Drag Wars in Grande Prairie Aug 21-23 - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Drag Wars in Grande Prairie Aug 21-23
Wednesday, July 29, 2009 2:04 AM
Anyone going? I'm considering doing a few fun runs in the Corolla (yes, a near bone stock Corolla. I might have an axle back with a fart can lined up by then, and I have a K&N drop-in filter in the stock air box with the bong removed) on King of the Street night (I doubt the cav would pass tech inspection with cracks in the windshield, dodgy shocks and four different types of very balding tires). The web site says you can expect 3-6 passes. Since I know a few others that might run from the local crowd (Nitrous powered Kia, and I might see if my co-worker's boyfriend is going to run his RX-8, I know some other people that I have a feeling will try to make it, too), I figured I'd ask here to see if anyone is planning on coming up for it.

For those interested, KotS is Friday August 21 from 5-10 pm. If I'm not in the queue, I'll be in the crowd (have to buy a helmet before then, hopefully I have the coin for it).

2010 Honda Fit LX

Re: Drag Wars in Grande Prairie Aug 21-23
Wednesday, July 29, 2009 6:25 AM
I would but I will not have my cams and a tune in seeing as how have H.O. cams ready for install........you should use cavy and put secret cams in

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Wednesday, July 29, 2009 11:27 AM
Secret cams wouldn't fit... it's a '92 RS with a 3.1. I was trying to save to bottle feed it until it blows (75 shot wet kit), but all those pesky bills got in the way. I'll probably just run the Corolla with no back seat, spare, jack or trunk lining, and hopefully, that axle back I mentioned.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Friday, July 31, 2009 3:52 PM
I will def be there not racing tho my sedan doesn't have anything done to it but and intake and new plugs ahah but its looks pretty and i just recently blew my JL W3's subs so waiting to see what i can get priced out for a new sub W7hopefully
NIKKI

Wednesday, August 05, 2009 11:56 AM
Should run it anyways. Well, if you see a red corolla with no hub caps and a new racer magnet on the back, that's me! I couldn't get the axle-back in time, so I'm just going to run with a bongless air box, and take as much out as possible for weight reduction.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Wednesday, August 05, 2009 9:50 PM
if I can get myself a new(er) set of tires in time, I'll be there possibly tracking myself.

Wednesday, August 05, 2009 9:58 PM
bah, why go all the way to gp to run when you can just hit up castrol raceway and potentially run faster times due to the track and everything and no have a 10 hour round trip?? just sounds crazy to me

Thursday, August 06, 2009 8:23 AM
cause it'll get me away from here for a weekend.

Thursday, August 06, 2009 11:43 PM
LAFNGAS wrote:bah, why go all the way to gp to run when you can just hit up castrol raceway and potentially run faster times due to the track and everything and no have a 10 hour round trip?? just sounds crazy to me

It's not just the racing, it's an event. There will be a lot of people there. This is my first year running, and I'm told it's a pretty good time. If you don't have a local track, these kinds of things can be pretty big. Back home we had the same thing, and it's always a big event there.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Friday, August 07, 2009 11:05 AM
the track for the majority of us is only 1 hour tops away

Friday, August 07, 2009 3:10 PM
yeah, I got asked today if I was gonna run at secret street today but I might aswell wait til my cams and exhaust come in

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...

Friday, August 07, 2009 4:30 PM
meh, Grande Prairie sucks anyways lol, I hate that city lol

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Saturday, August 08, 2009 11:00 AM
AJ B wrote:meh, Grande Prairie sucks anyways lol, I hate that city lol

lol me 2! but i live here so you get sick of it fast
at least they are starting to work on the roads...i don't wanna bend any more rims...cuz that sux
Saturday, August 08, 2009 4:46 PM
I bent the 17's in my sig last year, freaking sucks. hopefully going to fix them for next season.

Sunday, August 09, 2009 9:30 AM
IS it just me or does Tys car look like a fish out of water? Brad just run and shut up lol, scott go to bed, the scott in gp, just go race, and nikki go to my bed lol.............holy this is too early in morning

Sunday, August 09, 2009 12:05 PM
AJ, we need to find us a set of 14" drag Radials. you know why.

Sunday, August 09, 2009 1:43 PM
AJ B wrote:IS it just me or does Tys car look like a fish out of water? Brad just run and shut up lol, scott go to bed, the scott in gp, just go race, and nikki go to my bed lol.............holy this is too early in morning

Then why the hell did you get up and log onto JBO at 10:30 AM? You could have just gone back to bed.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Sunday, August 09, 2009 3:55 PM
it's AJ.

Sunday, August 09, 2009 9:33 PM
lol, I was in bed lol:p, good thing my desk beside the bed

Monday, August 10, 2009 8:34 AM
Quote:

nikki go to my bed lol

AJ needs more "chickie chickie chickie" in his bed.
Monday, August 10, 2009 9:18 AM
AJ B wrote:IS it just me or does Tys car look like a fish out of water? Brad just run and shut up lol, scott go to bed, the scott in gp, just go race, and nikki go to my bed lol.............holy this is too early in morning

lol u wish! hahah so u guys coming up for drag wars?? ill be in the spl sound off i just wanna see what my car will hit hopefully its over 135...which i'm sure it will be gonna sit in the show and shine 2 try and work on my tan ahha

Monday, August 10, 2009 10:02 AM
possibly not now, supposedly, I have to work again. if I do make it up though, I ma y try the SPL thing again, haven't tested with the new set-up yet.

Monday, August 10, 2009 12:24 PM
sounds good.. i'm definitely looking forward to Drag wars this year its only every 2 years
Monday, August 10, 2009 1:49 PM
lol, I should do racing and spl lol, last time hit 142, and wouldnt mind winning races, and wen not racing can get nikki's bf to go get drinks for me and her.Bikkini..... *drool* lol

Monday, August 10, 2009 2:00 PM
haha no bikini lol i don't have the figure for that hahahahaha maybe next summer planning on working my ass off at the gym this winter
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search