**Summer Boredom** - Page 10 - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: **Summer Boredom**
Wednesday, October 06, 2010 11:04 AM
WOOOT! I just got a '92 Z24 for $50! FIFTY FREAKIN' DOLLARS! with only 172,000 kms, 5 speed trans, V6 and a super clean interior. We'll see how things are when I drive it home.

2010 Honda Fit LX

Saturday, October 09, 2010 5:46 PM
pics or it didn't happen hehe

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Saturday, October 09, 2010 7:55 PM
I'll give you $100 for it if it's in good shape and drives good, hahahahah.

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Saturday, October 09, 2010 8:51 PM
AJ B wrote:pics or it didn't happen hehe

Bill of sale, Registration and keys. Will post more pics soon enough. Maybe of the actual car next time

Brad (flatblackfire) wrote:I'll give you $100 for it if it's in good shape and drives good, hahahahah.

Drives good? Yes. Good shape? Depends on your definition. One of the doors is a bit... see through, and it needs a windshield to pass safety.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Sunday, October 10, 2010 9:26 AM
I have more horsepower still I can bring a chain and me and Brad can go tow it lol, we need another drag car, when I move up to BC in November I got 3 cars to chhose from, I do not know what to get, S10 extrememe (350), 93 cavy(3400), and 98 camaro........or I can keep the cavy lol

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Sunday, October 10, 2010 3:23 PM
Brad (flatblackfire) wrote:I'll give you $100 for it if it's in good shape and drives good, hahahahah.

Drives good? Yes. Good shape? Depends on your definition. One of the doors is a bit... see through, and it needs a windshield to pass safety.

I don't give a whit about doors, and windshield I can do for relatively cheap.

the $100 is a serious offer. and AJ, this wouldn't be a drag car, this'll be a high power daily driver.

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Sunday, October 10, 2010 8:12 PM
I really need the thing as a winter car. If it pisses me off before then, I'll sell it, and JBO will have 1st dibs. But right now it has what I need: Winter tires, an engine, and a manual gearbox that can be abused like a $20 hooker.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, October 11, 2010 9:18 AM
I have 2 14 inch all seasons for sale lol, and we can get you a 3400, if your down here before I move lol, I can even show you how to build it up, and kick brads as s in the quarter lol

Monday, October 11, 2010 7:37 PM
The old MPFI is still good. Might have to dig up a set of 3400 exhaust manis though. Junkyard, here I come!

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, October 11, 2010 8:01 PM
Tuesday, October 12, 2010 6:51 PM
oh I could do so much............you would of loved my old turboed 1992 z24, with 3400 hehe, too bad shes long gone

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 8:50 PM
Turbo 3400 would be nice, but out of my budget for sure (trying to stay under $1000 including body parts)

My biggest problem with Gen 2s as of now is aftermarket. Power is easy. Most parts either already exist or can be fabbed for cheap. Suspension is a bitch. Seems the setup will be KYBs and CM springs to complement the STB and stock sway bars with poly bushings, unless I get lucky and find some used Eibachs.

2nd and 3rd gens will be my target next Friday at the pick 'n' pull. Need to replace the stock seats, and praying for a passenger door.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Wednesday, October 13, 2010 6:31 AM
so there you go.... a meet?lol one before I leave lol

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 10:37 AM
I'm up for that. Any day next week but Wednesday. I don't know the city very well, but the wife would probably prefer a meet in a restaurant where we could all sit down and have some food and a couple drinks.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Wednesday, October 13, 2010 11:15 AM
So here is what's being done currently with my cars:

1. '86 Prelude is getting junked due to bad gaskets and bad rust on the undercarriage.
2. '85 Impala will more likely be going back to roommates' friend as it pisses transmission fluid. Replacing the gasket on the pan did not resolve the issue.
3. Acquiring a '94 or '96 Olds Cutlass Ciera for $350 on Friday. All she needs is an alternator, fluid change, and some paint. I don't care about what people say about the A-Body cars, I use to put one through hell when I was a teen and I know they can survive the abuse. I checked the intake manifold on the pesky 3.1L and it looks good.
Wednesday, October 13, 2010 12:52 PM
Brian, you got @!#$ for luck when it comes to cars....lol

1972 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray LT1
2008 Chevrolet Colorado, Crew Cab, 3.7L I5, 4X4

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 2:04 PM
and women...............

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 3:22 PM
AJ always comes back with the sexual innuendos. I'm actually working on that part at the moment. I looked over that Ciera really good after the last two @!#$ ups with the Prelude and the Impala. The Ciera has no leaks, which is really good. The coolant is really nasty, so the rad and the tank will have to be flushed. The best part of the sale is that the car resides in the same condo block as me.
Thursday, October 14, 2010 6:17 PM
*cough cough* as long as coolant is green lol, if really bad Id stay away from it and how many km on the car? I have this itchy feeling if I looked at teh car would find more wrong with it lol. check the wheel bearings (week spot), check p/s fluid also(just in case), and last but not least check tie-rods, those have been known trouble spots, I use to have to work on those too damn much, also check the tb, could be buildup on it, for some reason the filter housing is not the best on those :S but if those all good then your lucky, but bad coolant would be enough to keep me away

Thursday, October 14, 2010 9:34 PM
Apparently my engine is really dirty. It had some dust accumulating on it, and it was a bit sticky, so I took some adhesive remover to it. Lo and behold, engines are kind of a natural metal colour.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Thursday, October 14, 2010 9:53 PM
And while I'm thinking about it, does anyone have some spare stock 3rd gen seats? I'm looking for a pair of fronts. The back seat is getting junked as soon as it goes through inspection, so I don't really care about that. If anyone has a set in the Edmonton area, I can pick them up next Friday before leave. Would be a plus if they were in good shape, since the stitching is half off on mine.

2010 Honda Fit LX

Friday, October 15, 2010 6:28 AM
Scott sorry for making engine sticky lol, but afterall it is a third gen lol

Friday, October 15, 2010 1:25 PM
214K on the Ciera, which is not that high for a '94.
Friday, October 15, 2010 5:18 PM
Boo-urns. Dude never called or showed up for the wheels. If he doesn't call tomorrow, I'll try e-mailing him again. If not, I might just keep em for the Cav for summer. They're heavy as @!#$ though at 18.6 lbs each.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Friday, October 15, 2010 5:57 PM
I have 2 14s for sale lol. al season still basically new

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search