person will be running 13's in edmonton with a bolt on j body, id love to see it but even guys that have been around have had every bolt on done and couldnt get close til the threw some boost or a shot of nitrous at it.

low boost i should be able to run an 11 with no problem and high boost if traction is there is 10's or quicker

for a better time hit up edmonton, can run about a .5 second quicker due to a better prepped track and just elevation

dont regard my post you quoted, maybe i was drunk cause that makes no damn sense

Thursday, August 18, 2011 5:56 PM
you by far do not need boost to get into 14's number of us have done it n/a, of course just bolt-ons, I dont think you'd get 14's, but a build like mine can, some guys on here are running better times n/a then they did with the supercharger, turbo yes low runs in theory can be done if traction wasn't such a problem. and you also have to think a 91 GA, weighs more then a lightened Jbody also

Friday, August 19, 2011 10:06 AM
AJ B wrote:you by far do not need boost to get into 14's number of us have done it n/a, of course just bolt-ons, I dont think you'd get 14's, but a build like mine can, some guys on here are running better times n/a then they did with the supercharger, turbo yes low runs in theory can be done if traction wasn't such a problem. and you also have to think a 91 GA, weighs more then a lightened Jbody also

prove your build runs 14's n/a and back it up with a 2nd slip/post and prove it, i can sit here all day saying my build runs 10's but hasnt had a 10 second slip in my hand yet

Friday, August 19, 2011 10:45 AM
I have inprofile my slip, I also had a video on here, the only thing you weren't there amazing 2 years after I run that, and make sure I had the evidence before I posted, actually the first person to see my slip was Brad in Edmonton, and Brad Wheeler

Saturday, August 20, 2011 7:31 AM
I never actually saw the slip.....

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Saturday, August 20, 2011 10:41 AM
you and Brian were there at th UC meet when I brought it there lol, thats the day Lilyth didnt want to get out of the car lol

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 12:13 PM
So, late post but where do you all meet?
Thursday, December 29, 2011 9:22 PM
i chill in red deer and wreck @!#$

Saturday, January 21, 2012 1:25 PM
scott your still alive you know whats funny im soooo way beyond GM now a days lololol

what ever happened to jspeed or hotwheelz and wth this site still exists???

im utterly shocked!!!

Friday, December 28, 2012 12:09 PM
Both Jspeed and Hotwheelz are no more........
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search