winter boredome. - Page 20 - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: winter boredom.
Sunday, October 30, 2011 11:58 PM
That's borderline ridiculous.

2010 Honda Fit LX

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 11:24 PM
1 video card, a storage HDD and Win7Pro to go on my computer. Then I start saving for a second car. Wonder what I'll be looking for... Maybe a 3rd gen coupe? I'm pretty set on either another J or another Corolla. Either will make me happy. Something I can drive until something goes horribly wrong rendering it irreparable.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Thursday, November 10, 2011 10:33 PM
J. it'll last longer and be cheaper for minor repairs.

I need a new sig.
Friday, November 11, 2011 8:27 AM
and if you crash a j...it's not as expensive to fix lol just got to the junk yard and find the pieces you need. lol some days i wish i would have still had my sunfire lol then i get in my 300 and say naaah lol

Friday, November 11, 2011 12:12 PM
My sights are now set on a 3rd gen J with the LN2 and a 5 speed. I know the LN2 better than the LD9 or ecotecs, so I can keep it going without sending it to the shop. We'll see what Kijiji holds over the next few months. All the used 7 and 8 gen corollas are ratbagged or poorly maintained, and I'm not spending a bunch of money just to get it through inspection. I want a car I can get going for cheap and have fun modding.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Sunday, November 13, 2011 4:45 PM
LN2 FTMFW.

I love my pushrod

I need a new sig.
Monday, November 21, 2011 9:48 AM
I had a fun weekend....spent saturday and sunday ripping out my manual transmission and clutch....NOT A FUN JOB!!! Picking up a used tranny and clutch from Aldon Auto out in Lamont for $400 with 80K on em both. Maybe ill have my car back later in the week :-)

1972 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray LT1
2008 Chevrolet Colorado, Crew Cab, 3.7L I5, 4X4

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 10:09 PM
Not a bad price for the mileage. Never had to deal with pulling a trans, but I hope I never have to.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Wednesday, November 23, 2011 2:06 PM
It sure beats paying upwards of $2,000.00 for a rebuilt transmission! It's a complex job I must say, very time consuming! Not to mention you gotta rip apoart 1/2 your front end!

Thursday, November 24, 2011 12:49 PM
Got the cavy back together last night and took it for a drive....it shifts like a new car lol & I got my 1st gear back!! No more taking off in 2nd gear lol ...ntm it idles properly now too, used to idle around 2000 RPM, now its around or just under 1000 RPM

Thursday, November 24, 2011 1:11 PM
Tony T Crams wrote:My sights are now set on a 3rd gen J with the LN2 and a 5 speed. I know the LN2 better than the LD9 or ecotecs, so I can keep it going without sending it to the shop. We'll see what Kijiji holds over the next few months. All the used 7 and 8 gen corollas are ratbagged or poorly maintained, and I'm not spending a bunch of money just to get it through inspection. I want a car I can get going for cheap and have fun modding.

cough cough car for sale cough cough

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen

Thursday, November 24, 2011 9:54 PM
If I had the money now, I would. As it stands now, I have a yogurt container with $42.50 in rolled change to spend on a car. I wish I were joking.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Saturday, November 26, 2011 9:03 AM
I have 3 alberta registered here and 2 bc registered loL

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Sunday, November 27, 2011 12:15 AM
I need to get rid of my 2nd gen. If anyone wants it and has the means to haul it to where ever you want, its yours. Free. Just take it from my yard here in GP.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, November 28, 2011 8:46 AM
I'm probably gonna be selling my cavy come spring/summer once I find the truck I want for a decent price. Looking for a '07 & up Chevy Colorado or GMC Canyon, crew cab, 4X4, 3.7L, Z71 Off-Road Package.

Monday, November 28, 2011 9:10 AM
I have 98 sunfire, can put back together with 170k km on it and 99 sunfire with 120k km on it fully loaded but sunroof

Monday, November 28, 2011 11:17 AM
Classic69 wrote:I'm probably gonna be selling my cavy come spring/summer once I find the truck I want for a decent price. Looking for a '07 & up Chevy Colorado or GMC Canyon, crew cab, 4X4, 3.7L, Z71 Off-Road Package.

Spring/Summer is about my buying time. Do you have a price in mind?

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, November 28, 2011 3:43 PM
Tony T Crams wrote:Spring/Summer is about my buying time. Do you have a price in mind?

I'd probably be asking around $1500 - $2000 o.b.o. when the time comes to sell my car. It's a 2001 Chevy Cavalier Z24, metallic silver, 2.4L, with 297,000 km on the body (some minor rust) and engine (which still runs strong!!), I recently replaced the 5-speed manual transmission (the used one has 70K on it, and shifts like new!!), and the clutch assembly (now has about 25K on it). All of my "add-ons" are in my profile, you can check em out there.

Monday, November 28, 2011 8:20 PM
but headlights and sway bars are spoken for

I need a new sig.
Tuesday, November 29, 2011 12:06 AM
Classic69 wrote:
Tony T Crams wrote:Spring/Summer is about my buying time. Do you have a price in mind?

I'd probably be asking around $1500 - $2000 o.b.o. when the time comes to sell my car. It's a 2001 Chevy Cavalier Z24, metallic silver, 2.4L, with 297,000 km on the body (some minor rust) and engine (which still runs strong!!), I recently replaced the 5-speed manual transmission (the used one has 70K on it, and shifts like new!!), and the clutch assembly (now has about 25K on it). All of my "add-ons" are in my profile, you can check em out there.

Given the price and what you've done to it, I'd be glad to pay somewhere around there. Just let me know when you want to sell, and we'll work something out.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Tuesday, November 29, 2011 7:19 AM
Brad (ceyenne red beast) wrote:....but headlights and sway bars are spoken for

lol....yes, brad did call my HID kit with projectors, as well as my sway bars

Tony T Crams wrote:
Classic69 wrote:

Given the price and what you've done to it, I'd be glad to pay somewhere around there. Just let me know when you want to sell, and we'll work something out.

Come spring/summer time it'll be pushing just over 300K and i'll sell Brad those parts he asked for seperately, so id probably ask around $1500 o.b.o. for my car

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 11:15 AM
Consider the rest of the car spoken for, then. I'm fine with stock headlights, and I can probably order new sway bars.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Tuesday, November 29, 2011 7:40 PM
it'll have the OEM bar back on it either way for up front, rear isn't really needed unless you have other suspension mods for it.

I need a new sig.
Tuesday, November 29, 2011 10:11 PM
Cool. Not sure what I might spend on it after its in my hands.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Wednesday, November 30, 2011 7:03 AM
haha looks like if i cant trade mine in on this cobalt ss/sc ill be selling mine soon too lol must be that time to change up on the forum.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search