New Alberta car club!!?!??! - Page 4 - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: New Alberta car club!!?!??!
Wednesday, August 10, 2011 1:46 PM
unruhjonny wrote:


But One Clean Cavy made it to the show 'n shine - it was nice to see a custom turbo'd twin cam ~ I hear so rarely of them... and his car did live up to his user name


Thanks man.

As far as being "outclassed" I dont think is the issue. More along the lines of people have written off there cars or have moved on to different platforms etc. Class is all what you make it. If you look at it that way unless you have a Ferrari/Lambo/Veyron etc. your always going to be outclassed. Its something different and out of the ordinary to me anyways, to have a nice cav or fire. They do exist in bunches just not in this neck of the woods.

Good to meet up with you guys at the show n shine. I did not get a chance to meet any of the cobalt guys but maybe il make it out to another gathering sometime soon.



PS Scott. Id really like to see your cav one day and possibly do a photo shoot together. Let me know if your ever down here in Calg.


"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae

Re: New Alberta car club!!?!??!
Wednesday, August 10, 2011 4:46 PM
onecleancavy wrote:

... As far as being "outclassed" I dont think is the issue. More along the lines of people have written off there cars or have moved on to different platforms etc. ...


I saw this already happening when I bought my cobalt...

onecleancavy wrote:

...I did not get a chance to meet any of the cobalt guys but maybe il make it out to another gathering sometime soon. ...


What?

Am I chopped liver?

LOL

Actually one of the two Cobalt SS guys who showed up seems pretty cool, but the other spewed so much misinformation and or hype about his own car, it might have been better that you didn't talk to him...
(IMHO people like that seem to bring down the whole group )

This link should work because it's "public", but this is from the cruise we had earlier this year (mine's the yellow one);
http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn137/unruhjonny/GM%20Tuners%20of%20Calgary/


signatures are for loosers.
Re: New Alberta car club!!?!??!
Thursday, August 11, 2011 11:24 AM
well most in Calgary are not modded right, or stock, or badly put together(not pointing fingers), hate to say it but Edmonton has better J's then Calgary, hell even in Prince George here, few nice j's rolling around, hell my new car is one of the better ones without a kit

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Re: New Alberta car club!!?!??!
Thursday, August 11, 2011 12:00 PM
To each their own I guess. Hell it beats the amount of civics here in Kelowna that are modded (even though some are getting nailed for the noise by-law we have here). Then again we have a shop in town dedicated to those guys.
Re: New Alberta car club!!?!??!
Thursday, August 11, 2011 2:39 PM
ummm, I'm pretty sure I'm the last Edmonton J up this way (other than one kitted Sunfire I saw today on my way to work) and I'm broken



JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Re: New Alberta car club!!?!??!
Thursday, August 11, 2011 3:07 PM
AJ B wrote:

hate to say it but Edmonton has better J's then Calgary


I demand proof. Im willing to bet both cities are in the same boat as far as modded j's go.


"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Re: New Alberta car club!!?!??!
Thursday, August 11, 2011 3:37 PM
Kris most ppl in edmonton dont mod unless done proper, sure some ruin it, but like in Calgary there is an org member that ruined respect from a few and he close to calgary and brad dont forget garret, and Jarid

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Re: New Alberta car club!!?!??!
Thursday, August 11, 2011 4:05 PM
AJ B wrote:

Kris most ppl in edmonton dont mod unless done proper, sure some ruin it, but like in Calgary there is an org member that ruined respect from a few and he close to calgary and brad dont forget garret, and Jarid


Im going to have to disagree with you there. There both the same. For you to say that most people do there mods proper there and think its any different here is crazy talk. There are tastefully done cars and hooched out cars in both cities. Iv been to Edmonton and the scene is the same as it is here in Calgary.

Just because one member thats close to here ruined it for you does not mean we all are the same here or that most of us here dont mod our cars proper. I realise your not talking directly about me and do know that there is some decent cars here but its almost like you have this jagged view because someone here spewed some trash or disrespected some of you Edmonton members. To just say that a city which has damb near the same people in it and is in the same province as Edmonton is any different just seems crazy.

Im not disrespecting you in anyway, just trying to gather some info on your statement. Iv met a few Edmonton members, some bad and some were great people, some had nice cars and some did not, but im not going to just outright say we have better cars here or that we mod our cars better, that just seems dis-respectfull to me. Like saying we are lower class here or something along those lines because of a memeber you didnt get along with.


"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Re: New Alberta car club!!?!??!
Thursday, August 11, 2011 6:58 PM
nothing against you man the one that I was talking about knows who he is, you car is great, like a lil sleeper, but when I went to Calgary I was not impressed but then again some in edmonton I dont like either, I originally come from Ontario and as we know thats where most of the "show" j's are located, but to mod a car, to look like yours or mine is great but for most they go fart cannons, or rims without "proper drop" and stuff like that, dont get me wrong look at Brad's old car lol (sorry Brad had to)

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Re: New Alberta car club!!?!??!
Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:10 PM
wait, AJ's car is good looking? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.



ok, with that out of the way, Garret doesn't really count as who knows what he's going to do with that cav at any point soon, and Jarid vanished off the face of the earth, leaving me as the only "modded" J in the Edmonton area who continues to post and mod his car.


NOTE, I included "mod his car" for a reason. I know there is one or 2 others here in E-town who do post up, though I haven't seen any recent mods done to the cars.



JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Re: New Alberta car club!!?!??!
Thursday, August 11, 2011 8:18 PM
dude!

am I reading this right - you '99 Z24 is n/a and running 14's!?

with 2.3 & 2.4 60'??

wow... what the crap am I doing wrong!?
(maybe it's all about the track!?)




signatures are for loosers.

Re: New Alberta car club!!?!??!
Thursday, August 11, 2011 8:20 PM
not that I can edit that... but it was directed at AJ


signatures are for loosers.
Re: New Alberta car club!!?!??!
Thursday, August 11, 2011 10:05 PM
its not so much the power, my car was light, built, and I have been racing at tracks for years, but 14's is not hard at all

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Re: New Alberta car club!!?!??!
Thursday, August 11, 2011 10:53 PM
dude - I am ALL ears if you're willing to give pointers...



signatures are for loosers.
Re: New Alberta car club!!?!??!
Friday, August 12, 2011 2:25 AM
onecleancavy wrote:

unruhjonny wrote:


But One Clean Cavy made it to the show 'n shine - it was nice to see a custom turbo'd twin cam ~ I hear so rarely of them... and his car did live up to his user name


Thanks man.

As far as being "outclassed" I dont think is the issue. More along the lines of people have written off there cars or have moved on to different platforms etc. Class is all what you make it. If you look at it that way unless you have a Ferrari/Lambo/Veyron etc. your always going to be outclassed. Its something different and out of the ordinary to me anyways, to have a nice cav or fire. They do exist in bunches just not in this neck of the woods.

Good to meet up with you guys at the show n shine. I did not get a chance to meet any of the cobalt guys but maybe il make it out to another gathering sometime soon.



PS Scott. Id really like to see your cav one day and possibly do a photo shoot together. Let me know if your ever down here in Calg.


sounds like a plan

theres a bunch of j's in the edmonton area but the guys dont post/deal with the org bs, one runs consistant low 12's on the stock engine and a couple others running boosted eco's

no matter where you go the usual showing for the j body is a rimmed/lowered car with damn near nothing done and thats it, we have a @!#$ after market and usually have to do things on our own




Re: New Alberta car club!!?!??!
Friday, August 12, 2011 6:30 AM
LAFNGAS wrote:

...
theres a bunch of j's in the edmonton area but the guys dont post/deal with the org bs, one runs consistant low 12's on the stock engine and a couple others running boosted eco's

no matter where you go the usual showing for the j body is a rimmed/lowered car with damn near nothing done and thats it, we have a @!#$ after market and usually have to do things on our own


come on. the highest horsepower any j-body got was 150 - there's no way you can run high 12's with <150hp unless you literally stip EVERYTHING off of it - then do cutting to further lighten it...

maybe he's telling you that he's stock...

what is it?
(year drivetrain ect)


signatures are for loosers.
Re: New Alberta car club!!?!??!
Friday, August 12, 2011 7:15 AM
unruhjonny wrote:

LAFNGAS wrote:

...
theres a bunch of j's in the edmonton area but the guys dont post/deal with the org bs, one runs consistant low 12's on the stock engine and a couple others running boosted eco's

no matter where you go the usual showing for the j body is a rimmed/lowered car with damn near nothing done and thats it, we have a @!#$ after market and usually have to do things on our own


come on. the highest horsepower any j-body got was 150 - there's no way you can run high 12's with


didnt really elaborate, stock 00 2.4 running 13psi of boost and has like 200+kms on it. 00 2.4, f23 getrag 5 spd




Re: New Alberta car club!!?!??!
Friday, August 12, 2011 8:28 AM
haha Scott is talking about Levi, he is boosted, 12's is not that hard to get just need imagination and money haha, and a patient girlfriend/wife. Im going to try and get low 14s up here in the mountains haha then should be able to get 13s in edmonton

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Re: New Alberta car club!!?!??!
Friday, August 12, 2011 9:19 AM
LAFNGAS wrote:


no matter where you go the usual showing for the j body is a rimmed/lowered car with damn near nothing done and thats it, we have a @!#$ after market and usually have to do things on our own


Agreed!

Keep me posted as to when you may be availible

AJ B wrote:

12's is not that hard to get just need imagination and money haha, and a patient girlfriend/wife.


Lol, the patient gf is key to 12's for sure


"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Re: New Alberta car club!!?!??!
Friday, August 12, 2011 1:37 PM
oh ya so true, mine makes me fix her car alot lol, and still need the new tranny put in, have some goodies in there , as well as the engine somewhat better

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Re: New Alberta car club!!?!??!
Friday, August 12, 2011 5:42 PM
or no gf at all, lol.



JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!

Re: New Alberta car club!!?!??!
Friday, August 12, 2011 10:15 PM
AJ B wrote:

haha Scott is talking about Levi, he is boosted, 12's is not that hard to get just need imagination and money haha, and a patient girlfriend/wife. Im going to try and get low 14s up here in the mountains haha then should be able to get 13s in edmonton


if 12's arent that hard to get, how about you stop writing about it on these forums and get to it????

you have yet to come to the track when we all go and hit even a 14 for us and 13's in edmonton............ n/a without any nitrous............ not gonna happen, id love to have you prove me wrong but all this wasted time on the forum talking about it sure isnt helping getting you there at all.

were you still wanting those parts, i was going through my shops sea can and everything is still in the corner when you wanted everything




Re: New Alberta car club!!?!??!
Saturday, August 13, 2011 8:41 AM
so how often do any locals (Calgarians) get together?

how often do any of you meet up at castrol?


signatures are for loosers.
Re: New Alberta car club!!?!??!
Saturday, August 13, 2011 9:02 AM
LAFNGAS wrote:

AJ B wrote:

haha Scott is talking about Levi, he is boosted, 12's is not that hard to get just need imagination and money haha, and a patient girlfriend/wife. Im going to try and get low 14s up here in the mountains haha then should be able to get 13s in edmonton


if 12's arent that hard to get, how about you stop writing about it on these forums and get to it????

you have yet to come to the track when we all go and hit even a 14 for us and 13's in edmonton............ n/a without any nitrous............ not gonna happen, id love to have you prove me wrong but all this wasted time on the forum talking about it sure isnt helping getting you there at all.

were you still wanting those parts, i was going through my shops sea can and everything is still in the corner when you wanted everything


why can't I find the bowing smilie?



JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Re: New Alberta car club!!?!??!
Saturday, August 13, 2011 9:07 AM
scott I might swing by that way if I ever get back in edmonton, I live in BC now, but wont be back in alberta untill my new tranny is in, and I have a block as I will use the old engine now just trying to track down the 2.3 oiling crap. and scott I am meaning in general, n/a a j may never hit 12's Paul was close, and I would need to get rid of 1.4 seconds on the quarter (doubtful n/a, but a turbo or juiced j, hell ya 12's wouldnt be hard to get with a good driver, hell look at your car I know damn well you could hit 11's or 12's with your build.and I did hit the 14's but havent been to the track since, I do plan on running up here before the end of the month. besides that curious how much more weight would my sunroof be? lol, I have too take that much more off somewhere else , scott go on facebook, and see the new car, she is at least shiny , its similar to Colin's old car from JCO, and my sides spoiler and lip are being done now, trying to get the mold done for a technic lip, and still have to remove the a/c from the car, and get the ho cams installed proper, bought the car with them in but they left stock springs, retainers, and lifters , and used stock oiling so I would never hit the powerband

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search