**Summer Boredom** - Page 12 - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: **Summer Boredom**
Saturday, April 09, 2011 1:51 PM
keep z as beater/fun car lol, and fusion....... , anything ford after 6 years of fixing them........yuck, truly is Fix or Repair daily, but then again I can list everything that ever goes wrong with those things lol

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen

Saturday, April 09, 2011 11:15 PM
One of the times I would have to agree with aj, but than again j bodies don't have the best track record in some peoples books either. although pulling up in a fusion does not look as bad as pulling up in most cavaliers among other things

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...
Sunday, April 10, 2011 9:39 AM
I'm actually happy to get out of the J's, as they seem to be never ending money pits. My '02 Sunfire went through a fuel pump, clutch, lower rad hose, and 3 ignition coils within a year and a half. The '99 Z needed front wheel bearings, a catalytic converter, and now it needs to have the suspension replaced as a stock J suspension can't handle Edmonton's bad roads. All the money could have gone into something better, but I need a car for a commute of 60+K's in one day for five days a week.
Monday, April 11, 2011 10:33 AM
I can't wait. I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it, I know, I know, I know I'm bout to loose control and I think I like it.

either road tripping, or flying out to Ontario to pick up something that I left behind when I moved out!!!!! NO MORE MODDING THE J!!!!!!!!!!! for a little while at least, lol.

oh, and I got a trans yesterday. I forgot how much of a pain it was taking out the transmission.

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Monday, April 11, 2011 11:50 AM
Ya...I did an oil change on the Z24 and the '69 this past weekend...& got it ready to put back on the road after hibernating all winter long in the garage...getting them both ready for summer

1972 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray LT1
2008 Chevrolet Colorado, Crew Cab, 3.7L I5, 4X4

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 8:05 AM
So the '99 is now up for grabs as I have the Fusion in my possession now. $500 for it all - No parting out as the complete car needs to be removed from the driveway. New parts are an alternator and catalytic converter. Garret's wheel hubs are still doing good. If you want to put in on the road you will need a windshield, suspension, and brakes as they are due for replacement.
Wednesday, April 13, 2011 7:38 PM
ha!!!, I know how feels to do work to pass a car now lol, my car failed first inspection........for stupid reasons.....
1) they claim my rear passenger strut was leaking(wet mark was from brake clean when I put new shoes in rear(well ones from red car))
2) they did not like my engine bay(could not understand the wires, due to not being stock)
3) they said cruise-control did not work(look in engine bay hmmmm appears was removed as has nothing to do with out of provinces)
4)they claimed my seats did not work(took out racing seats and put in almost brand news sunfire seats, bolted to OEM specs)
5)they said have exhaust leak(would love to know where afterall that exhaust was put on within last 5 months, and I cant hear it)
6)they claimed I had too much aftermarket parts on body/exterior ( if anyone can find aftermarket other then hood, be my guess)
7)they complained about my trunk something about ducttape and zipties( duct-tape is for that white piece you put the wire into to pull latch(broke), and zipties cause was too lazy to remove
8)they said my battery was too small for the car(hmmmm thats interesting.....
9)they complained about rear window tint( law states I have side mirrors therefore is legal)

so......so far have yet to know how I failed......meh, if another shop says battery relocate wont fail damn thing going in trunk and bastards cant complain about my stereo

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Wednesday, April 13, 2011 10:14 PM
I can only imagine how my inspection for the Z will go. Part of me wants to get rid of it. Then I look out in the backyard, usually when the sun is going down, and you can see what it looked like in its prime, and I just can't do it.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Thursday, April 14, 2011 9:06 AM
Tony T Crams wrote:I can only imagine how my inspection for the Z will go. Part of me wants to get rid of it. Then I look out in the backyard, usually when the sun is going down, and you can see what it looked like in its prime, and I just can't do it.

haha I feel the same way about mine! I want a new vehicle but i don't know if i can part with it

Thursday, April 14, 2011 11:51 AM
ya well with the money I put it this, better for me to not part with it, shes been a good car, 5xx,xxxkm on the clock, so can't complain, Im saying srew it and moving battery to trunk now lol, they said as long in box and strapped down lol, so relocate is going to happen , now if I knew how to relocate the damn fuse box under the hood, or run engine harness so can be hidden then would be awesome , and I will be mounting coils where battery use to be, so BC can kiss my butt hehehe, I miss driving the car, I just got a set of "new" handles, and mirrors coming and black projectors and then I will either tint corners amber OR find a black set since cant find used 1 piece projectors.

Thursday, April 14, 2011 9:52 PM
Once you've got money in it, you never want to let it go. Besides, in good shape, Gen 2 Zs are still $1500-2000 around here.

2010 Honda Fit LX

Thursday, April 14, 2011 10:44 PM
gen 2 bird for me. not a fan of the Z's at all. but I would be more than happy with a Z cowl induction hood on a birdy.

Friday, April 15, 2011 12:03 AM
My perfect gen 2 would be:

Phase 1 Z24 body kit
Sunbird Headlights
Sunbird Trunk, spoiler, and tails
Z24 Hood
V6
5 Speed
3rd gen seats
Jegs half cage
VSX FG fenders (makes the car less prone to rust, and more balanced)
Z24 sway bars/STB

2010 Honda Fit LX
Friday, April 15, 2011 9:41 AM
meh I miss the old '91 lol, 3400 turboed, with an authentic NOS kit hehe, running 16 rims, not trunk or back seat, redid dash with piece of sheet metal, but then again was not a daily driver lol

Friday, April 15, 2011 10:23 PM
@!#$ the V6. 2.0 Turbo FTMFW.

Saturday, April 16, 2011 11:15 AM
I wouldn't go with the 2.0 turbo bird over a V6. My old 2200 walked turbo birds with ease.
I miss my old 92 phase 1. canuck springs, fidanza clutch, and beretta rims. Bought it off Kurtis from jspeed and was going to put a 3.4 back into it but I ran into money problems and the car needed too much work. It was a fun car the few times I bagged it though!

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...
Saturday, April 16, 2011 6:45 PM
Brad (flatblackfire) wrote:@!#$ the V6. 2.0 Turbo FTMFW.

I like the turbo engine, but the V6 is better to work on when things go wrong. Sure, its cramped, but parts are cheap and plentiful because they put that V6 in everything from the cavalier to full size sedans to vans. I'm surprised it wasn't an option in the Metro and other subcompacts (although strictly speaking, those are mostly a Suzuki design iirc.)

2010 Honda Fit LX
Sunday, April 17, 2011 12:27 PM
Ty Petersen wrote:I wouldn't go with the 2.0 turbo bird over a V6. My old 2200 walked turbo birds with ease.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH. you know the fastest production J was the 2.0 Turbo birds at low 14 second passes right? you must have been driving like an ass or something when you "walked" them. not all drivers are out there racing around like punk kids you know.

oh, and after reading some of your other posts, I generally just ignore them, but dude, quit posting up how you "race" other cars out on public roads. It's unsafe and just rediculous. Gives proper car tuners a bad rep with local police and the general community.

Sunday, April 17, 2011 7:05 PM
Haha don't go all preachy preach to me, I'm not going to lie and say I never race. Like you've never raced anyone, cmon. I've seen an old guy in a ford gt against a vette on the QE2 whip past me like I was not moving, to young kids on scooters racing against little hondas. Its not like I'm doing mach one through a play ground zones or anything like that.

As for turbo birds, I still say they aren't the fastest stock j bodies, the one I lined up against was probably on its last legs as it was probaby over 20 years old with tons of kms. And yeah the guy driving it was in my class and wanted to race.

Anyways, I got my 17s on now, and the 235s don't rub at all! So happy!

Monday, April 18, 2011 7:35 AM
2.0 and 2200 both slow lmfao, 2200 is granny engine, and 2.0 relies on a turbo, I run 14s without boost, so hmmmm thing 2.4 wins there lol, sorry couldn't resist hahaha

Monday, April 18, 2011 10:16 AM
The funny thing AJ is that the old 2.0 is still being used as a production engine design.

Monday, April 18, 2011 1:26 PM
Looking at selling the Fire
$2500.00 216 XXX km set of winter tires on steelies and set of 18" Boss 328 rims (little bit of curb damage...oops haha) custom evil eye hood and custom hydro-dipped carbon fiber interior

anybody interested?

I'm looking into a 2010 Chrysler 300C with only 20K on it...very good deal
Oh and Cody (My Fiance) Works at GP Kia New & Used so if you need a car go see him he can get pretty much anything in as well as sell New Mazdas (same owners)
Going to test drive it tonight going to get into it for under $19K if i go through with it.

Monday, April 18, 2011 3:25 PM
You're going to miss the fuel economy of the Sunfire, Nikki.
Monday, April 18, 2011 3:39 PM
~Chick_Nikki~ wrote:I'm looking into a 2010 Chrysler 300C with only 20K on it...very good deal
Going to test drive it tonight going to get into it for under $19K if i go through with it.

Nice Nikki....What size engine you getting in the 300C? 3.5L V6? 5.7L V8? 6.1L V8?

Those are nice cars....im planning on selling my cavy this year too

Monday, April 18, 2011 3:41 PM
Oops....I forgot the 2.7L V6? lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search