winter boredome. - Page 6 - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: winter boredome.
Monday, March 29, 2010 6:20 PM
307..... ick.... base 115-200 HP to start. I don't really want to knock on the guy but a why a 307? A 283 (same block I know) or a 327 have a lot more power to begin with and have so much more potential. If it's to be different, I can give him props for it, but the 307 wasn't designed to be a street/track motor.

Monday, March 29, 2010 8:22 PM
Yeah well I tried tellin him that motor is a boat anchor but he seemed pretty persistent that he wanted to keep the stock 307... Now a 383 stroker on the other hand would help that 4 door chevelle a bit more but to each there own right lol

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...
Monday, March 29, 2010 9:25 PM
Ty I can't race at moment lol, car is going through surgery and waiting on my "special" clutch, and trying to fix better halfs car, and trust me you wouldn't stand a chance with a stock eco, do something to it then we will talk lol, we will see how you do against the 4 door sunflower first lol, and run at track and see how close you come to me then let me know lol, I plan to run after my build is done since do not want to do my clutch untill new motor goes in if can help it, but maybe one day a race can happen, but right now racing is last on my list of things, going through custody battle and girlfriends car being worked on before I continue. But ya one day we will race lol

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Monday, March 29, 2010 9:32 PM
lol who said the eco is stock

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...
Monday, March 29, 2010 9:42 PM
I'll race ya in a near-stock Corolla! I'll lose horribly, but it'll be fun!

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, March 29, 2010 9:46 PM
Heh all in good fun man, close to calgary or anything?

Hell im up for just cruisin one of these nights to like denny's or tim hortons or somethin

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 10:35 AM
come up here Ty. you know you want to. and I'm with a pre-97 2.2 LN2. I'ma have me some fun with this guy. best the one eco at the track last time I was there did was a 15.9. with intake and exhaust. he was done up quite well. . . couldn't get anything though.

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Tuesday, March 30, 2010 5:29 PM
man all you guys up north are runnin half decent times. Is there air pressure and elevation really that different up there compared to calgary?

As for comin out, probably one day soon man. It would be nice to hang out with some fellow jbody owners!

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 6:15 PM
can't wait for the summer! woot woot

Thursday, April 01, 2010 12:15 AM
Ty Petersen wrote:Heh all in good fun man, close to calgary or anything?

Hell im up for just cruisin one of these nights to like denny's or tim hortons or somethin

Nah, another northerner. Grande Prairie, to be exact. More northern than most of the people here (except Nikki, unless she lives on the south side of town). I may be in almost any area of Alberta if we decide to do a road trip this summer. I get three weeks vacation time starting this year, so I'll have time at some point to take a drive.

I'd love to actually talk to other people face to face that are into cars, though. Almost everyone up here is into car audio and bad suspension setups, or they went to Custom Truck Toys and had them lift their near stock Dodge 1500, and add 500 lbs of chrome bits and light bars.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Thursday, April 01, 2010 8:23 AM
NY Tort Scam wrote:
Ty Petersen wrote:Heh all in good fun man, close to calgary or anything?

Nah, another northerner. Grande Prairie, to be exact. More northern than most of the people here (except Nikki, unless she lives on the south side of town). I may be in almost any area of Alberta if we decide to do a road trip this summer. I get three weeks vacation time starting this year, so I'll have time at some point to take a drive.

I'd love to actually talk to other people face to face that are into cars, though. Almost everyone up here is into car audio and bad suspension setups, or they went to Custom Truck Toys and had them lift their near stock Dodge 1500, and add 500 lbs of chrome bits and light bars.

Yea i live on the southside in country club in Grande Prairie
and you are definitely talking about that hot wheels, Canadian tire red dodge hahah i laugh every time i see it.
Yea everyone's into the whole "lift 'em high" trucks and laugh at the little sunflower sedan with 18's haha but i am all about car audio LOVES IT! lol i need to get a lip kit of something on my car tho and lower it

Thursday, April 01, 2010 11:54 AM
Then I am probably the most northern on this region at least (Swanavon). We used to have a guy that had a lifted truck across the street. Another Dodge Diesel of course. Have you seen the Impala with a Grand Am spoiler on it?

2010 Honda Fit LX
Thursday, April 01, 2010 12:22 PM
NY Tort Scam wrote:Then I am probably the most northern on this region at least (Swanavon). We used to have a guy that had a lifted truck across the street. Another Dodge Diesel of course. Have you seen the Impala with a Grand Am spoiler on it?

haha yea i had to look at it twice i was like wtf? i saw it last summer
That black newer style sunfire with the decals and the huge wing he sold it so hopefully the new owner gets rid of that wing and "flower" rims lol
theres a white Grand am in town now that has a body kit on it and a red mazda that i always see at canadian tire
Then there is Wes hes got the widebody skyline in white.. nice car!
OH and yesterday i saw the replica fast and furious supra driving (the orange one) its nice ive seen inside it i cant find the pics or i would post them its got blue carbon fiber interior
haha
it's like people watching but watching for exciting car to pop up both ugly and sweet haha im tired of seeing done up trucks IMO MORE cars!
I bet you have seen me driving around with my bass haha

Thursday, April 01, 2010 11:02 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw you once last year. Say, is the red Mazda a 1st gen 6 that maybe hasn't been around in a while? If so, It's my brother in law's car. The only skylines I've seen were the stock looking white one, the blue one painted Bayside Blue Metallic (GT-R R34 Colour), and the ONLY Supras I know of are 1 Mk2 and a Mk3 that hasn't been insured or on the road for almost 7 years. There was another Mk3 for a while, but I think the guy who owned it moved, because I haven't seen it in a couple years, and it used to be around the downtown core a lot.

The first manager I worked with had an Acura NSX. It was a cool car. He used to give me rides home when my wife would take the car to work. He even drove it in the winter.

My car is kinda hard to pick out right now. Just a plain Corolla with no hub caps.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Friday, April 02, 2010 9:09 AM
Grande Prairie is funny I'm just glad I do not have to drive up there to see people that can't drive, or mod a vehicle, my paint looks like ass but everything else is going nicely

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Friday, April 02, 2010 10:59 AM
haha i agree with the above that people can't drive lol its a good thing i'm paying attention cuz the amount of people cut you off, don't signal is crazy! or sometimes just stop in the middle of the road...bunch of retards lol
Yea i need to get my cars exterior "up to snuff" lip kit lowered re-painted stock evil eyes and actually shave my trunk and front bumper and get an new back bumper from a cavy and intergrate my reverse lights into my tails then the exterior should be done besides custom headlights that im really not sure i want to spend 650 to get them done

for the mazda I think so im not sure tho. its kind of a nicer red like almost a candy apple red
and audio concepts also built that "godzilla" skyline that they had at drag wars last year

Friday, April 02, 2010 4:31 PM
edmontons track is just way better prepped and most people run 3/10ths quicker in edmonton opposed to calgary.

if you go to the track in edmonton give me a shout and i could come up with the jeep or the cavy, jeep should be getting a vortech shortly as well and going for 11's in the daily driver lol

Friday, April 02, 2010 5:24 PM
AJ B wrote:Grande Prairie is funny I'm just glad I do not have to drive up there to see people that can't drive, or mod a vehicle, my paint looks like ass but everything else is going nicely

Speaking of paint, I used to go past a POS Kia something that had a "custom" paint job. It looked to be done with rattle cans, was abut a 1/5" thick and was chipping in spots. It also had a brutal orange peel texture.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Sunday, April 04, 2010 9:20 PM
Anybody else get over-fed today? I swear my in-laws are going to kill me with food.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Sunday, April 04, 2010 10:35 PM
under fed here. . . . self inflicted though. . . too much pain to even really walk. . .

Monday, April 05, 2010 7:41 AM
Went to Bonanza... Was in pain, but it no one's fault but my own. Those perogies are soooooooo gooooooooooooood!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 12:12 PM
just got back to the hotel from the etown pick n pull picked up and 03 sunfire dash pad and cavi guages and the hvac cover woot woot finally now i just need to get my cavi rear bumper they had one there in silver (PERFECT!) but then there was a couple cracks in various parts of the bumper...damnit! at least i got some new stuff to plug into my sunfire
they just were bringing in a couple sunfires as while i was in there but they are 02 older

Thursday, April 15, 2010 9:29 PM
I did not know you were in town....

Wait? Did any of us know you were in town? 0_o
Thursday, April 15, 2010 9:42 PM
none of us did.

DAMMIT NIKKI!!!! you're supposed to TEXT me when you're in the farking city!

Thursday, April 15, 2010 10:16 PM
haha aj knew lol
im sorry i was only in town for a day mostly a couple hours it felt like
this summer i will come down for a meet lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search