New Alberta car club!!?!??! - Page 2 - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: New Alberta car club!!?!??!
Tuesday, February 01, 2011 12:31 PM
Now I know who this guy is, he's from Quad4Forums. As soon as I saw I saw the GA, I knew.

Tuesday, February 01, 2011 1:14 PM
yup.

I have the same "username" here and there... and I make no effort to hide whom I am.

I use the same name on GMFWD.com as well as LNFPerformance.com;
I go by Soundjunky on Cobaltss.net

It's unfortunate that all these cars are diminishing in numbers ~ nice Grand Am's, nice Z24's ect, ect.

signatures are for loosers.
Tuesday, February 01, 2011 1:15 PM
... but none of this changes the fact that I'd like to see a group of locals start to get together... that reminds me... I wonder if anyone else joined the FB "group"
Tuesday, February 01, 2011 7:28 PM
uruh, im actually trying to sell the rims right now. $220 bucks with some nearly toast 225's on them... make me an offer as I really need the money

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...
Tuesday, February 01, 2011 8:47 PM
I don't care about rubber;
any salt or curb damage?

Tuesday, February 01, 2011 8:50 PM
little chip in the paint on one but its nothing crazy. No curb damage or anything though

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...
Friday, February 11, 2011 5:15 PM
I would be totally into something like this. Maybe it's cause I'm older, or because I've done the import tuner thing, but I would love to see even a small group get out to meet once in a while to start. This forum has been invaluable to me in fixing my car and I dont see why it couldn't be taken a small step further.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!
Friday, February 11, 2011 5:20 PM
Heck even if someone needed a hand wrenching im sure a number of us could show up once and a while. That and like minded people to enter car shows or auto-x and drags with would be nice. I know I could use some mentoring on the racing scence as I hope to get into it this year

Saturday, February 12, 2011 9:42 AM
Aaron Archibald wrote:I would be totally into something like this. Maybe it's cause I'm older, or because I've done the import tuner thing, but I would love to see even a small group get out to meet once in a while to start. This forum has been invaluable to me in fixing my car and I dont see why it couldn't be taken a small step further.

How did the water pump replacement work out??

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Saturday, February 12, 2011 1:44 PM
Ty Petersen wrote:I know I could use some mentoring on the racing scence as I hope to get into it this year

WCMA course at race city is the answer. You will have the best weekend of your life driving your car and learn more about driving then you ever have.

Saturday, February 12, 2011 8:52 PM
as it sits there still arent many quick/decent looking j bodies around in the area let alone enough to get together and have a meet

come summer if youre @ castrol. youll probably see me other than that i probably wont be going to meet up with like 2-3 other cars for @!#$s and giggles

Saturday, February 12, 2011 9:02 PM
LAFNGAS wrote:as it sits there still arent many quick/decent looking j bodies around in the area let alone enough to get together and have a meet

come summer if youre @ castrol. youll probably see me other than that i probably wont be going to meet up with like 2-3 other cars for @!#$s and giggles

umm, in that single post, you've made it seem as though you have missed everything that this "new club" (and the facebook group) was about...

Why the continued need to isolate yourself to only hanging out with other J-bodies??

Granted you're in Red Deer, but for two of the get-togethers we had last year as local Cobalt owners, we had one guy from RD come out twice...

Saturday, February 12, 2011 9:56 PM
ummmm Scot does hang out with some, he even came to hang with us guys in Edmonton so he is not isolating himself, get to know him before you comment like that

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Monday, February 14, 2011 7:49 AM

I have no adequate response to your post...

By isolate, I wasn't inmplying in the literal sense of being all alone - I was intending that to convey separating j-body guys from the rest...

Guys, this club/group is not all about J-bodies, it's about all the "other" GM cars that conventional clubs don't really want in their group...

We currently have one thing scheduled on the FB group, and are in the process of planning a cruise.
We only have nine(?iirc) members at this time, and they are currently j-body & delta owners... I'd like to see the group expand to include other cars too...

Friday, February 18, 2011 3:41 PM
I dont have facebook, so someone please keep me posted on this.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 2:16 PM
onecleancavy wrote:
Aaron Archibald wrote:I would be totally into something like this. Maybe it's cause I'm older, or because I've done the import tuner thing, but I would love to see even a small group get out to meet once in a while to start. This forum has been invaluable to me in fixing my car and I dont see why it couldn't be taken a small step further.

How did the water pump replacement work out??

The pump ended up getting done at a buddy's shop. Couldn't get the time to commit to it. Was way too busy but needed the car fixed. So it is done, then I put in the strut bar (which I painted to match the car) and put an intake in.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!
Thursday, March 24, 2011 1:51 PM
so... any new news on this?

Thursday, March 24, 2011 2:41 PM
You're on FB... that's where pretty much everything is spoken about for this "group"...

Unfortunately the weather still blows...

I'm pretty much game for meeting up any time (as long as i get some kind of notice - and to make matters worse I don't have internet at home atm)... but I expect things to start happening once this white crud finally disappears

Thursday, March 24, 2011 6:08 PM
unruhjonny wrote:and to make matters worse I don't have internet at home atm)...

same here dude.

WORK internets FTMFW.

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Friday, March 25, 2011 7:53 AM
I cant wait for the weather to clear up as well. Hopefully a get together or two can be arranged once spring is actually here......

Friday, March 25, 2011 8:09 AM
Brad (flatblackfire) wrote:
unruhjonny wrote:and to make matters worse I don't have internet at home atm)...

same here dude.

WORK internets FTMFW.

yup... I had the internet only because shaw called me out of the blue and offered it for $10/month - but then I called to cancel citing cost as my reason, and they never offered me a discounted rate to continue with it... idiots.

Friday, March 25, 2011 8:11 AM
Aaron Archibald wrote:I cant wait for the weather to clear up as well. Hopefully a get together or two can be arranged once spring is actually here......

Aaron; forgive me if I missed you commenting on this - but have you looked up the FB group?

That is the preffered vanue for events for this group...

GM Tuners of Calgary

Friday, March 25, 2011 5:31 PM
Well, now I know about it LOL.
Thanks for the heads up, never noticed that it was there to be honest

Saturday, March 26, 2011 10:35 AM
Well I guess I should clean my car out a sometime soon because were projected to get some nice weather soon. Than I get to install my o2 sensor and hopefully not have to tap bolts out as I seem to only have 2 bolts holding my transmission onto my engine... Not cool at all

Saturday, April 02, 2011 12:16 PM
Well I dunno about you guys but I'm probably heading to the mountains early next Saturday as long as my tires get mounted! Anyone that wants to go let me know and we can meet somewhere. Hopefully we can get a few nice shots of the cars

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search