winter boredome. - Page 15 - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: winter boredom.
Thursday, February 03, 2011 7:41 AM
If it were me, I'd keep 3800 as well. Never know when the 3400 is going to pop a LIM gasket.

Thursday, February 03, 2011 7:56 PM
Brian E wrote:If it were me, I'd keep 3800 as well. Never know when the 3400 is going to pop a LIM gasket.

metal gasket from fel-pro solves that problem permanently.

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Friday, February 04, 2011 9:43 AM
3400 leaks are EASY to fix lol, oh brad if you want a car we have a red one for sale hehehe, ya putting a 3800 requires WAY more then dropping in, even the chasis needs work, but then again Im closer to GP then the rest of the guys and Im not even in Alberta lol

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Friday, February 04, 2011 1:02 PM
HEY GUYZ!
I'm back from the dead! It's been awhile since I posted
I've been soo busy with my Everyday Style Home Business and working full time haven't had time for anything else.

Haven't really done much with the car tho... peeled off some of the stickers last night the sales manager at red-line just about a decal company so i'm looking into some new stuff and then fixing a couple things that are getting worn out on the flower...
once it either cools off a bit or the roads dry up i will probably take some newer pics have some new stuff going into the stereo here soon going to get a set of 6.5 comps for the front i'm thinking about a set of RE XXX's those are some beefy bitc*es. mmmm *drool* bass
have to redo the headliner for the third time (note to self: don't use car upholstery on the headliner no matter what type of glue or adhesive) with the bass its just too heavy lol so I'm going to find a lighter fabric maybe in a cool color.

Installing some new washer spray nozzles tonight cuz the stock ones on the car are horrible it only sprays the bottom of the windshield...stupid

i'm loving the spring ish weather we are getting up here in GP tho. makes me so happy! can't wait to ha ve my rims back on a blingin' haha i'm in the market for some new black 18's tho and need to get a set of aftermarket shocks so if anyone knows of any let me know.

Maybe we could plan a small meet in the summer again but actually take some group car pics and stuff.. an idea anyways.
Oh and I got engaged lol other than that nothing else is new.

Oh another question how much are door panels at the pick & pull i need an extra set with the manual cranks to cut up and mod for the new mounting that i want to do. so if any one is there could you keep an eye out?
still in the market for a cavy 03+ ls sport bumper in good shape too.

Whats new with everyone else?

Friday, February 04, 2011 4:58 PM
my car turned into a bigger POS than it was before.

that's about it.

Saturday, February 05, 2011 1:07 AM
Hey Nikki! Congrats, btw, on being engaged.

I heard Autotrac Alignment carries KYB products, so if you want adjustable, you could see if they'll get you AGX's. If you're in for shocks yoy may as well get some springs or coilovers (Ground Controls and AGX's? I'm pretty sure S&S can get Eibach products)

So my wife didn't have enough left from her cheque to buy the motor + trans. If it sells before I get paid and have enough for it, I'm just going to pay someone to rebuild my trans and drive it with the 3.1. I'm just getting sick of not having my own car. It royally sucks having to trade off and usually ride shotgun to work and have the wife come get me.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Tuesday, February 08, 2011 10:54 AM
Alright guys, I want to pick up another vehicle this year for some weekend duties.

Now I want to pick the thing up for no more than 3000 bucks, and than rebuild/ mod from there.

Couple of ideas i've been tossing around for cars:

Miata's
MR2's
Del Sol's/ cheap ass swap ready civics's
Darts
Nova's
Datsun 2X0's
300zx (newer style)

Ideas???

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...
Tuesday, February 08, 2011 2:01 PM
a 4th Gen Civic (Hatch) w/ JDM B18B1 (NON-VTEC)

Great powerband, and lots of potential if you size a turbo correctly with the engine's VE, CFM, and RPM characteristics.

Many things are cheap and easy to swap over too. Larger disc brake conversions, etc.

Those cars can get you fast, for relatively cheap.........if that's what you want.

Tuesday, February 08, 2011 5:52 PM
get a Miata, then we won't feel bad for calling you gay.

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 9:47 AM
we felt bad????oppps guess I wasnt suppose to say anything lol

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Wednesday, February 09, 2011 6:12 PM
eh its all good, my pos is still faster than your pos

Anyways, might go for the Porsche 944 this year... just seems to be a little more uncommon which is nice

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 8:27 PM
My catalytic converter is getting replaced on the weekend. Fun times for the mere price of $200.
Wednesday, February 09, 2011 9:56 PM
Ouch, no buddies that have a welder? Could run to the junkers hack saw one out, and go to a shop to get it welded...

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 10:21 PM
Because I don't see most of you guys on the other forums, I'm buying a Honda Fit to replace our Corolla! It has the nasty looking LX rims on it, but the rest of the car is awesome. Its been in the showroom since it was delivered, so it hasn't seen snow or salt or dirt until it pulls out of the dealer tomorrow.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Thursday, February 10, 2011 7:08 AM
Ty untill ou hit the track and have a slip you wont know if your faster , but then again if you have more power, its still a driver race. Brian you should of contactes me you could of gotten cat replaced for under $100 lol

Thursday, February 10, 2011 7:44 AM
I wanted a new catalytic converter, period. This car has to last a while and I have taken too many chances on using used parts.
Friday, February 11, 2011 6:21 AM
I never said used lol, I paid according to my receipt $97 for my cat install

Friday, February 11, 2011 8:28 AM
$97... must be a Walker universal cat.
Saturday, February 12, 2011 8:01 AM
no mine is a magnacrap hiflow lol, and with that and install was 98

Saturday, February 12, 2011 8:55 PM
AJ B wrote:Ty untill ou hit the track and have a slip you wont know if your faster , but then again if you have more power, its still a driver race. Brian you should of contactes me you could of gotten cat replaced for under $100 lol

how about you guys line up and go from there...................

Sunday, February 13, 2011 7:53 AM
Well the Z is now kicking out P0300 error codes. Anyone have a spare working complete IDI cover/coil packs?

Sunday, February 13, 2011 12:35 PM
I told you go with 2.2 coil swap, putting in 2.4 ignition system is a waist, you will benefit more with coils

Sunday, February 13, 2011 1:03 PM
I'd rather do a simple fix rather than a time consuming procedure, only to find out that I have lost compression in one cylinder. Once the car is working *right*, then I will do the swap.
Sunday, February 13, 2011 3:32 PM
Well the spark plug gaps were way out to lunch. The plugs were at .070. I have gapped them to .050 so we will see what happens. All of the plugs were getting spark, no burning. She's not running rich, and she's getting gas...

I'll have to continue with the diagnosis.
Sunday, February 13, 2011 8:56 PM
The Z is back in the game.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search