Haha - Grand AM for $13,500? - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Haha - Grand AM for $13,500?
Monday, April 18, 2011 9:41 AM
http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2000-Pontiac-Grand-Am-GT-Coupe-W0QQAdIdZ267203925

Seriously, who the eff is going to buy an 11 year old Grand AM for $13,500? The effn thing just screams rice-a-roni.

Re: Haha - Grand AM for $13,500?
Monday, April 18, 2011 10:25 AM
Brian E wrote:http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2000-Pontiac-Grand-Am-GT-Coupe-W0QQAdIdZ267203925

Seriously, who the eff is going to buy an 11 year old Grand AM for $13,500? The effn thing just screams rice-a-roni.

A: The person who is willing to buy it?....

Monday, April 18, 2011 11:58 AM
The kids that work on the rigs and/or have trust funds know to buy something better than that. My point is that no matter how much you put into a GA, it's still a GA and still holds low resale value.
Monday, April 18, 2011 8:46 PM
HA! I remember that car, the NOS kit is fairly new, the engine was redone after Brad kicked its butt lol, he use to go to the meets on fridays

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Wednesday, April 20, 2011 1:17 AM
Hey! It has that wing that never looks good on anything! Typical Alberta idiot...

2010 Honda Fit LX
Friday, April 22, 2011 6:08 PM
Brian E wrote:The kids that work on the rigs know to buy something better than that.

Wow, this effin stereotype gets old quickly. Try working up here, it's different than you can imagine......

Anyway, the car is absolutely hideous.....oh my....

Friday, April 22, 2011 6:58 PM
Remember there are alot of people on here who want 10k plus for cavaliers. Personally I wouldn't sell my Sunfire for less than 11k. Will I ever get that, No, but if parted I could get more than that so to each his own... on a side note that car is fukugly
Sunday, April 24, 2011 10:18 PM
Erik Nyman wrote:
Brian E wrote:The kids that work on the rigs know to buy something better than that.

Wow, this effin stereotype gets old quickly. Try working up here, it's different than you can imagine......

Hardly a stereotype at all. Everyone knows that black collar work pays the most for the least amount of education required. I/T here has dried up faster than the collapse of the US economy, and I/T was something this Province was known for.
Saturday, April 30, 2011 6:18 PM
Brian E wrote:
Erik Nyman wrote:

Hardly a stereotype at all. Everyone knows that black collar work pays the most for the least amount of education required. I/T here has dried up faster than the collapse of the US economy, and I/T was something this Province was known for.

Hardly a stereotype at all? I beg to differ.

Least amount of education required? I'm sorry, but isn't a basic IT Course 9 months? Hmmmm....my trade is 4 years, not including that Electrical Engineering Degree I've got.... Yes the IT industry has gone south in Alberta. Then relocate to a new province that has a better market. Go where the work is or make a career change. It's never too late.

I still don't understand how people assume that everyone up here is similar and 'rig pigs' get marked into this demeaning category....essentially by others who have never seen the work or taken the time to learn the finer details about the industry.

Yes, there are a couple trades up here (scaffolding and insulation) that maybe fit that category, but the thousands of 'Black Collar' Electricians, Instrumentation Techs, Welders, Power Linesmen, Pipefitters, Crane Ops, Millrights, Ironworkers and Snubbers (do you even know what career a snubber is?) do not.

Ty to explain your stereotype to probably the most respected guy on Alberta, and possibly the entire forum if he makes it to the next southern Alberta meet....maybe you need that second opinion because mine isn't as 'valid' as you would like. Yes, all 'Snubbers' spend a @!#$load of cash and are dirty, greasy, 'Black Collar' workers.

Take your IT job to another province, or stay with your 50k a year, vote Liberal, and keep that stereotype going!

Saturday, April 30, 2011 6:37 PM
That car looks worth it...
*Custom Trunk $2,000
*Custom Paint $1,000
*Wing $10,000
*Grand AM $500
Idiot with money... Priceless.

(* Prices may be off a little...)

Sunday, May 01, 2011 10:49 AM
Erik Nyman wrote:
Brian E wrote:
Erik Nyman wrote:

Hardly a stereotype at all? I beg to differ.

Least amount of education required? I'm sorry, but isn't a basic IT Course 9 months? Hmmmm....my trade is 4 years, not including that Electrical Engineering Degree I've got.... Yes the IT industry has gone south in Alberta. Then relocate to a new province that has a better market. Go where the work is or make a career change. It's never too late.

Sorry kid. My course was way longer than that and I also have 18 years of experience to back up for what I do. Certifications don't mean squat in my industry, and there are too many 'bookworms' for which I have to correct their mistakes.

I still don't understand how people assume that everyone up here is similar and 'rig pigs' get marked into this demeaning category....essentially by others who have never seen the work or taken the time to learn the finer details about the industry.

Isn't it fricken obvious to you? Alberta works of an oil based economy. Even a basic chainman (which one can start at 16) and with all the danger pay they get, it makes up to a lot more than what I get in return. Companies are merely hiring anyone that has a safety certificate that meets the demands of the client.

Yes, there are a couple trades up here (scaffolding and insulation) that maybe fit that category, but the thousands of 'Black Collar' Electricians, Instrumentation Techs, Welders, Power Linesmen, Pipefitters, Crane Ops, Millrights, Ironworkers and Snubbers (do you even know what career a snubber is?) do not.

You don't even know what Black Collar means with that remark. Black refers to OIL. Grey Collar applies to all the other trades that you just rambled off. And yes, I know what a snubber is; A term for drilling.

Ty to explain your stereotype to probably the most respected guy on Alberta, and possibly the entire forum if he makes it to the next southern Alberta meet....maybe you need that second opinion because mine isn't as 'valid' as you would like. Yes, all 'Snubbers' spend a @!#$load of cash and are dirty, greasy, 'Black Collar' workers.

I got out of the J-Body scene a month ago, so I don't need your buddy to 'explain' anything.

Take your IT job to another province, or stay with your 50k a year, vote Liberal, and keep that stereotype going!

Sure, continue to vote Conversative so that we can get C-32 going, UBB, and continue to keep photo radar in Alberta. Hope your proud to support Capitalism and know where it's getting you.

Sunday, May 01, 2011 7:01 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

sometimes, "ignorance" is bliss.

in this case, ignorance = calgary kid who thinks he knows what's going on up here.

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search