02 LS Lips in Calgary - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
02 LS Lips in Calgary
Monday, April 24, 2006 2:21 PM
Hi guys,

As you can tell, I live in Calgary AB. When I purchased the car a couple of years ago, it needed a new lip for the front bumper. Also, the girl I purchased it from tore off part of the passenger skirt, so I'm looking for a new one of those as well.

My car is indigo blue, but if you have them in a different color, I have no problem painting them.

Just figured I would see if anybody in Calgary was looking to sell their skirts before I decide to get new ones from the factory.

Thanks,
Graham

Re: 02 LS Lips in Calgary
Sunday, July 30, 2006 8:15 PM
Hey how much did that end up costing ya?
Tuesday, August 01, 2006 12:10 PM
New ones from the factory???? I simply said no thanks, as the prices are rediculous.

New side skirts are $513.00 unpainted, and the new front lip is about $350.00 unpainted. I would have been looking at about at least 1000 after painting. I though this was a little crazy and am still driving around with a broken car.

If you know of anywhere I can get them for cheaper, let me know.

Thanks,
Graham
Monday, August 07, 2006 3:13 PM
emailed

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 6:54 AM
If your still looking for trim parts for your cav... and you want em cheap..

Look up "Fairmont Electroplating" here in Edmonton.. Its a company that re-finishes chrome bumpers and whatnot, but they have
nearly $500.000.00 in plastic bumper pieces just lying around(because they re-finish those aswell)

Check it out.. I needed the rear valance, and the front extension for my 2k Z-24 (stupid factory never decided to install em) and I checked the list
price ($360.00 for the front, $160.00 for each rear).

all in all, I ended up paying $90 for the front piece (finished, in primer) and $40 for the rear pieces (both)..

I saved a wack of cash.. i mean some' fierce..

Give them a call.. I managed to get an inside track on the deal, so no gaurentee on prices..

very friendly..and they are more than willing to stretch for ya..too..

cheers, and good luck.

-ken...

"...If your gonna mess with the Kings Queens, you'd better watch your Ace, Jack.."

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 1:03 PM
Thanks for the responses guys.

Awesome information Ken, I gave the gentlemen here in Calgary a call, and he's looking into the skirts and front lip for me.

LAFNGAS: If I don't hear back from Fairmont Electroplating, I very well may be giving you a call.

Thanks again,
Graham
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search