winter boredome. - Page 12 - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: winter boredom.
Friday, January 07, 2011 7:37 AM
Ty Petersen wrote:lol it was from an old chop some guy on this site wanted for his car to be on those rims... I just ran across it in my photobucket last night... glad you liked it lol

It reminds me of that caddy or lincoln at powerama ive seen...its lime green with sparkles, raised or has airbags, with 20's or 22's I think...its hideous!

Tony T Crams wrote:It's a clean truck. I don't know why, but I always liked the way tires with white writing on them look. I would think the sound of the engine would give it more presence than a JPG does, though.

I also like the way tires with white writing on em look....but only on trucks...lol and ya you bet the sound of the engine and true dual magnaflow exhaust with full length headers gives it more presence than that pic ...im not gonna lie it no big block, but for a small block it sounds pretty darn good! ...lol ive also set off the odd car alarm revving it in a parking lot

1972 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray LT1
2008 Chevrolet Colorado, Crew Cab, 3.7L I5, 4X4

Friday, January 07, 2011 7:41 AM
T.G.I.F. BOYS!!!!!

Sunday, January 09, 2011 10:46 PM
I've now driven a Jeep Grand Cherokee. The 4WD was nice, but the play in the steering wheel, loose suspension and the multitude of electrical failures make me not want one.

Speaking of electrical failures, can anyone tell me an easy way to find an electrical short? My friend's 95 Cougar grains the battery when you plug in the block heater. When I boosted it from the cav (the dying resurrecting the dead I assure you), there was so little power at first, the lights wouldn't come on.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, January 10, 2011 7:45 PM
did he leave a dome light on or anything by accident?

if not check all your grounds and fuses I would assume

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...
Monday, January 10, 2011 8:41 PM
cavy is good on fuel, its the jeep thats @!#$ty on fuel and the s/c and the stroker arent in yet lol

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 12:36 AM
Ty Petersen wrote:did he leave a dome light on or anything by accident?

if not check all your grounds and fuses I would assume

Nope. I checked every switch and knob to make sure it was all off. Never thought to check the fuses. I told him I'd hunt around to help him out since he can't really afford to get it looked at. Lol of the day: My co-worker thinks she can get $15,000 for her 2005 Civic LX.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Tuesday, January 11, 2011 10:01 AM
$15,000 for a base LX, that's priceless. At tops it's worth $7,000, and $8,000 to $9,000 for an EX.
Tuesday, January 11, 2011 6:33 PM
pointing out the blatantly obvious here, but does ANYONE have a 2.2 LN2 parts car? I bloody NEED a transmission yesterday, hahahahah.

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Tuesday, January 11, 2011 8:35 PM
I'd hate to think of pointing you in Dwight's direction for that transmission, but I think he is going to be the only one with a reliable Isuzu for the 2.2.
Tuesday, January 11, 2011 9:47 PM
lol not true well ummm depends what you are looking for lol, I just got one built for lilyth's car , LSD, real isuzu gearing hehe, its going to be mated to the 3400

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Tuesday, January 11, 2011 11:13 PM
All I have in manuals is a Getrag with no reverse.

2010 Honda Fit LX

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 8:42 AM
AJ B wrote:lol not true well ummm depends what you are looking for lol, I just got one built for lilyth's car , LSD, real isuzu gearing hehe, its going to be mated to the 3400

He's looking to get a reliable STOCK Isuzu. He's not building up an LA1 project car. You do know that the MK7 is stronger than the MJ1 right?
Wednesday, January 12, 2011 8:53 AM
Brad (flatblackfire) wrote:pointing out the blatantly obvious here, but does ANYONE have a 2.2 LN2 parts car? I bloody NEED a transmission yesterday, hahahahah.

Check the wreckers around town...you can get it for cheap and they're a dime a dozen!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 8:54 AM
Tony T Crams wrote:All I have in manuals is a Getrag with no reverse.

Sounds like my Getrag with the @!#$ up 1st gear thanks to Crappy Tire doing my clutch replacement

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 10:53 AM
I wouldn't trust them for anything. I don't even buy parts from them anymore unless they're the only place I can get what I need.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Wednesday, January 12, 2011 11:17 AM
I may pay more at NAPA, but it's the only place I go. If I can't find it there, then I go to Rock Auto.
Thursday, January 13, 2011 12:29 AM
Pats and Street & Strip. Usually I check S&S first, since they've been better to me over the years.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Thursday, January 13, 2011 2:20 PM
Brian E wrote:I may pay more at NAPA, but it's the only place I go.

Now that I know I get like a 10-25% company discount on parts, I also go to NAPA.

Thursday, January 13, 2011 2:22 PM
Classic69 wrote:
Tony T Crams wrote:All I have in manuals is a Getrag with no reverse.

Sounds like my Getrag with the @!#$ up 1st gear thanks to Crappy Tire doing my clutch replacement

Ya, I regret taking it to Crappy Tire for my clutch job, they probably @!#$ up the syncro's or something, but it was on a weekend and not many tranny shops are open weekends. Besides ive become acustomed to driving without 1st gear now and taking off in 2nd gear.

Thursday, January 13, 2011 2:25 PM
Im actually thinking of selling my cavy later this year and buying a Chevy Colorado or GMC Canyon, 3.7L I5, crew cab, 4X4, with the off-road Z71 package

Thursday, January 13, 2011 5:30 PM
EFFIN EH!!!! free cars RULE!!!!!!!!!

Thursday, January 13, 2011 5:38 PM
Free car? Who what now?
Thursday, January 13, 2011 7:58 PM
getting a 97 Grand Am GT from a guy I know. he freaked on me when I said I've been walking/bussing everywhere, hahahaha. he just wants it out of his parking stall, hahahahahah.

Thursday, January 13, 2011 8:18 PM
2.4 or 3.1?
Thursday, January 13, 2011 9:58 PM
nice score!

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search