Alberta oil mines - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Alberta oil mines
Saturday, April 29, 2006 8:58 AM
Does anyone here work in the Alberta oil mines? I live in Ontario and am interested in moving to Alberta to work in the oil mines and have lots of questions. Sorry for the off-topic post.

Re: Alberta oil mines
Sunday, August 06, 2006 9:07 PM
I work in fort mcmurray...

lots of money to be had...LOTS... the key is to live in edmonton and travel to fort Mac.... dont live in fort mac
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 6:57 AM
Oil Mines??

In Alberta we call them: Drilling Rigs, or just "..the Riggs.."

Theres lots and lots and I do mean lots of jobs available here..

bring a couple friends.. too..

Friday, August 11, 2006 5:32 PM
Yeah Fort McMurray is not a good place to live but is a good place to work. I luckily still live with my parents (still pay rent though). The only place to make mega money up here is out at the plants, Syncrude/Suncor/Albian Sands/Shell to name a few companies. Long hour's, shift work. Get used to it fairly quickly though. Can be tough to get a job out here though unless you dont already have qualifications. Good luck!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 6:43 PM
i work in the oil field and its fairly easy, lots of openings in our company i know of

Sunday, September 24, 2006 8:09 PM
theres lots of work in the patch.long as you dont mind workin all the time .
Sunday, September 24, 2006 8:41 PM
last year i worked 162 days straight with no time off but that was by choice

Sunday, May 13, 2007 11:16 PM
I live in Fort Mac with my parents, housing is mega expensive. Towns okay but drivers are mega a**holes. Just a warning. There is a ton of work in Fort Mac though.

Monday, May 14, 2007 8:57 PM
just to open up youre options a bit you could consider going into scismic in the feild.
Wednesday, January 02, 2008 3:45 PM
yeah fort mcmurray is ok if all u wana do it work and make money i work 24-4 when im off i work on my cav fun times
Tuesday, January 29, 2008 6:35 AM
finding a place to live in fort mac is not easy thats for sure and if you do happen to find a place expect to pay out the ass lol
like suggested, live outside of fort mac and travel there

Saturday, February 09, 2008 7:51 AM
yeah u gota know someone here or have a but load of money to waist on a apartment or get a camp job....and do anyone wana have a j body meat here in the mac??
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search