winter boredome. - Page 18 - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: winter boredom.
Monday, March 07, 2011 7:19 PM
ya so was mine when I go back there Ill look at it for ya, lol, maybe you can get secret cams in there

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen

Monday, March 07, 2011 9:22 PM
Probably a timing chain and tensioner while we are at it. :p
Tuesday, March 08, 2011 4:57 PM
HAHAHAHAH. AJ, if you managed to bypass the 2.2 ICM and use the 2.4 (Which, I know for a fact you didn't, as I've seen your set-up and know that the 2.2 coils wouldn't be held in position for @!#$) the coils, as I said, would be flopping around.

Brian, yes, I hate the Quad, but I'm still willing to work on them and know enough of them to get me by pretty decently.

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Monday, March 14, 2011 11:56 AM
ok so looks like if plan to move to alberta I got a place and crap in my fathers building (not best place but a start), but looks like I have a few things need to do to the cavy pretty soon, oh Brad I found out the problems I was having the fpr collapsed and was not giving right pressure I did the suck test, also the coils for some reason were not producing spark so I removed then and reran the wires, seems to be working great now, also finished the IDI cover(for those that remembered I broke it last time), still going to track down so door handles, put a key fob only on drivers side , and the trunk, or shave havent decided yet. have to fix that spoiler or remove, and replace my deck, I put engine on hold as I still have to get other thngs done, and I might be looking for volunteers to help me get a windshied at pick n pull as well as cutting few parts off of different cars

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Monday, March 14, 2011 2:33 PM
You're not the only one needing a windshield.
Monday, March 14, 2011 10:27 PM
Chalk me up in the "need a cav windshield" club. I need my car to melt first.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Tuesday, March 15, 2011 10:19 AM
well I was going to be in Alberta looks like I have to rewire my ignition system, seems my car didnt like the setup so forced to redo it all

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 5:22 PM
holy hell. Trans for my POS car is $300 @!#$ dollars. freaking HELL. one out of an 00 for $250 with no Shifter assembly and unknown ammount of km's on it, and one from an 02 Fire for $300 with only 85k on it.

anyone have a 00-05 shifter assembly? lol

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 11:38 AM
I would grab the one out of the 02 fire, anyone wanna send me up ICM and coils for 2200?lol

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 10:00 PM
I have one ICM and one coil, but that's it. I'm not even sure if the coil works.
Wednesday, March 16, 2011 11:24 PM
Brian, you're alive, lol. when you going to come visit the 2 brads?

Thursday, March 17, 2011 5:14 PM
so looks like Im getting a free Quad HO engine, now Im not sure what to do lol, stroker, finish my 2.4 build, put the quad in the red car, or take my crank and put it in the HO, lol so many possibilities lol, but staying N/A but so many ideas, or go LD9 block, and HO head with HO cams and custom pistons *drool*

Thursday, March 17, 2011 5:17 PM
Q4HO + Geo Metro = awesome sleeper.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Thursday, March 17, 2011 7:51 PM
lol so true, but I am trying to track down info on jbo I believe there was a thread about battery relocates and the different places to mount the batteries and running the wires, Im just not sure where it is, and then there was a thread about relocating the fuse box from under the hood to either fender or inside the cab, and yes trying to clean things up as I have someone making a technic lip for th z to finish things off, and need to get an accord coolant res, anyone wanna send me one out?lol

Friday, March 18, 2011 9:01 AM
AJ B wrote:lol so true, but I am trying to track down info on jbo I believe there was a thread about battery relocates and the different places to mount the batteries and running the wires, Im just not sure where it is, and then there was a thread about relocating the fuse box from under the hood to either fender or inside the cab, and yes trying to clean things up as I have someone making a technic lip for th z to finish things off, and need to get an accord coolant res, anyone wanna send me one out?lol

J to Envy had i go write up relocating the ECU and various other things to the cab under the stereo bezel

I'm looking to by a new vehicle here soon but thinking I'm going to keep the fire as a stereo car because there is no value in it well and i've put too much money into it already to let it got for $1000 lol

Friday, March 18, 2011 9:34 AM
ya I know there was writeups but I cant find them anywhere, usually Brian is the one that finds these things for me lol

Friday, March 18, 2011 11:03 AM
Friday, March 18, 2011 11:12 PM
Nikki, what are you looking at for new vehicles? New new, or new to you?

2010 Honda Fit LX
Saturday, March 19, 2011 8:55 AM
thanks Nikki but my ecu is in the bumper area lol, I dont plan to move it, its in a nice area as it is lol, its the fuse box and the battery found out my battery box is a littl too big to fit anywhere in the trunk might have to do some welding

Sunday, March 20, 2011 1:05 PM
AJ B wrote:thanks Nikki but my ecu is in the bumper area lol, I dont plan to move it, its in a nice area as it is lol, its the fuse box and the battery found out my battery box is a littl too big to fit anywhere in the trunk might have to do some welding

yea i thought it wouldn't help you haha that was just one of the things i found lol didn't search too much into it

Tony T Crams wrote:Nikki, what are you looking at for new vehicles? New new, or new to you?

Kind of undecided at the moment... SUV definitely but leaning more towards brand new i know it's kind of a rip off but i want something that is customize to what i want. also I kind of sacrificed alot with the sunfire for my first vehicle but it has allowed me to figure out what i want in my next vehicle.

I started a home business last year and hauling the boxes from my shipments in my car i can only hold 4 boxes lol most orders are sometimes 7-10 boxes so two trips is kind of ridiculous.
check out www.fb.com/nicoleseverydaystyle it's like cookware and entertaining pieces and home decor.

i want some thing that has a good stock stereo because i don't want to rip apart my new vehicle for a stereo because my current stereo is going to stay in my fire

Wishlist for new vehicle:
smaller SUV more cross over
command start
good stock stereo
fully foldable seats that fold flat for my hauls to ikea haha
enough space for road trips
good fuel milage
leather
sunroof
a/c
ipod hook up
and of course its gotta look good and price too.
well power too but for me i would rather have better fuel mileage then alot of power i know i know you guys are gonna be like wtf.

One Suv i looked at was the new 2011 Kia Sportage...but i kinda want the turbo lol so i might wait until next year to see what they come out with.
i was looking at the Nissan exterra too but that bugger is big and a big price tag to match. also the ford edge but then its a ford...cx-7 is pretty cool but price tag for everything i want ouch lol
so the sportage is the best bang for buck so far but still undecided.

if i was to get a new car forte koup all the way i test drove this in the winter and i loved it a little bit of a blind spot with the back pillar but w/e

Sunday, March 20, 2011 4:25 PM
Ummm, Nikki, look into an olderish Saturn Vue. 2.2 Eco OR the 3.something Honda engine. also comes in the AWD set-up that works surprisingly well. dunno if it ever came with Ipod hookups, but who cares. I fit 3 19" Framed bikes in the back of it so it's got more than enough storage space back there.

I can't really remember what the Stereo was like in my old one, but from what I remember, it was decent.

Sunday, March 20, 2011 6:28 PM
I stopped by, but nobody was home.
Sunday, March 20, 2011 6:51 PM
when was this?

why not text my cell sometime you a$$

Sunday, March 20, 2011 7:42 PM
Hehe... it was somewhere around 7'ish.
Monday, March 21, 2011 12:26 AM
~Chick_Nikki~ wrote:
AJ B wrote:thanks Nikki but my ecu is in the bumper area lol, I dont plan to move it, its in a nice area as it is lol, its the fuse box and the battery found out my battery box is a littl too big to fit anywhere in the trunk might have to do some welding

yea i thought it wouldn't help you haha that was just one of the things i found lol didn't search too much into it

Tony T Crams wrote:Nikki, what are you looking at for new vehicles? New new, or new to you?

Kind of undecided at the moment... SUV definitely but leaning more towards brand new i know it's kind of a rip off but i want something that is customize to what i want. also I kind of sacrificed alot with the sunfire for my first vehicle but it has allowed me to figure out what i want in my next vehicle.

I started a home business last year and hauling the boxes from my shipments in my car i can only hold 4 boxes lol most orders are sometimes 7-10 boxes so two trips is kind of ridiculous.
check out www.fb.com/nicoleseverydaystyle it's like cookware and entertaining pieces and home decor.

i want some thing that has a good stock stereo because i don't want to rip apart my new vehicle for a stereo because my current stereo is going to stay in my fire

Wishlist for new vehicle:
smaller SUV more cross over
command start
good stock stereo
fully foldable seats that fold flat for my hauls to ikea haha
enough space for road trips
good fuel milage
leather
sunroof
a/c
ipod hook up
and of course its gotta look good and price too.
well power too but for me i would rather have better fuel mileage then alot of power i know i know you guys are gonna be like wtf.

One Suv i looked at was the new 2011 Kia Sportage...but i kinda want the turbo lol so i might wait until next year to see what they come out with.
i was looking at the Nissan exterra too but that bugger is big and a big price tag to match. also the ford edge but then its a ford...cx-7 is pretty cool but price tag for everything i want ouch lol
so the sportage is the best bang for buck so far but still undecided.

if i was to get a new car forte koup all the way i test drove this in the winter and i loved it a little bit of a blind spot with the back pillar but w/e

I would stay away from the Nissan solely because of the dealership here. In fact, anything from the GP Auto Group should be avoided. They are nothing but trouble. I've had family work for them, I've had family and friends deal with them, and no one has had a GOOD experience with them. They also failed to make no less than three sales work for us. Doug Marshall isn't bad. They worked their asses off to get us the Sunfire when we bought it, and they were willing to get another car I wanted (01 Z24 with manual trans) ready in a day when we were looking to replace our cav wagon. Toyota and Honda were both awesome for us, but Toyota's maintenance is a bit more expensive, and Honda will give you a discount card for the parts department. VW is good, but don't trade in with them. They lowballed the snot out of me. The Ford dealer's were attentive, but they sold Fords, so we left. A friend bough a car from Nor-Lan Chrysler, but it was used, and his dad knew someone there and he basically had salespeople kissing his ass to buy a car.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search