winter boredome. - Page 14 - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: winter boredom.
Tuesday, January 25, 2011 1:31 PM
Ty Petersen wrote:im wondering if anyone knows where I can get the thing tuned this spring in calgary though?

If you want a shop to tune it for you, you might have a bit of trouble finding a place in calgary.

I have phoned/e-mailed everywhere, with no luck. You can forget about davenport motorsports. Even though they use HP Tuners, I asked for a tune and they told me that their tech has ZERO experience with a 4-cylinder.

I would maybe checkout Toma K @ Dynomotive

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 3:12 PM
AJ B wrote:led is a 5 minutes job, and by the way its not an led its a small bulb, can be removed from 95-99 clusters, pop and pull then install.

depends on what bulb went out AJ. mine was an LED that you would have to solder back on. and the ODO bulb IIRC is an LED.

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Tuesday, January 25, 2011 3:22 PM
if its the one behind the ODO, then its a bulb, I replaced 6 of them in the last week for people lol, sucks no matter where I go Icant get away from cars or modding , and because I wanna be a whore lol............

and it looks like replacing axel on red car soon, and working on selling her lowing the car, I do know a set of tokicos

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Tuesday, January 25, 2011 3:28 PM
It is a regular bulb on the Cavalier '95-'98 mechanical and '98-'99 LCD clusters. I can barely see the mileage when the headlights are on, meaning that the clusters bulbs are shining through the odometer. This wasn't the case on the '02 Sunfire odometer LCD display, which used an LED.
Tuesday, January 25, 2011 4:26 PM
Brian go to wreckers and pull one out seriously doesnt take long, my bulbs I grabbed were out to 3 different 96 sunflowers lol, and that was before the flower interior swap, just need patience. yes 00+ used LED for the most part, but then again thats how I did it, you CAN also just remove a cluster out of a sunire in wreckers, MINOR modding needed to do to make work with Cavy dash, and you would never have to worry for some reasons the ODO problem was MAINLY in the Cavies, and not the Flowers, not sure why. but something to look at as VERY easy to do

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Tuesday, January 25, 2011 5:24 PM
AJ B wrote: and you would never have to worry for some reasons the ODO problem was MAINLY in the Cavies, and not the Flowers, not sure why.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. it's common on both cars man, lol. my dad's burned out in 2005, he doesn't give a @!#$ about it though. I've seen it quite a few of them now too. also had a bunch of them come in for sunfire one aswell. so no, not mainly a cav problem.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 5:50 PM
I don't want to see ANY red in my car again! I don't want to be remembered of that @!#$box called a Sunfire that I once owned.
Tuesday, January 25, 2011 5:56 PM
lol the sunflower interior is better anyways lol, but too bad Im so far lol, I found 16 odo bulbs sitting in my trunk lmfao

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 11:35 AM
Brian E wrote:Garret, the hubs work great. Thanks again for getting those to me.

No problemo....they should be good for another 50,000 kms

1972 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray LT1
2008 Chevrolet Colorado, Crew Cab, 3.7L I5, 4X4

Thursday, January 27, 2011 11:09 AM
Erik Nyman wrote:
Ty Petersen wrote:im wondering if anyone knows where I can get the thing tuned this spring in calgary though?

If you want a shop to tune it for you, you might have a bit of trouble finding a place in calgary.

I have phoned/e-mailed everywhere, with no luck. You can forget about davenport motorsports. Even though they use HP Tuners, I asked for a tune and they told me that their tech has ZERO experience with a 4-cylinder.

I would maybe checkout Toma K @ Dynomotive

I dont know who you talked to at Davenport but they have no issues tuning a 4 cylinder. I have been there on numerous occasions and they will be helping me with some dyno time and tuning in the next few months on my cav. You can certainly try there Ty if you like. They seem to be good people over there and have been a lot of help so far for me.

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Saturday, January 29, 2011 1:16 PM
Awesome, I will pop into there shop once im done school at the end of feb to see what they can do for me

Would be nice to have the thing running smoother and making decent power once spring is in full force

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...

Saturday, January 29, 2011 8:23 PM
Does this Dwight guy you guys keep mentioning have any Gen 2s? I really need a working Getrag/Muncie HM-282.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Saturday, January 29, 2011 11:08 PM
No, he only works on the 3rd gens.
Sunday, January 30, 2011 1:12 PM
onecleancavy wrote: dont know who you talked to at Davenport but they have no issues tuning a 4 cylinder. I have been there on numerous occasions and they will be helping me with some dyno time and tuning in the next few months on my cav. You can certainly try there Ty if you like. They seem to be good people over there and have been a lot of help so far for me.

I talked to Namala at Davenport.

I talked to him on the phone, and via e-mail. This was the response I got through the e-mail:

"I discussed this with our tuner. He's had NO experience tuning a turbo 4-cylinder, and he doesn't feel that he would be the best choice for you to tune your vehicle. Sorry"

So I bought HP Tuners, and am doing it myself

Monday, January 31, 2011 4:08 PM
Might not need to worry about it now. There's a guy selling everything I need for a 3800 S/C swap for cheap. If its still there on Friday, it'll be mine. Then I just need to sort out the body work and we'll be golden.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, January 31, 2011 6:50 PM
i'd hope that its cheap... those parts are dime a dozen

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...
Tuesday, February 01, 2011 10:47 AM
$250 for everything.

Quote:

ive got a 3800 supercharged engine and transmission.
its got 170xxx kms and ran great (before car was rolled)
the entire tranmission and subframe is included just needs the passenger side axel.
transmission,
ecu,
wiring harness,
all accessorys.
was $1000 obo now 250 firm
drop it in and enjoy

Pray its all there on Friday...

2010 Honda Fit LX
Tuesday, February 01, 2011 12:30 PM
@!#$ that's cheap. Hopefully it works as well as the guy says it does.
Tuesday, February 01, 2011 7:29 PM
Nice!

Tuesday, February 01, 2011 9:49 PM
So for under a grand, I will have a 240 HP sleeper. Wonder if I can make it 300 HP and obvious...

2010 Honda Fit LX
Tuesday, February 01, 2011 9:58 PM
Oh, and I might have someone buying the old engine + transmission. Just have to get the cav body out to the farm so I have welding equipment and help with the swap.

2010 Honda Fit LX

Wednesday, February 02, 2011 7:33 AM
Anyone here able to fix an exhaust leak? I think I have a bad gasket on the exhaust manifold.
Wednesday, February 02, 2011 5:42 PM
Brian the leaks are easy to fix lol, you would know by the sound where its coming from, Tony hate to be the guys for bad news but 3800???? Good luck not as easy as you think the 3400 is easy as hell but 3800 hope you like fabricating lmfao, and yes I would know, thats why my 91 Z ended up being 3400 turbo charged, WAY TOO MUCH WORK for the 3800 swap

Wednesday, February 02, 2011 9:35 PM
AJ, learn to read. it comes with EVERYTHING.

but I'm betting the whole thing is for a 3rd Gen and not a 2nd, hahahahahhaha.

dude, if it is, sell it to me for the same.

Wednesday, February 02, 2011 11:11 PM
AJ B wrote:Brian the leaks are easy to fix lol, you would know by the sound where its coming from, Tony hate to be the guys for bad news but 3800???? Good luck not as easy as you think the 3400 is easy as hell but 3800 hope you like fabricating lmfao, and yes I would know, thats why my 91 Z ended up being 3400 turbo charged, WAY TOO MUCH WORK for the 3800 swap

Oh I know it'll be a pain in the ass, but its there, its cheap, and if nothing else, I can find a different body to swap it into and take my time (I still have a Beretta body at the farm in better shape than the cav in most places) and just have the trans in my Z rebuilt.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search