Question Regarding Delco Stereo - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Question Regarding Delco Stereo
Sunday, November 04, 2007 12:35 PM
Hi,

I'm new to this forum but have owned a 1997 Cavalier for over 10 years within my family. I've been wanting to replace the AM/FM Cassette Stereo that came with the car (looks like this: )

with the factory Delco Electronics CD Player (looks like this: )

Is this a good Idea?? I've been wanting to do it for a while but I'm wondering how to go about getting one... I know I'd get raped by the dealer on the price of one of these babies, even with my connections... so would it be advisable to pick up known working one off of Ebay or take a risk and pick one up from a junkyard car. The stereo I'm looking for works with the Cavalier, Malibu, Camaro, Lumina, and Venture of the era so finding one on Ebay or going to a junkyard would likely be easy.

Has anyone here done something similar with their car... Is there any inherent problem I might have with installing a different Delco unit when it comes to codes or the connectors? I'd rather not waste my money buying one of these units only to find that it won't work. Could I buy one off Ebay and have my dealer (GSL Chev City in Calgary) install it to make sure it's done properly?

I hope you can answer my questions...

Thanks In Advance.

---
2006 Chevrolet Malibu MAXX LT
2005 Chevrolet Venture LS EWB
1997 Chevrolet Cavalier 2.2L

Re: Question Regarding Delco Stereo
Tuesday, November 06, 2007 9:44 PM
In my opinion it'd be cheaper and more effective just to purchase an aftermarket stereo and install it. I'm sure it'll save a lot of headaches.
Re: Question Regarding Delco Stereo
Wednesday, November 07, 2007 4:47 PM
one headache could be the theft lock system

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search