winter boredome. - Page 17 - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: winter boredom.
Friday, March 04, 2011 9:34 PM
This is a post because no one has posted on here for a week.

2010 Honda Fit LX

Saturday, March 05, 2011 4:59 PM
fml.

hungover like a mad hatter.

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Saturday, March 05, 2011 6:39 PM
Drink less next time?

2010 Honda Fit LX
Sunday, March 06, 2011 8:24 AM
sp guys looks like I might be coming back to alberta and spending alot of time at wreckers lol:p

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Sunday, March 06, 2011 9:07 AM
@!#$.

and just when I thought we got rid of you too.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Sunday, March 06, 2011 12:36 PM
long story that I don't really want to get into right now, but then again, PG has no picknpull so that kind of helped alot also

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Sunday, March 06, 2011 12:53 PM
Good, that means we can start working on my project.
Sunday, March 06, 2011 4:17 PM
numbnuts, are you forgetting Brad and I?

Sunday, March 06, 2011 6:19 PM
I thought you hated the LD9? lol
Sunday, March 06, 2011 8:09 PM
Prince George? What were you doing in that corner of hell, AJ? Unless I got a really good job (and it would have to be like, blow job critic or breast massage therapist), I'd never live there.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Sunday, March 06, 2011 8:13 PM
Hey, I was from Smithers which was even worse.

Sunday, March 06, 2011 8:23 PM
lol, PG is nicer weather thats about it lol, but though would be better living a bit closer to my son, was wrong there, and Brian what is your project? bring engine to 8k rpm? I can help you there lol, I still havent done the clutch yet, up here in BC its BS, cant do nothing to vehicles

Monday, March 07, 2011 5:49 AM
I'm thinking the car is due for another LD9 in the spring/summer.
Monday, March 07, 2011 12:35 PM
lol, whats wrong with it now? how many km are on her? you might not need new one

Monday, March 07, 2011 1:14 PM
297K and the bugger is misfiring on cold starts and running rough idle as always. Last two things to check are battery and fuel filter. If those two things won't fix the rough idle and lack of power, I am giving up on the motor.
Monday, March 07, 2011 2:53 PM
lol, geesh could be a number of things really,
1)fuel filter can give rough idle and lack of power, but not a misfire....
2) vacuum leak ( so common its scarey), can cause rough idle, not all the time will it mess with the tach
3)the cat(but think you said you changed that), will cause rough idle and poor power
4) coils (make sure they are good), the 2.4 are very picky, and make sure you ran the wires right(think you did the 2.2 swap)
5) wires could be worn, or be damaged(sometimes you won't know just by looking at them)
6) make sure your plugs are gapped between .48-.55 and most of all makes sure either ac delco, or the ones I use with great luck are the Champion platinum
7) the battery will not cause any of those symptoms, but if it starts on cold mornings=still good lmao
8)check your alt. sadly even a pulley going bad can cause that, 7 years as an automotive tech speas for itself.
9)clean your map and/or IAC, both can and wil cause rough idle, and even a "sling-shot" effect when driving
10) make sure your TB is clean, see where the dirt and debris from TB killing sensors
11) Airfilter, could be dirty or not put in properly( not saying yours is)
Those are the things to look at, if none of those fix your problem then not sure seeing as I am not there to look at it (would be able to tell if was there). But thats the list common on the cars, Im not sure if missed something but doubt it

Monday, March 07, 2011 3:49 PM
1. The cat was replaced with a Magnaflow hi-flow cat.
2. The alternator was changed back in December - brand new Hitachi 105W.
3. The plugs are new - AC Delco Professional Platinums gapped at .050.
4. I did the 2.2 coil swap using a '98 2200 ICM with the coils. I checked the wiring again and it's all good. The resistance on the coils is good too. I did a spark check and all four plugs are firing.
5. I cleaned the TB and IAC back in December. The TB is spotless but I have yet to check the IAC again. I didn't clean the MAP... maybe I should.
Monday, March 07, 2011 5:59 PM
ICM NO NO!!!!!!!!!!, all you do is use 2.4 ICM and color match the wires, its not that hard, look at my pictures on facebook, very simple, 2.2 ICM asking for trouble.you may also have to replace IAC and MAP, not guarenty though

Monday, March 07, 2011 6:07 PM
My car is performing the same with the 2.2 ICM vs the 2.4 ICM, I've seen others do the 2.2 ICM conversion and not have an issue.
Monday, March 07, 2011 6:11 PM
you should of done it my way less problems, I havent had problem since I done it, if anything my car runs so much better, dont make me kick you when I get there, looks like might be there before end of the month

Monday, March 07, 2011 6:17 PM
As per the pictures I've seen of your engine bay per 06/2010, it looks like exactly what you did. I see a 2200 ICM with two coil packs on top, with the harness plugged into the 6+2 connectors.

Monday, March 07, 2011 6:37 PM
meh i need sleep lol

Monday, March 07, 2011 6:39 PM
Hah... yeah Misnblu hacked his 2.4 ICM for the coil conversion, but I wasn't going to go that far.
Monday, March 07, 2011 6:42 PM
ya pain in the ass, but I am betting its your ignition setup

Monday, March 07, 2011 7:00 PM
Nope, she was running like sh** with the original setup.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search