Tranny Installation - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tranny Installation
Thursday, May 29, 2008 8:47 AM
Guys im about to install a new tranny. I need to know if anyone has done it on here. car is a 94 civic 4dr with a d15b7 engine. How hard is it to do it myself? also, where can i Find parts for my civic over the internet?. i will also be installing new axles. any techniques? i know at least one of you will say "search for it" but i'd rather get some people posting, it is way easier for me to find out what i need to do. I never get a good result searching.

Re: Tranny Installation
Thursday, May 29, 2008 6:59 PM
Doing it yourself is going to be a pain, unless you have at least 1 other person helping you. And using an engine hoist will be the easiest way to do it. You'll want to unbolt all the mounts (except for the drivers side mount) and use a floor jack to jack the engine up on the oil pan (to make sure it doesn't fall when you only have it hooked to 1 mount). By unbolting the other mounts, it will give you more movement to wiggle the tranny away from the engine. And make sure you've got a good pry bar to separate the tranny and block. That's all I can think of at the moment, but it really depends on what tools you have available (without air tools it's going to suck). Try www. autopartsway.ca this is where i buy parts for my civic.
Re: Tranny Installation
Tuesday, June 03, 2008 11:35 PM
thanks cartman. www.autopartsway.ca looks good. I might as well order parts from them.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search