winter boredome. - Page 16 - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: winter boredom.
Monday, February 14, 2011 7:10 AM
Brian the 2.2 swap is the easiest swap in the world, only need IQ of 10 lol, closest thing that is time consuming is removing the 2.4 coils either then that, to actually install the 2.2 coils took me 5 minutes lol If you need I can get you a picture from when I tested them out, all it is is cut and color match thats it

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen

Monday, February 14, 2011 6:11 PM
exactly Brian. look, AJ did it.

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Monday, February 14, 2011 10:54 PM
HAHA, that is true.

Well the swap is done, and I can claim that I did the ignition system on my own. I used the complete 2200 ICM and coil setup to do it, and got the splicing right the first time.
Thursday, February 17, 2011 10:34 PM
Argh. Why is everything being difficult? All I want is a reasonably priced intake for the Fit. The Cosmo Racing GE8 intake is 90 dollars and about $20 worth of actual material. The K&N is $50 worth of actual material and ranges from $260 to $450 shipped. The good news? In my searching I have found a few other bits and pieces I might get. Samco rad hoses, a genuine MUGEN Power oil filler cap and a genuine Spoon Sports rad cap. With a little work, my engine bay will look pretty sweet. Then I can save for some not ugly rims.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Friday, February 18, 2011 7:33 AM
Tony your lucky there is actually alot you can do for your car, look up v6 z24, or if you have to ebay, intakes are not hard but to gain 3-5 HP out of a 3100 your pushing it lol

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Friday, February 18, 2011 7:14 PM
Yes, the 2nd gen is a dying platform for modding. I wish it could've been one of those cult cars all the companies make parts for like EF2 Civics and AE86 Corollas (Corollii?), but it just isn't. Wot-Tech does make MPFI headers now, though.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Friday, February 18, 2011 10:42 PM
EF2's weren't even worth working on lol. EK9's had the reputation of being turned into something worth having. The Trueno makes a good drift car, but it needs a lot of power adders to be useful on the track.
Saturday, February 19, 2011 12:14 AM
Both cars are more about handling. A stock Z would have a hell of a time keeping up with either in the corners. I never really liked the EK style except the Type R. In a Civic, I would have to own either the EG6 Si, the EP1 Type R/SiR, or an EF2.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Saturday, February 19, 2011 8:29 AM
AJ B wrote:Tony your lucky there is actually alot you can do for your car, look up v6 z24, or if you have to ebay, intakes are not hard but to gain 3-5 HP out of a 3100 your pushing it lol

if you were able to read AJ, you would notice he put "Fit" and not Z24, lol.

Saturday, February 19, 2011 9:15 AM
I think I got a color wrong on the ICM wiring. Does the pink wire go to the two pin connector?
Saturday, February 19, 2011 10:43 AM
I don't know how to read lol, only fix/build cars

Saturday, February 19, 2011 6:36 PM
i had the pleasure of fixing the snapped roll pin at the shift linkage, always fun in -20s haha
Saturday, February 19, 2011 6:51 PM
-7 tomorrow. I might be able to get something done with the cav. Semi related: Whats a good spray adhesive remover? I've used medical adhesive remover in the past because I can get it cheap at work, but there are some things it just will not take off.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Sunday, February 20, 2011 8:23 AM
GooGone works great I used that for the plastic strip on the side of the Z

Sunday, February 20, 2011 10:50 AM
i just use a rubber eraser on a drill works good for me
Sunday, February 20, 2011 11:32 AM
GooGon didn't do as good a job as I would've liked, and I tried and eraser wheel. We're talking 21 year old baked on adhesive. I've been tempted to try a paint scraper, but I know I'd scratch the piss out of the trunk and fenders.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, February 21, 2011 2:49 PM
take your wives hairdryer and heat the $hit out of it. put it on full high and have fun.

Monday, February 21, 2011 2:52 PM
Sure, I can just hear it now: "Hi Honey! I killed your hair dryer today!"
Monday, February 21, 2011 5:34 PM
just don't tell her you used it until after she tries to use it afterwards.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:09 AM
Damn that 2.4 is fussy when it comes to spark plugs. I dropped in a new set of AC Delco Professional Platinums (41-963) and the idle has smoothed out and I got some of my power back. I just need to get that damn CC replaced now.
Tuesday, February 22, 2011 10:04 AM
Brad (flatblackfire) wrote:take your wives hairdryer and heat the $hit out of it. put it on full high and have fun.

LOL thats how I wreaked my old hair dryer i used googone, sticker off and my hair dryer and some good'ol elbow grease to a f**K of a long time to do tho...

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:32 PM
That's how I did the Corolla. Took me a week of work to get the trunk lid to not have "Corolla" written in dirt on it. I forgot to make Northgate Honda take their little company decal off the car when I bought it.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Thursday, February 24, 2011 10:10 PM
Had a fun little boot out of town

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CtEXfwU7sE

Still a number of things to work out, but she should be ready for summer for some go fast goodies... I tell ya its nice to have new rotors and pads

Things to do
-Install the boost gauge
-Finish School and Go Back to work (1 more week!!!)
-Order ZZP h/e, a pulley, and maybe injectors
-Order an LSJ header
-Get a wideband and a tune on the thing
-Nicer rims and tires
-Cosmetic doo-dads
-Debate about a 5 speed swap

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...
Friday, February 25, 2011 9:22 AM
Don't debate the 5 speed swap, just do it!

2010 Honda Fit LX
Friday, February 25, 2011 10:24 AM
I think its going to have to be Konig Heliums for the Fit. 11.6 lbs each and half the price of trak_lites. A small drop and one CF spoiler later and the exterior will look tits. I might get the Spoon shorty antenna as well.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search