**Summer Boredom** - Page 14 - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: **Summer Boredom**
Sunday, May 01, 2011 8:24 PM
who the hell knows. I'll find out when I bring the Mazda.

update, got it running today. for about 1 minute with the gas pedal held to the floor. started the top-end take apart to see if I could figure out any potential problems and found a freaking mouse nest sitting ON the air filter. FML.

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!

Monday, May 02, 2011 8:01 AM
Tony T Crams wrote:Does anyone know exactly what makes a body of a car unable to pass inspection in AB? My mechanic friend said my car won't pass for it, but I don't see anything but the one door being a problem. Most of the car is still pretty solid. The paint is fading, but there are much worse cars on the road that mine.

Get me a bunch of pictures on here I will tell you if will pass that was my job in Alberta lol, licensed Ford certified tech lmfao, as long as no rust through the body to inside of vehicle no metal sticking out,or excessive damage you should be fine, but then again I haven't seen the car

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Monday, May 02, 2011 11:42 AM
Garret now officially has a death wish after giving me too much f'n booze on my birthday night.

On another note...

Brad, are you going to leave the Wenkel in that FC, or are you going to do an LS1 swap like everyone else?
Monday, May 02, 2011 9:33 PM
AJ B wrote:
Tony T Crams wrote:Does anyone know exactly what makes a body of a car unable to pass inspection in AB? My mechanic friend said my car won't pass for it, but I don't see anything but the one door being a problem. Most of the car is still pretty solid. The paint is fading, but there are much worse cars on the road that mine.

Get me a bunch of pictures on here I will tell you if will pass that was my job in Alberta lol, licensed Ford certified tech lmfao, as long as no rust through the body to inside of vehicle no metal sticking out,or excessive damage you should be fine, but then again I haven't seen the car

Thanks, AJ! If I'm ever in your area, I'll owe you a beer. The door is my only real worry, like I said, but I'm hunting down a replacement. Other than that, most of the major spots you can see in my old pics from the fall:

This is the door I'm worried about. You can see some of the door structure through it, but thats the only real "hole". The rest is just bits of rust and

There's one on this fender bit exposed:

I'll get you some pics tomorrow evening of the rear fender wells and under the door in the passenger side rocker panel (which can be replaced). I get the feeling that water may have snuck in under the side skirts at some point, and under the door mouldings that go with them.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Tuesday, May 03, 2011 9:43 AM
Wow, typical door rust on the 2nd gens. They always seem to get a lot of rust around the moulding. The rust on the rear fender shouldn't fail you as it does not expose the interior to the exhaust. The door on the other hand, yes that would be an automatic fail.
Tuesday, May 03, 2011 10:16 PM
I plan on replacing the door, but I hunted around and that was the only trouble spot. Looks like its a green light for my blue car

2010 Honda Fit LX
Wednesday, May 04, 2011 2:04 PM
Other things to consider:

1. Windshield
2. Brake Lines
3. Fuel Lines
4. E-Brake Cable
5. Condition of the brakes in both front and rear
6. ABS sensors
7. Seatbelt tension/locking mechanism
Wednesday, May 04, 2011 2:21 PM
Brian E wrote:Garret now officially has a death wish after giving me too much f'n booze on my birthday night.

You werent complaing that night.....twas a fun night with everybody there!

1972 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray LT1
2008 Chevrolet Colorado, Crew Cab, 3.7L I5, 4X4

Wednesday, May 04, 2011 2:28 PM
Brad told me you were prett hung over the next morning lol

Just like him and Niki were too

1972 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray LT1
2008 Chevrolet Colorado, Crew Cab, 3.7L I5, 4X4

Wednesday, May 04, 2011 10:19 PM
Brian E wrote:Other things to consider:

1. Windshield
2. Brake Lines
3. Fuel Lines
4. E-Brake Cable
5. Condition of the brakes in both front and rear
6. ABS sensors
7. Seatbelt tension/locking mechanism

Brakes are great, I'm prepping the ebrake cable to tighten it (need to wait a little longer so I can jack up he car. Ground is too soft right now), the windshield is getting replaced, it has a HUGE crack running through the whole thing. No idea on the ABS sensors, and the seatbelt system is working quite well still. I haven't checked the back seat ones yet. I know you can't buy JY seat belts/hardware, so if something isn't right, what can I get for a replacement? Does GM make replacements?

2010 Honda Fit LX
Thursday, May 05, 2011 7:34 AM
that door is a FAIL, that fender is a tough one from the angle, just fiberglass temporary, or cut and weld replacement piece, your door I believe ANY 2nd gen will work, and you can remove the "plastic" cover off that one, what causes the rust on t windshields are 224$ for third gen should be ALOT cheaper for your car. and what are you asking about for eats get off your but and grab one out of any sunbird or cavy second gen. and what hardwear are you looking for?seatbelt in back bring it in attached (buckle every one in). driver and passenger thats first thing they look for, along with rust marks

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen

Friday, May 06, 2011 11:54 PM
That fender is ONLY that bit, the rest is pretty solid. I'll probably start trying my hand at bodywork and fill it in anyways. It can't be that hard. Even the numpties up here can smooth out body filler, so I can do it.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Saturday, May 07, 2011 1:37 PM
you can do that or cut in a new piece for it, well I FINALLY got the beast started, just ABS light (could be the abs coil wire I have left over), coolant light (puzzled), and eevap low curcuit so once those are fixed I will be happy

Saturday, May 07, 2011 10:39 PM
I've decided to sell her. I just don't have the time to do that much work to get the car road ready for next winter. So I've decided to sell it and hunt for something else. In all honesty, it'll probably be a 3rd gen and I'll do some basic tuning to get it feeling right.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Sunday, May 08, 2011 12:17 AM
Sunday, May 08, 2011 8:24 PM
For anyone here that wants to come up and get it, I'll sell it for what I paid for the car and parts I put into it (Oil Pressure sending unit, spark plugs, air filter and battery): $320. The driver's side fender is really rusted out inside, and I'm not sure about the exhaust system. The good news is you get an engine that runs like a top, and the body kit is in awesome shape save a scuff on the front bumper. The brakes and suspension seem to be fairly new, though they've been sitting, so might have some rust on the surface. The interior is in shambles right now, but if someone wants it, I can put everything back together. It all needs to be cleaned and the plastic has been cracked by the previous owner that detached the reverse shift cable as a security measure once it was parked, but everything is there.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, May 09, 2011 8:04 AM
if I felt like driving 5 hours I would pick it up from you lol

Monday, May 09, 2011 10:26 AM
I have a potential buyer for it now. Just waiting for a response from him to see if he's still interested.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, May 09, 2011 9:56 PM
Wow. He's heard about needing to re-attach reverse, the windshield and dead battery, and is still interested. I may actually sell it by the weekend. Then I can look for some other beater with some problems to fix up. There's an EF2 for $300 right now that won't turn over. Japanese B16 swap, and I'm good for power. If the car sells I'd have enough to buy it and get it towed to the house. Otherwise, save for a 3rd gen cav.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, May 09, 2011 10:26 PM
http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=AB

Just thought you might like to know.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Wednesday, May 11, 2011 10:19 AM
ya here in BC illegal to sell ethanol gas, I cant get it for my car, In Alberta I could get it no problem here I cant and my car runs like crap. If I end up moving back to alberta I should take you to the auction where I got my car from, then take you to wrecker after and get you few "cheap and easy" upgrades lol

Thursday, May 12, 2011 5:50 PM
Sounds like fun. What'd you pay for your car at auction? We have them up here, but I'm not so sure $500 could get me something I want.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Thursday, May 12, 2011 8:06 PM
$500 could get almost anything.

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Friday, May 13, 2011 8:26 PM
at auction in edmonton, I picked up 5 cavys, 2 grandams, and 2 mustangs at the auctions lol. my car on the other hand had only 60,000km when I bought her, and paid $1100 after fees and crap. Lilyth's car I paid only $750, 2.2 standard 2001 Sunflower, great on gas. If all goes well my car should be on road again in less then a month, few more things came up that I want to upgrade. , then inspection again. I will keep you guys posted as right now don't want to do pictures untill my mess of wiring is cleaned up, as I still have abs, CEL, and coolant light on right now

Saturday, May 14, 2011 5:32 PM
I have urgent request lol, can ANYONE get me a 99 engine harness for the 2.4? I need one asap, as I am 98 percent sure there is another break in the wires for my harness. Im not sure if there is a difference 98-99 other then I do not have EGR. but 99 preferred as I am willing to pay for it , just need one asap. few other things I need but thats most important. once that is fixed then have to get to edmonton for engine parts that I need. I know Brad is out of town, Brian might not, Garret not sure. but ANYONE would be greatly appreciated

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search